Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Customer Satisfaction Survey question...

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 04:45 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeus993
When you look at this it is a ridiculous survey if it penalizes the end user. Why do they relate the results to car allocation? How does that correct a poorly performing dealership? It doesn't, it just gets them pissed of, which then trickles down to the end user - you and I. What's actually needed is a 'Nordstom's' approach to customer services and a correction of any dealership that can't keep up.
Agreed with this... what a great way to punish a bad review, eh!

Also, in response to "anything but extremely satisfied" is not good, is another stupid thing by Porsche. I almost never rate anyone as "extremely satisfied", unless they went so much out of their way to provide a great experience and it's just rare.

In all cases, I think it is very bad policy for us to give them a good review if our experience was not, for us to try to negotiate our rating with the dealer, and for Porsche to take the results as black and white, and then punish the customer by allocation... they must find another way to do that... not sure what, but there must be some other incentives, like Porsche factory visits, unveiling of new cars, merchandise, etc...

Overall, we all know that P-car dealers have gotten worse and not better over the years and maybe *WE* are to blame as we were not honest in our assessment of their service.

PS. How the heck the Porsche Beverly Hills gets so many cars, yet reviews are just so horrendous?
Old 11-12-2013, 05:03 PM
beden1
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My first service experience at the dealer where I bought my new car was less than satisfactory. The service department was scheduling out 3+ weeks for appointments. I found out when there that they had lost two of their three mechanics and were swamped.

I went for service to replace two window pillar moldings that were damaged. I also wanted to get touch up paint just to have. Both had to be ordered.

I never got a call from the dealer to let me know the parts came in. I called wondering if they had been received and was told they had been there over 3 weeks. It then took another 3+ weeks to get an appointment.

I get to the appointment and they ordered the wrong parts. They also never ordered my touch-up paint. Sorry, we will order the right parts this time.

They didn't call again to let me know the parts came in. It took another 3+ weeks to get an appointment when I called to inquire. They gave me a loaner and said it would be done by the afternoon. Later, I get a call to let me know they didn't know how to change the parts. They would have to call their Porsche rep. My car was completed 5 days later for what turned out to be a 10 minute job.

My touch up paint was never ordered.

Got my survey and detailed my experience. The General Manager called to apologize profusely. Offered me a free state inspection and oil change for my troubles.

I never went back because I lost confidence. The dealer I use now has turned out to be OK.

I get the best service consistently from my local Chevy dealer, believe it or not. Second, but very close is the BMW dealer. The Audi dealer is good but parking for serviice sucks. The Porsche dealer I use now would be a distant fourth.

Last edited by beden1; 11-12-2013 at 05:52 PM.
Old 11-12-2013, 05:30 PM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,059 Likes on 743 Posts

Originally Posted by alexb76
PS. How the heck the Porsche Beverly Hills gets so many cars, yet reviews are just so horrendous?
I asked the same thing the other day https://rennlist.com/forums/10896097-post25.html

Maybe the highest volume dealers are exempt from the standards the rest are expected to uphold. "You keep the numbers up and we don't care how you treat customers". Champion Porsche in Pompano Beach proves you can do both well though. Sales volume right up there with BHP but with great customer service to go along with it.
Old 11-13-2013, 04:35 PM
socalsteve
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

So, in the end I gave them less than stellar feedback...I was just being honest.

Not more than 5 minutes after I hit send, the phone rang and it was the " customer service satisfaction" lady from the dealership calling. I went on and on for no less than 10 minutes of what their dealership did wrong during the initial sale and then service for due bill items.

She said she would get back to me to settle everything. I have an appointment to go back to their service department in 2 weeks and meet with the service manager and hopefully get at least some of the issues worked out ( after their past performance though, I am doubtful).

About the sales issues, well they are in the past now I guess. I can't fix arrogance and lack of attention to detail. These were traits that permeated throughout their entire sales staff and management.

It's funny because they kept sending me emails asking me to post my feedback on Yelp, Cars.com, etc...I don't even know where to start to give them bad feedback!

I'll keep you guys posted as to what happens.

BTW, this is an AutoNation dealer that has Porsche, Bentley and Audi and they are in a very high rent district of Orange County. You would like to think they would hold themselves to a higher standard...what a joke!!!
Old 11-13-2013, 04:53 PM
Minok
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeus993
When you look at this it is a ridiculous survey if it penalizes the end user. Why do they relate the results to car allocation? How does that correct a poorly performing dealership?
I imagine the corporate logic is this:
We don't want dealers that give bad service, so we use allotment to incentive good customer service. When the dealers choice of product shrinks, they either react and improve the quality or they shrink and shrink and go out of business.

The theory is that each car sold generates a customer service experiences in the customers mind that they then carry on and relay. You want most of your cars to be sold with a good experience, so give most of the cars to places that produce a good experience.

However, it relies on the customer having a choice... that they can go to dealer B if dealer A gives bad service and thus doesn't have allotment of what they want. The problem is, lots of the world is served by exactly one or zero dealers. So the customer has no real choice, and as you said, reducing allotment to a dealer that is 200mi away from means I now have to deal with a dealer that is 400mi away from me.
Old 11-13-2013, 05:04 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

Having considerable dealings with Dealerships I beg to differ. CSI - customer satisfaction index is used to reward or penalize dealerships. It will show up as changes in allocations (hot models especially) end of the year rebates and or rewards given to dealer management. So yes they do count for most brands we like here and that's why sales and service people ask us to return them. In some cases, surveys not returned count as a negative against the dealer!!!
Old 11-13-2013, 06:37 PM
BrakingBad
Drifting

Received 97 Likes on 67 Posts

PCA needs to send surveys to people who DIDN'T buy a car from a dealership they were interacting with. I'm dealing with one now that needs some reviewing.
Old 11-14-2013, 01:47 PM
PhilD
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nothing wrong with the truth.

I recently had one from Ford for some warranty work on my Raptor and I told them I will never buy a Ford again due to the crappy dealer service. Did the same with a Mercedes one years ago. I'm not interested in making the dealer happy, it's their job to make me happy.
Old 11-14-2013, 01:56 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by socalsteve
So, in the end I gave them less than stellar feedback...I was just being honest.

Not more than 5 minutes after I hit send, the phone rang and it was the " customer service satisfaction" lady from the dealership calling. I went on and on for no less than 10 minutes of what their dealership did wrong during the initial sale and then service for due bill items.

She said she would get back to me to settle everything. I have an appointment to go back to their service department in 2 weeks and meet with the service manager and hopefully get at least some of the issues worked out ( after their past performance though, I am doubtful).

About the sales issues, well they are in the past now I guess. I can't fix arrogance and lack of attention to detail. These were traits that permeated throughout their entire sales staff and management.

It's funny because they kept sending me emails asking me to post my feedback on Yelp, Cars.com, etc...I don't even know where to start to give them bad feedback!

I'll keep you guys posted as to what happens.

BTW, this is an AutoNation dealer that has Porsche, Bentley and Audi and they are in a very high rent district of Orange County. You would like to think they would hold themselves to a higher standard...what a joke!!!
Good for you! Absolutely what everyone should do, otherwise Porsche dealer service quality will never improve!
Old 11-14-2013, 03:48 PM
BIG smoke
Drifting

Received 146 Likes on 115 Posts

I fill in almost all the surveys that come to my inbox. Except the spam ones, (I.T. does not like that). How are they to know how my experience was? Exceeded expectations? What is that ? I expect good and fair service for your exorbitant shop rate.
I book an appointment for a job, I expect you to have the parts on hand because you know I'm coming. I expect you to do the required work for the explained cost. If there is a problem, I expect you to call me and ask permission for any additional work, and a cost for that. Then you expect me to pay for the services rendered, and the car delivered on the agreed upon time. Simple.
If those very simple steps are not provided then I will give you my feelings, a survey is just that. What did you expect and how did it make you feel. Are you the type of person that likes being addressed my your first name? Or are you a MR or MRS or even a MISS. All those can effect a survey.
My Acura Dealer constantly sends me follow up surveys. I fill them in, I give them terrible reviews. If there was a minus one category, I would. Book a service, deliver vehicle, no part ordered, go pick up car unrepaired. Part comes in, deliver car, wrong part ordered, go pick up unrepaired car. New correct part comes in, drop off car, ordered part not covered under warranty, as it has already been replaced once and recalled/replaced parts not covered under any warranty. While this is not a $100,000 dollar Porsche, It is a $70,000 dollar SUV? You'd think they would pay more attention to a sugar daddy like me. Go postal over the 5th $12oo dollar shock in this truck in 60,000 miles. I have this story as a DOC. and paste it into my survey comment. With my address, and all my phone numbers, and my email address. No follow up. Ever. For six years of trying to get it addressed. At one point I even dared them to call and speak to me. All I get is the sound of crickets and silence.
My Subaru dealer, picks up my car from my house, takes it away for its service, brings it back, services oil changed, brakes done, everything adjusted, snow tires on. And it's clean. And I don't mean clean, I mean UBERCLEAN. Vacuumed, everything is dressed, seat inserts with directional vacuuming marks. Now that deserves exceeding expectations. I fill in their survey, and follow up with SOA personally. I'm sure they get lots of bitching calls. Some time you have to follow up with a Hallelujah moment.
My Porsche independent mechanic, is an ex Porsche cooperate mechanic. I give him my dirty car, he fixes the broken problem. He brings it back as dirty as I sent it. I do not expect him to clean it. I have gotten it back repaired for 1ooo's and often 1oo's. My only follow up with him, is he should clean my Big Red calipers when the wheels are off.
Old 11-14-2013, 11:20 PM
Iceter
Drifting

Received 414 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by alexb76
Also, in response to "anything but extremely satisfied" is not good, is another stupid thing by Porsche. I almost never rate anyone as "extremely satisfied", unless they went so much out of their way to provide a great experience and it's just rare.

In all cases, I think it is very bad policy for us to give them a good review if our experience was not, for us to try to negotiate our rating with the dealer, and for Porsche to take the results as black and white, and then punish the customer by allocation... they must find another way to do that... not sure what, but there must be some other incentives, like Porsche factory visits, unveiling of new cars, merchandise, etc...

Overall, we all know that P-car dealers have gotten worse and not better over the years and maybe *WE* are to blame as we were not honest in our assessment of their service.
It's a ridiculous system but it's the model that most manufacturers use--it's not a strictly Porsche system. They ALL use it, and it's spread to other industries, as well.
Old 11-15-2013, 03:52 PM
Minok
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

On a related survey note, who all fills out the 4-6 pages of bubble-sheets of info for the JDPower associates? The $1 they give is just enough to cover the cost of opening the envelope and realizing the 20 minutes of my time is worth more than a $1.

Quick Reply: Customer Satisfaction Survey question...