Sponsored by:

"Complete 997.2 Facelift Kit"

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 02:59 AM
Arctic Wolf
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Complete 997.2 Facelift Kit"

Hey guys I've been wanting to update the look of my 997.1 S for awhile now and since I'm coming off warranty I'm feeling the itch again! I see that Suncoast Porsche has what they call a "complete 997.2 facelift kit" that does front and back bumper and lights. Anyone have any experience with these or any others? How is the install, pretty rudimentary plug and play or extensive modifications required? Thanks!
Old 10-11-2013, 03:11 AM
Perk10
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have seen some problems with the Turbo cars going to the .2 rear because of the exhaust cutouts and/or parking sensors but I think that you should be absolutely fine with a plug and play application from Suncoast on your NA car.

It sure is not cheap but I know you'll love it in the long run. . . Have your PCM surround painted black while you're at it and you're good

Maybe even a new set of wheels...

I on the other hand love the .1 look so to blend it up a bit I bought the LED front fog/signal/strip setup and All Red rear tails to change it up a bit. Total cost was about 500 bucks

FWIW though, I think your car looks GREAT as is!!!
Old 10-11-2013, 03:36 AM
Arctic Wolf
Instructor

Originally Posted by Perk10
I have seen some problems with the Turbo cars going to the .2 rear because of the exhaust cutouts and/or parking sensors but I think that you should be absolutely fine with a plug and play application from Suncoast on your NA car.

It sure is not cheap but I know you'll love it in the long run. . . Have your PCM surround painted black while you're at it and you're good

Maybe even a new set of wheels...

I on the other hand love the .1 look so to blend it up a bit I bought the LED front fog/signal/strip setup and All Red rear tails to change it up a bit. Total cost was about 500 bucks

FWIW though, I think your car looks GREAT as is!!!
Thanks man! I like the tail light look of the 997.2 the most and would be good living with the front end I already have. I want to do the front, because the previous owner had a license plate drilled to the front middle and the holes look awful when it is removed. Plus there are some chips in the paint so a brand new front will let me do the clear bra as well! I'm also flirting with the idea of lowering it with Sharkwerks' springs as well as doing the plenum/throttle body and ECU flash! I really wanted to trade her in for a GT3, but just can't as I have fallen to hard for this car and she is my first Porsche. So I will have her forever and wait until the day I am able to add a .2 RS to the garage
Old 10-11-2013, 08:32 AM
wc11
Race Car

Received 155 Likes on 100 Posts

I'm on the fence about changing the actual bumpers.
Why not just go with the aftermarket LED tail & fog lights?

It'll freshen it up and looks great.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:34 AM
CamsPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 543 Likes on 234 Posts

For $6,800 I would rather just sell my car and upgrade to a 997.2...perhaps another car with more options?
Old 10-11-2013, 10:22 AM
cairo94507
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 74 Posts

I say do what your heart desires - but were it me, I would sell and buy a .2.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:18 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 577 Likes on 345 Posts

after paint install and labour, + 3m again... its much more then 6800...

with that said i want to get the front end done to the 997.2

the rears you can just go the cheaper route and get the dectane rear LEDs that look like the 997.2 (i actually have these already).

this beautiful seal grey 06 from the other forum has it done. 997.2 front (sport classic bumper however) + dectane rears.

http://www.qikqbnboxster.9f.com/photo3_1.html

of course upgrading all together to a real 997.2 is possible, but to find one with the same 15k miles, fully loaded (full leather+adaptive etc etc), for what i would consider a reasonable price; wouldnt be easy (or would probably take a year or two of searching and waiting.)

Originally Posted by CamsPorsche
For $6,800 I would rather just sell my car and upgrade to a 997.2...perhaps another car with more options?

Trending Topics

Old 10-11-2013, 01:18 PM
Jaws1
Rennlist Member

Received 291 Likes on 153 Posts

IDK, I briefly had a .1 and in some ways I prefer the look of that car as compared to my .2. To my eyes the .1 seems cleaner looking. For us Canucks, the LED DRLs are better than the .1 DRLs. The OP's car looks great and I wouldn't spend the money.
Old 10-11-2013, 02:04 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 577 Likes on 345 Posts

may i ask why you upgraded?

Originally Posted by Jaws1
IDK, I briefly had a .1 and in some ways I prefer the look of that car as compared to my .2. To my eyes the .1 seems cleaner looking. For us Canucks, the LED DRLs are better than the .1 DRLs. The OP's car looks great and I wouldn't spend the money.
Old 10-11-2013, 02:07 PM
Perk10
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Arctic Wolf
Thanks man! I like the tail light look of the 997.2 the most and would be good living with the front end I already have. I want to do the front, because the previous owner had a license plate drilled to the front middle and the holes look awful when it is removed. Plus there are some chips in the paint so a brand new front will let me do the clear bra as well! I'm also flirting with the idea of lowering it with Sharkwerks' springs as well as doing the plenum/throttle body and ECU flash! I really wanted to trade her in for a GT3, but just can't as I have fallen to hard for this car and she is my first Porsche. So I will have her forever and wait until the day I am able to add a .2 RS to the garage
Man I know exactly how you feel! I bought my car to tide me over until I could find the right GT3. Well then I moved to FL where roads are straight and flat so I started looking at TT's. Long story short, I have fallen in love with my car so much (first Porsche as well) that I feel like I will never get rid of it.

Since you have an excuse to do the front bumper, I'd say go for it. As far as the rear goes, I PERSONALLY do not like the dectane LED kit for the .1 and think that the new bumper needs to be installed with the actual OEM LED's to pull off the look. You've definitely got the right idea... Have you considered all red tails to give it a custom or more exclusive look or is it the LED lighting you long for?
Old 10-11-2013, 03:27 PM
Arctic Wolf
Instructor

Originally Posted by Perk10
Man I know exactly how you feel! I bought my car to tide me over until I could find the right GT3. Well then I moved to FL where roads are straight and flat so I started looking at TT's. Long story short, I have fallen in love with my car so much (first Porsche as well) that I feel like I will never get rid of it.

Since you have an excuse to do the front bumper, I'd say go for it. As far as the rear goes, I PERSONALLY do not like the dectane LED kit for the .1 and think that the new bumper needs to be installed with the actual OEM LED's to pull off the look. You've definitely got the right idea... Have you considered all red tails to give it a custom or more exclusive look or is it the LED lighting you long for?
Yep my thoughts exactly! And really with all the options no two Porsches' are alike so it'd be very difficult to find one with the same setup as the one I already have. Plus it being a former Porsche pool car with it's special paint finish and knowing that Porsche used it for advertising is something special to me too! IMHO I do not like the all red tails for a 911. I much rather have the thin strip of clear that the .2 has. However, that being said I do believe that the outgoing Cayman with all red tails is a sexy beast
Old 10-11-2013, 03:48 PM
Jaws1
Rennlist Member

Received 291 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by myw
may i ask why you upgraded?
I bought it w/o seeing it. It was a CPO and I did get it third-party inspected, but I when I got it, while it was a very nice car, it was not up to my standards as far as overall condition was concerned. I drove it for two months and sold it within 2 days of listing it. I miss the engine howl of that car, but the .2 is an upgrade in all other respects.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:32 PM
andrewinla
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the .2 rear lights look like they sag compared to the .1
That's why I wend Rotec, oh the cost was also an issue.
Old 11-30-2016, 03:20 AM
qikqbn
Rennlist Member

Received 540 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by myw
after paint install and labour, + 3m again... its much more then 6800...

with that said i want to get the front end done to the 997.2

the rears you can just go the cheaper route and get the dectane rear LEDs that look like the 997.2 (i actually have these already).

this beautiful seal grey 06 from the other forum has it done. 997.2 front (sport classic bumper however) + dectane rears.

facelift on 997.1 with sport classic front bumper and chin spoiler

http://www.qikqbnboxster.9f.com/photo3_1.html

of course upgrading all together to a real 997.2 is possible, but to find one with the same 15k miles, fully loaded (full leather+adaptive etc etc), for what i would consider a reasonable price; wouldnt be easy (or would probably take a year or two of searching and waiting.)
website changed domain. updated link

http://www.qikqbnboxster.mysite.com/photo3_1.html

Last edited by qikqbn; 03-21-2018 at 01:08 AM.
Old 11-30-2016, 11:39 AM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,465 Likes on 918 Posts

Originally Posted by cairo94507
I say do what your heart desires - but were it me, I would sell and buy a .2.
+1

Or buy a 991....

Quick Reply: "Complete 997.2 Facelift Kit"