997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vandalised 997

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2013 | 10:08 PM
CamsPorsche
Rennlist Member

In terms of resale have you taken pictures of the crime?

That way when someone looks to buy it from you at least they can be reassured that it wasn't a major crash that occurred. Another nice thing to get from your lovely insurance company is a letter stating why they are paying for the repairs (vandalism). That's another way of preventing any further loss...

Sucks and I really feel bad for you. My car received a lovely scar a few weeks back at the GO-Station and I was pissed at first then I thought to myself "well at least I have a 911..."

People will always hate even though we own our 911's for the car that it is and not the so-called status symbol people love to think it is. My wife's Explorer almost cost more!!!
Old 10-10-2013 | 10:23 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

bingo!

when driving around (esp in slow traffic) i can almost always sense what ppl think when they see a young looking guy in a 911.

Originally Posted by CamsPorsche
People will always hate even though we own our 911's for the car that it is and not the so-called status symbol people love to think it is.
Old 10-11-2013 | 12:28 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Sorry to hear that you have to go through this. I had my driver's door keyed within 2 days of picking up the car at the factory. It happened parked in a very nice neighborhood of mostly engineers and doctors--and apparently transited by various low-lives!

On the up-side you have to remember that these cars were made by man, and thus can be repaired by man. There are many very competent shops around. Always do your homework on this. Mine was corrected upon my return to California and one would never know what happened.

This is why my car is electrified with a hidden electrical condenser with 20,000 volts which can quickly ruin the day of anyone who touches my car. Of course, I would have to dispose of the body myself...
Old 10-11-2013 | 04:41 PM
997_Toronto
Three Wheelin'

Any cameras in the area that might have caught the ahole?
Old 10-12-2013 | 06:48 AM
FlyScotty71
Intermediate

Oh man... I just threw up all over my computer...

I am so sorry that happened to your car. I know the feeling all too well.

I was mowing my Aunt's yard one afternoon and had parked my car across the street. As I was taking a break in the garage, I looked up and saw two young kids writing on the hood with bricks and trying to scratch the front windshield. I sprinted out of the garage and managed to tackle one of them. I saw the other one hiding in the bushes and eventually he came out. I took them both back to my Aunt's house, called the police and guess what... the Sheriff that showed up was one of the kids Uncle!!! He beat the s**t out of that kid and put both of them in the back of his car. Unfortunately, the family had little to no money so all I received was an apology from the family and the kids. Luckily the windshield was not cracked, and the hood was able to be repaired.

I was so upset. Why in the world would someone do something like that? When I asked the kids why they did it, they said they didn't know. The inability to be empathetic and understand consequences for their own actions comes to mind. Unfortunately sometimes jealously plays a huge factor as well.

I know it's difficult, but as a few have said before, it's much better than being in an accident and being seriously injured.

Just hang in there; you'll get your ride repaired and she'll be good as new!
Old 10-12-2013 | 10:22 AM
Jack667
Drifting

I skimmed the whole thread but didn't see much discussion on the wheels. Did I miss it?
In addition to the paint, I would seriously look into alternatives to the wheel plan.
In the states (and maybe for you?), one could source your own wheels and that alone would take care of the deductible, and with plenty left over.
$1900 x 4 = $7600. You could get a used set of OEM wheels and pocket at least $5k, or put that toward a more OEM-quality paint job
Old 10-13-2013 | 02:01 PM
Marshal_Mercer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by myw
bingo!

when driving around (esp in slow traffic) i can almost always sense what ppl think when they see a young looking guy in a 911.
Firstly-- OP: sorry that this happened to you. Not good! I hope that your car comes out as new.

Secondly: I drive with the top down almost everywhere. Not a day goes by that I am not complimented on how beautiful the cars is; even the winos and street people remark! I always say 'thanks'. I may get keyed, too, but probably not by those whom I've seen so far.

I cannot imagine a Canadian doing this. In my experience, they're WAY too nice for vandalism.
Old 10-14-2013 | 04:17 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

dont get me wrong, i do get a nice share of compliments from adults, kids, even police and randoms thumbs up from kids everywhere ... but there are people on the opposite side of the spectrum as well.

i also have a handful of buddies who didnt come from money, worked their a$$es off, bought their cars in full ... yet get called a spoiled <insert various races here> "kid" by random strangers more often then they would happily like to admit.

some people are happy for others while some simply aren't and assume (or refuse to believe) that we could have in any way paid for the cars ourselves, other people can get jealous or sometimes some people have no better way to kill a few hours then to damage a random nice car.

while i believe most people (including my fellow Canadians) are nice, i can assure you first hand that not all of them are

ps. i can see why your car gets compliments

Originally Posted by Marshal_Mercer
Firstly-- OP: sorry that this happened to you. Not good! I hope that your car comes out as new.

Secondly: I drive with the top down almost everywhere. Not a day goes by that I am not complimented on how beautiful the cars is; even the winos and street people remark! I always say 'thanks'. I may get keyed, too, but probably not by those whom I've seen so far.

I cannot imagine a Canadian doing this. In my experience, they're WAY too nice for vandalism.

Quick Reply: Vandalised 997