Sponsored by:

I'm in!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 08:47 AM
wheeler
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default I'm in!

Longest week of my life waiting on this car to get here!! I felt like I was having my first kid all over again...

It was dusk when it finally arrived last night so I didn't take many pics at home. These are some better ones from the ad. 2009 C2S, 13,300 miles, manual, good options including the Fabspeed X pipe and PSE, SC, power seats, Nav. The sound is beyond my expectations! Meteor Gray, CPO until June 2015. The car is absolutely pristine! I bought it without seeing it in person. After talking with the seller I felt very comfortable with him and the alleged condition of the car. There literally is not a scratch on it, not even towel/swirl marks, headlights are perfect, seats perfect. I honestly hadn't even drive a .2 car before I bought it...just nothing around KC to test drive AT ALL...other than .1 cars and I drove a few of those. But this thing is by far faster and quicker than any 911 I've driven! And the sound...WOW...just perfect. Very exotic sound, loud enough you know something cool is coming but not obnoxious in any way.

Old 10-04-2013, 09:11 AM
Taryon
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Beautiful car congratulations!
Old 10-04-2013, 09:11 AM
DGrayling
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice car . . . congrats ! I love my 2009 997.2 C2S also, and enjoy DIY maintenance on it too.
Old 10-04-2013, 09:20 AM
SuncoastParts
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 164 Likes on 86 Posts

Congrats! Looks in perfect condition from the photos, good find.
Your #1 Source for Genuine Porsche Parts and Accessories on the Web!

Visit us at http://www.SuncoastParts.com
Call us at: 877-923-1700
Email us at: Parts@SuncoastParts.com

Follow our Project 718 Build Thread!

Stay connected:
Join Our Newsletter
Facebook

Old 10-04-2013, 09:45 AM
TommyV44
Drifting

Received 472 Likes on 270 Posts

Looks beautiful!! Congrats!

If you want to show it to a real Porsche fan (me!) I'm in KC for a few days and staying in the Marriott in Overland Park.

Let me know and I'll send you my cell #........love to check her out in person.

Best of Luck!

Tom
Old 10-04-2013, 10:04 AM
wheeler
Rennlist Member

Couple of quick questions regarding the .2 car....

As I said, I've never driven a .2. The throttle seems more touchy than any of S or non-S .1 cars. I obviously know how to drive a manual and can hop in a car and make it go just not "drive" it, but I haven't owned a manual in probably 20 years. So it's more than likely just me. For reference I was a LOT smoother in the 06 C2 I test drove a few weeks ago. But this thing just wants GO! :-)

And there seems to be a throttle lag RIGHT off the very bottom when you first apply some throttle to finesse the clutch a little...is this normal? Characteristic of the fly-by-wire perhaps? I think that little lag is causing me to give it a little more throttle, feather the clutch a little more, then bucking the car a little on take off?

Thanks for the comments! I can't believe I went to the garage this morning at it was REALLY still there! :-) Let me see weekend holds Tom. I'll PM you.
Old 10-04-2013, 10:39 AM
PasPar2
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Very nice. Looked for a Meteor gray myself (or white) - its a great color. congrats!
Old 10-04-2013, 10:40 AM
PasPar2
Drifting

PS : LOVE! those wheels!
Old 10-04-2013, 10:43 AM
997_Toronto
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Congratulations...
Old 10-04-2013, 10:49 AM
wheeler
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PasPar2
Very nice. Looked for a Meteor gray myself (or white) - its a great color. congrats!
Ha! Those were really my top choices as well. I looked and looked for white.

I thought I liked the wheels from the pics, but just wasn't sure. I can say this for anyone out there lurking, shopping, sweating the details...it doesn't have the right wheels, it's the not the exact color, not this, not that...once that car is in YOUR driveway all the $hit goes away! Before the car even came I was already looking for front lips, duck tail, maybe wheels. You get in, mash the go pedal, hear that sound and nothing matters. And the wheels are AWESOME!
Old 10-04-2013, 11:03 AM
chris.hanle
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I do like it as well, congrats. I cannot answer the question about clutch/throttle feel, since mine is pdk. But I believe you will soon work those things out.
Old 10-04-2013, 11:36 AM
TommyV44
Drifting

Received 472 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by wheeler
Couple of quick questions regarding the .2 car....

As I said, I've never driven a .2. The throttle seems more touchy than any of S or non-S .1 cars. I obviously know how to drive a manual and can hop in a car and make it go just not "drive" it, but I haven't owned a manual in probably 20 years. So it's more than likely just me. For reference I was a LOT smoother in the 06 C2 I test drove a few weeks ago. But this thing just wants GO! :-)

And there seems to be a throttle lag RIGHT off the very bottom when you first apply some throttle to finesse the clutch a little...is this normal? Characteristic of the fly-by-wire perhaps? I think that little lag is causing me to give it a little more throttle, feather the clutch a little more, then bucking the car a little on take off?

Thanks for the comments! I can't believe I went to the garage this morning at it was REALLY still there! :-) Let me see weekend holds Tom. I'll PM you.
Perfect.....if it works great!

Tom
Old 10-04-2013, 11:54 AM
Cuda911
Race Director

Received 454 Likes on 293 Posts

Beautiful car... congrats!!!!!!
Old 10-04-2013, 11:58 AM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 570 Likes on 339 Posts

absolutely stunning. congrats.
Old 10-04-2013, 12:02 PM
PasPar2
Drifting

Originally Posted by wheeler
Ha! Those were really my top choices as well. I looked and looked for white.

I thought I liked the wheels from the pics, but just wasn't sure. I can say this for anyone out there lurking, shopping, sweating the details...it doesn't have the right wheels, it's the not the exact color, not this, not that...once that car is in YOUR driveway all the $hit goes away! Before the car even came I was already looking for front lips, duck tail, maybe wheels. You get in, mash the go pedal, hear that sound and nothing matters. And the wheels are AWESOME!
I sense the excitement... its all too familiar to me. I remember my 200+ miles drive home in my newly acquired 09 c2s in the wrong color and with no full leather and no adaptive seats (but all the rest of the stuff I wanted). I was happier than a pig in **** my cheeks hurt when I got home bc I was wearing a smile for 4+ hours.

Quick Reply: I'm in!