Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Photos of My 997.1 C2S with Mods!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 06:25 PM
Perk10
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Arrow New Photos of My 997.1 C2S with Mods!!

Hey everyone!

So just about three months ago (feels like yesterday) my car arrived in Naples, FL all the way from Oxnard, California on an enclosed carrier driven by Exotic Auto Transport Orlando. I had searched for a couple of YEARS believe it or not as my criteria was thick with options that were MUST HAVES for me.

I ended up getting much more than I bargained for and here is a list of my factory options:

-Special Leather Cocoa
-Adaptive Sport Seats
-Heated Seats
-PCCB
-Leather Sport Steering wheel
-Sport Chrono Package Plus
-Navigation for PCM
-Bose High End Sound Package
-Sport Shifter
-A & B Pillars in Leather
-Roof Liner in Leather
-Instrument Surround Leather

In the 90 or so days I have had it, I have managed to work up quite a mod list already. After building a few BMW's and other cars, automotive customization seems to run in my blood for sure. I actually bought a high option car so that I could tell myself "It's a Porsche!, It has everything I need already!...etc."

Well we all know how that goes. For starters, the car already came modified with the following:

-Smart Top on both Key FOB’s
-Tooki Bluetooth
-Dension iPod connection
-Sirius XM
-Wired for Valentine One
-Clear side lenses
-New Michelin SS
-X51 Air box
-3rd Front radiator (center)
-X51 components
-Ceramic black exhaust tips (AWE)
-IPD Plenum
-Noah Car Cover

I felt that the car was modified properly and it came with LOTS of documentation to support how correctly it was built and driven up to the point of my purchase.

After about 2 weeks, I began to feel "comfortable" with my purchase and installed the following modifications over the next couple months of the Summer season:

-AWE Mufflers
-AWE 200 Cell Cats
-AWE Headers
-Front LED fog lights
-All Red tail lights
-Plasti Dipped Anthracite wheels
-Ceramic windshield tint
-Valentine One installed
-”JP JR” Miami Heat Vanity Plate
-Porsche Tequipment License Plate Frame
-"PORSCE" logo on front windshield
-H&R lowering springs and Coils

The car has also undergone the following:

-Sirius XM Removed
-3 dings removed from rear quarter
-professional exterior detail with scratch removal
-professional interior detail with Porsche products
-Tequipment Porsche Trickle Charger added
-Brand New Cocoa floor mats
-Porsche "PCCB" Keychain
-New Idler Pulley and Serpentine Belt
-New Ignition installed after key was getting stuck
-Alignment to go with the new suspension setup

I am sure that I'm forgetting some stuff but so far it's been a great journey and I really love the car! Just like my previous "weekend car" which was a BMW M3 (I drive it as much as I possibly can, but the FL weather sucks in the Summer with all this rain), I find myself making excuses to go out and drive it. My girlfriend loves the car since she enjoys speed and the nice sound it makes compared to my previous cars. She is also a sucker for the Adaptive Sport Seats and Bose High End Sound. Naples, Florida is an area that is HEAVILY populated with Porsches (all models) but most all of them are stock, so I get questions from by passers almost daily!

Anyways, I know this is a long write-up but a lot has happened since it's arrival in early July. Without further adieu here are some photos. Please enjoy and feel free to chime in with any C&C!

-John P.

Old 10-01-2013, 10:37 PM
Robocop305
Rennlist Member

Received 462 Likes on 271 Posts

Great looking ride! I love the all leather interior!!
Old 10-02-2013, 12:24 AM
gsdpic
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice car, and impressive list of mods.

I really like the color and finish on the wheels. I am beginning to think if I ever had a silver car, black or dark gray wheels like yours would be a must have. Have you thought about doing the same anthracite plasti-dip to the "carrera S" logo on the back?
Old 10-02-2013, 12:34 AM
Mspeedster
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Looking good!!!

Originally Posted by Perk10
In the 90 or so days I have had it, I have managed to work up quite a mod list already. After building a few BMW's and other cars, automotive customization seems to run in my blood for sure. I actually bought a high option car so that I could tell myself "It's a Porsche!, It has everything I need already!...etc."
I felt that way about my car for a very long time, mine had been bone stock for the first 4 years of my ownership. It was perfect to me just "as is" from the factory. It was only when I felt my car needed a "mid-life" uplift that the mod bug started to hit me. (Mid-life meaning about the half way point of how long I intend to keep my car.) But now with my mods, I'll probably keep her even longer!

In comparison, that's quite a mod list you have already for only 90 days!
Old 10-02-2013, 12:50 AM
Perk10
Pro

Originally Posted by Robocop305
Great looking ride! I love the all leather interior!!
Thanks a ton! Come check it out sometime

Originally Posted by gsdpic
Nice car, and impressive list of mods.

I really like the color and finish on the wheels. I am beginning to think if I ever had a silver car, black or dark gray wheels like yours would be a must have. Have you thought about doing the same anthracite plasti-dip to the "carrera S" logo on the back?
I appreciate your kind words. I have had some experience playing with plasti dip and once they came out with the "Anthracite Metallic" finish, I decided I would use it to the best of my ability to make it look like a REAL paint or powdercoat. I spent HOURS on the job (pretty much an entire day) so that I could get it right. People at car meets inspect the wheels up close and even touch them and think they've been professionally painted which is cool.

I personally would NOT do the rear badging because plasti dip tends to wear easily on smaller raised letters like that. I feel like it would be a head ache. I'm sure it would look great, though! My next move may be to do the stone guards in Anthracite and see if I like it. If not, pull it off!!!

Originally Posted by Mspeedster
Looking good!!!
I felt that way about my car for a very long time, mine had been bone stock for the first 4 years of my ownership. It was perfect to me just "as is" from the factory. It was only when I felt my car needed a "mid-life" uplift that the mod bug started to hit me. (Mid-life meaning about the half way point of how long I intend to keep my car.) But now with my mods, I'll probably keep her even longer!

In comparison, that's quite a mod list you have already for only 90 days!
You know exactly how I feel, then! There's something about making things "better" that becomes addictive. I knew I would end up modding this car like my cars of the past but never expected to do so much in just a couple months. The good news is that I, too, plan on keeping this car for a long time! Originally I thought I'd get a nice C2S to hold me over until the time was right for a 997.2 TT but this car has set the bar so high that I truly feel like I may keep it for 5+ years, easy!

How long have you had/are you keeping yours?

-John
Old 10-02-2013, 12:54 AM
cvtbenhogan
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Fantastic car. The lobster claw wheels look awesome. You've nailed it.
Old 10-02-2013, 01:56 AM
Mspeedster
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Perk10
How long have you had/are you keeping yours?
Had mine for over 4 years going on 5. Good to go for another 4-5 years, maybe more! Hence what I called a "mid-life" uplift. I think I'm actually done with my mods for while. (We'll see how long I last...)
I used to turnover cars far more frequently, but I'm really satisfied with the 997 and have grown "attached" to my particular car.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:17 AM
TommyV44
Drifting

Received 473 Likes on 271 Posts

Looks great John.......hope to see it in a day or two.........even if it makes me late for the beach!!!!!!!!!!

It's funny but I haven't done many mods at all though so I guess that particular bug hasn't hit me (I got bit by the buying another house bug which is much more dangerous and the reason I'm in Naples much of the time!)

I did:

-clear sides
-short shift
-Tubi exhaust
-HREs

I have an all leather interior and may do the center console at some point.....or not.

Lovely car!

Tom
Old 10-02-2013, 08:28 AM
Jack667
Rennlist Member

Received 113 Likes on 60 Posts

Looks great! That's LOW!
Old 10-02-2013, 09:12 AM
wheeler
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks great! Love the wheel finish! Did you leave tires mounted, valve stems in when you did the work??
Old 10-02-2013, 01:16 PM
kdurg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nicely done......but she's begging for an aerokit/GT3 Nose job and rear wing to finish her off.
Old 10-02-2013, 01:31 PM
AM993
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Who cares how many cows it took for all this leather, it's gorgeous Congratulations. I will keep an eye out for your car next time I am in NPZ
Old 10-02-2013, 02:22 PM
997_Toronto
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Black wheels look great on that silver car, I need to get mine painted.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:15 PM
Perk10
Pro

Originally Posted by cvtbenhogan
Fantastic car. The lobster claw wheels look awesome. You've nailed it.
Thanks so much! I happen to love the Lobster's myself!

Originally Posted by Mspeedster
Had mine for over 4 years going on 5. Good to go for another 4-5 years, maybe more! Hence what I called a "mid-life" uplift. I think I'm actually done with my mods for while. (We'll see how long I last...)
I used to turnover cars far more frequently, but I'm really satisfied with the 997 and have grown "attached" to my particular car.
I can't blame you for becoming attached. It is just such a well sorted platform. Coming from a long line of BMW's, there is just something about the build on this thing that has me in love!!! Like I said, I plan(ned) to trade to a .2TT in a couple years but at this point, I'd be happy keeping it for MUCH longer. I have, in the past, owned the same car for 10 plus years so it isn't out of my character.

Originally Posted by TommyV44
Looks great John.......hope to see it in a day or two.........even if it makes me late for the beach!!!!!!!!!!

It's funny but I haven't done many mods at all though so I guess that particular bug hasn't hit me (I got bit by the buying another house bug which is much more dangerous and the reason I'm in Naples much of the time!)

I did:

-clear sides
-short shift
-Tubi exhaust
-HREs

I have an all leather interior and may do the center console at some point.....or not.

Lovely car!

Tom
Thank you, Tom! I will email you soon to update you with my crazy schedule this week. Your car is nothing short of amazing and I wish I could see it in person as well!!! When will you bring her down?! You have the RIGHT mods!

Originally Posted by Jack667
Looks great! That's LOW!
Thanks! I happen to think it is low enough but could benefit visually from having a little less gap in the rear.

I'm buying a set of RSS spacers (7mm front, 15mm rear) to combat that. Then, I hope I can stop modding for a while

Originally Posted by wheeler
Looks great! Love the wheel finish! Did you leave tires mounted, valve stems in when you did the work??
Actually, I DID leave the tires and stems mounted. I even left the wheels on the car. I spent more time prepping the work than I did on the actual spray.

We masked off the brakes, valve stems and lugs. Then we masked the surrounding parts of the car. After spraying 5 layers of Anthracite Metallic and 2 layers of Glossifier, we used a razor to cut out the Porsche crests in the center with precision and then glossed over them to prevent from having exposed edges. The excess peels right off the tires with ease!!

Glad you like them!

Originally Posted by kdurg
Nicely done......but she's begging for an aerokit/GT3 Nose job and rear wing to finish her off.
You know, I have heard that a few times but I am a sucker for the old school slant back look. Maybe a GT3 nose job someday! We shall see...

Originally Posted by AM993
Who cares how many cows it took for all this leather, it's gorgeous Congratulations. I will keep an eye out for your car next time I am in NPZ
Poor cows! If it's any consolation, I eat at Chik-Fil-A all the time!

If you see me on the road here in Naples, you should notice me! I'm the guy that has a speeding problem

Originally Posted by 997_Toronto
Black wheels look great on that silver car, I need to get mine painted.
I must say, after having gloss black wheels on my previous silver car, I like the look but wanted something different.

Hence the Anthracite Gray Metallic semi-gloss. They are definitely not black, but I know what you mean with the contrast. It really does help the car pop!
Old 10-03-2013, 12:01 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

Great stuff! Now lose the stickers on the sunshades.

Quick Reply: New Photos of My 997.1 C2S with Mods!!