Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advise on my new car purchase please

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 09:25 AM
kswerks
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I just came to see if there was any popcorn left. Something about this post just makes NO sense at all, I just get the feeling the whole thing is a troll.

If it's legit....good on you, beautiful car. Not jealous of the price or experience you had but both the white and grey are awesome looking.

If you are just having some fun, you got some people good.

Woman buys brand new $186k C4S, pays for the whole thing up front, isn't "technical" (her words not mine). Doesn't know where to post on the forums because she is new but expertly quotes and responds to every post in her thread. Something is just weird here.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:26 AM
Augustomf
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

I am very amused by this post, so after deciding to buy a 186k car you go to the dealer and say, "I want to buy a White car, no Grey, no Red, no Blue?", then decide for White, and then decide that you do not like white that you want Grey???

Mine is Grey, I love White too, specially if you change the quarter panel film protection to black, looks so retro.

I wish I had the 186k budget, I can really see how that is a problem!!!!
Old 10-10-2013, 11:53 AM
Explorer7
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kswerks
I just came to see if there was any popcorn left. Something about this post just makes NO sense at all, I just get the feeling the whole thing is a troll.

If it's legit....good on you, beautiful car. Not jealous of the price or experience you had but both the white and grey are awesome looking.

If you are just having some fun, you got some people good.

Woman buys brand new $186k C4S, pays for the whole thing up front, isn't "technical" (her words not mine). Doesn't know where to post on the forums because she is new but expertly quotes and responds to every post in her thread. Something is just weird here.

Originally Posted by Augustomf
I am very amused by this post, so after deciding to buy a 186k car you go to the dealer and say, "I want to buy a White car, no Grey, no Red, no Blue?", then decide for White, and then decide that you do not like white that you want Grey???

Mine is Grey, I love White too, specially if you change the quarter panel film protection to black, looks so retro.

I wish I had the 186k budget, I can really see how that is a problem!!!!

I can assure you I did not make this up.. I actually don't see how I could possibly benefit from that. Proof will just have to be when my car is delivered and I post pictures. Do I really need to post pictures of my invoice? Vin number? what ?

I was new to this forum and no, did no know where to post.. I am not however a stranger to forums in general..

this whole thing was very unpleasant and obviously continues to be, as I am now, defending myself .. I already said that I was stupid to trust James, and even moreso stupid to pay my car in full before delivery.

What is so unbelievable that I walk into a car dealership and purchase a car with cash? I am not good with the mechanics of a car but I have always loved Porsches and want ed to own one.. Now, I am spending my free time on the forum to educate myself.. Something that I should have done before hand.
Since the delivery takes such a long time and I knew what I wanted to get, I wanted to get my car ordered.

Oh and about the color.. I had placed the order because I was told that in order to make the allocation, I would have to put down a deposit asap. I was assured that I have 10 days to make changes and that was the one thing I still needed time to make a final decision on. I was debating Agate vs White from the beginning.. When I went back to finalize the purchase and selected Agate Grey and changed the tires to match. All other options remained as selected when I put the deposit down.

Anyway.. feel free to harp on me a little more..
the only thing that will happen is that I will just leave the forum because I don't need any more grief.

I am here for different reasons.
Old 10-10-2013, 12:40 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,409 Likes on 2,516 Posts

Congrats, Explorer!! Are you by chance looking for a stay-at-home car detailer? Pool boy? Does not matter if you don't even have a pool. I could be interested.
Old 10-10-2013, 12:46 PM
CarreraX
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
Congrats, Explorer!! Are you by chance looking for a stay-at-home car detailer? Pool boy? Does not matter if you don't even have a pool. I could be interested.
Hey! Wait just one minute! I want that job!!!! On a serious note, I cant wait to see pics of the new car. Never mind the negativity here. It is becoming more and more prevalent on RL for some reason. We are glad to have you here and will do everything possible to support and guide you as necessary.
Old 10-10-2013, 03:15 PM
Augustomf
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

" I was debating Agate vs White from the beginning.. When I went back to finalize the purchase and selected Agate Grey and changed the tires to match"

I was never given the option to match my tires to the color of my car, now I am upset too!!!!
Old 10-10-2013, 04:01 PM
997xpress
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Jeez guys - Cut her some slack already.

Any woman joining the 911 ownership club (especially with a nice new C4S) is a good thing!
Old 10-10-2013, 04:38 PM
Little Green
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 48 Posts

No doubt, Who cares if you think she spent too much money or posted on the wrong forum. She originally posted in general porsche discussion which was a graveyard. She posted in 997 which is still the worng subforum but we will gladly take any new Pcar buyer specially one that loves cars and looks good while doing it.
I will say it again Explorer, congrats on what looks to be an awesome looking car. Please get pics of it posted on here when you take delivery and disregard the haters on here.
If you feel like posing with the car no one here will complain ; )
Old 10-10-2013, 06:31 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 578 Likes on 346 Posts

+ 10000000000

Originally Posted by 997xpress
Jeez guys - Cut her some slack already.

Any woman joining the 911 ownership club (especially with a nice new C4S) is a good thing!
Old 10-10-2013, 10:25 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,406 Likes on 814 Posts

$186k for a plastic interior and 400bhp....ouch
Old 10-10-2013, 11:45 PM
Explorer7
Instructor

"My Thanks" to the nice replies.. I truly appreciate each and every one of them!!!

I just don't get why people have to post mean things? I know I sound like a damn teenager.. But hell, is this really necessary?

Its odd enough being here as a female.. I want to learn about my car and Porsche in general... The more I read, the more I am in love with my car. I don’t see anything wrong with that.

Are you proud of yourself, Tough Guy? Did it make you feel good? Is a there need to be mean and be the bully of the Porsche forum because you can hide behind your avatar and made up name?

In my opinion, your giving, what is truly the classiest car out there... a bad name.

I am not pretending to be anything I am not.. Admitting, I am fairly clueless when it comes to the mechanics etc.

But I tell you one thing, ..I am a damn good driver!
Educated on the Autobahn, I know how to handle myself behind the wheel. It is the biggest thing I miss about Germany.... to truly drive your heart out.
To get into your car and exit 4 hours later to have breakfast in Paris.
Just for the hell of it… because you just wanted to drive…

I am not sure, I am up to the spiteful remarks.. Its actually quite disheartening and takes away from my happiness to be able to buy a car with my own hard earned money. Go ahead and joke.. but no financing, leasing or cc debt here!
If I can’t afford it, I will not own it, and I will also not make myself crazy reading all up on something that is far out of my reach. (A little trick that has helped me stay out of debt)

Last edited by Explorer7; 10-11-2013 at 03:51 AM.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:55 PM
cairo94507
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 74 Posts

Well call be a trusting person but i believe this whole story. I have seen these guys at the Burlingame dealership in action when I stopped by the looking for a Boxster form my brother-in-law a few years ago - Complete douche bags who knew nothing about their product or inventory and were all about, 'Are you going to make a purchase today?" They totally turned me off and he did not buy anything form them. And when I bought my '10 C4S I steered clear of their dealership due to their poor reputation and my personal experience.

I hope Explorer7 writes a nice letter to Porsche North America Customer Relations and names names. I would follow that up with a letter to Excellence magazine too.

Explorer7 - best wishes with your new car. I will look for you in it come December as I have an office in Redwood City and will no doubt notice your car on the 101.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:51 AM
DGrayling
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Please post pictures of your 991 on here when you get it. It will be a gorgeous. Hopefully once the car is delivered you can forget about this dealership and find another for service !
Old 10-11-2013, 01:19 AM
Explorer7
Instructor

Originally Posted by cairo94507
Well call be a trusting person but i believe this whole story. I have seen these guys at the Burlingame dealership in action when I stopped by the looking for a Boxster form my brother-in-law a few years ago - Complete douche bags who knew nothing about their product or inventory and were all about, 'Are you going to make a purchase today?" They totally turned me off and he did not buy anything form them. And when I bought my '10 C4S I steered clear of their dealership due to their poor reputation and my personal experience.

I hope Explorer7 writes a nice letter to Porsche North America Customer Relations and names names. I would follow that up with a letter to Excellence magazine too.

Explorer7 - best wishes with your new car. I will look for you in it come December as I have an office in Redwood City and will no doubt notice your car on the 101.

Originally Posted by DGrayling
Please post pictures of your 991 on here when you get it. It will be a gorgeous. Hopefully once the car is delivered you can forget about this dealership and find another for service !
Thank you! I promise to post lots of pictures.. (with me in them too so you can see its me) and its very possible you will see me in Redwood city.. thats where I plan to get my car serviced..
Oh and yes, when this is all over, I do plan on writing a nice letter to Porsche.
Old 10-11-2013, 01:27 AM
Explorer7
Instructor

Here, pictures of my paperwork.

I hope this is enough and puts this to rest!

If Not? Too Bad!!!

Quick Reply: Advise on my new car purchase please