Sponsored by:

Advise on my new car purchase please

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2013, 02:19 AM
Explorer7
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol I almost forgot to ad this..

Whohooo.. I am getting a beautiful Agate Grey Porsche!!

After all this mess.. I nearly forgot to celebrate the fact that I am getting the car I paid for!

There was one minor thing I did not get on my car that I forgot to mention Saturday when purchasing the car and emailed him that evening.. the Door model designation in black.. but I am happy to live without that and maybe ad it later.. ( I read they are just vinyl stickers you can buy on ebay vs it being painted (what I thought))

Here a few pictures of the car I built

With Model Designation in black on doors (I thought it gives it an even more sporty look):

Last edited by Explorer7; 09-20-2013 at 02:29 AM. Reason: Picture edits
Old 09-20-2013, 02:32 AM
powderzone
Instructor

Love the colour. And I'm partial to the 4S of course. Very nice!
Old 09-20-2013, 02:40 AM
david
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 64 Likes on 50 Posts

O la la.
Old 09-20-2013, 02:44 AM
Explorer7
Instructor

Originally Posted by powderzone
Love the colour. And I'm partial to the 4S of course. Very nice!
Thank you so much!

It is the perfect medium for me.. I love black but don't have the time to wash it as much as it requires. I am also very picky about dirt, possible small scratches etc..

This was the closest color I could to black and at the same time, a little bit more user friendly. (If that makes any sense)
It really is the perfect color for me.. I am for the first time, getting excited in a happy way, about my new car.

Its great! Now I only hope that the original delivery schedule will be honored and or the delay will not be too great.

Hopefully I find out soon so I can finally start to enjoying on the positive aspects of getting a new custom build car... and not be distracted with negativity and being adverse affected/distracted while working.
Old 09-20-2013, 02:46 AM
Explorer7
Instructor

Originally Posted by david
O la la.
Oui, c'est vraiment magnifique.
Old 09-20-2013, 08:45 AM
seapar
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Explorer7
lol I almost forgot to ad this..

Whohooo.. I am getting a beautiful Agate Grey Porsche!!

After all this mess.. I nearly forgot to celebrate the fact that I am getting the car I paid for!

There was one minor thing I did not get on my car that I forgot to mention Saturday when purchasing the car and emailed him that evening.. the Door model designation in black.. but I am happy to live without that and maybe ad it later.. ( I read they are just vinyl stickers you can buy on ebay vs it being painted (what I thought))

Here a few pictures of the car I built

With Model Designation in black on doors (I thought it gives it an even more sporty look):
I am glad it is all going to work out for you. Enjoy your new car when it arrives. Hang on to it for a long time now.
Old 09-20-2013, 09:39 AM
stumil
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

On my, that's one hell of a great looking car! That is going to be fun on every possible level! The eight week wait is going to be brutal. Try not to second guess yourself on your option selections too many times during the wait - you'll just make yourself crazy. One thing you can be sure of - you didn't leave anything out. BTW, when the car arrives and you see it for the first time, the bad experience with the dealer will be quickly forgotten. Welcome to the club!
Old 09-20-2013, 09:46 AM
david
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 64 Likes on 50 Posts

Oui, c'est vraiment magnifique.
Yes it is...if you are ever lost in the North Bay arnd want to upstage the local P-car population with that beauty, please do raise your hand.

I suspect that the only thing your 911 is missing is you!

Happy waiting...very glad that you stood your ground and Rector did the right thing!!!
Old 09-20-2013, 10:24 AM
BIG smoke
Drifting

Received 146 Likes on 115 Posts

I'm sorry I still have issue with you paying in full for a car that has not arrived. One month, two months, or more. How do they have payment in full? Who has the money? Rector Motor Company? Do you have a receipt? Have they applied the funds to your car's serial number? I don't think the dealer should be sitting on this pile of cash. I think you should get a receipt from Porsche themselves if your car is indeed paid in full. I have seen lots of dealers launder new car money, for used car purchasing, and then reselling them on their used lot. Great use of your 186 large for the 2-3 months wait.
Get a receipt from Porsche corporate, no photoshopped documents from the dealer.
My 2 ₵
Protect yours.
Old 09-20-2013, 10:37 AM
CarreraX
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

Great looking car. Can you get the rear lettering in black as well?
Old 09-20-2013, 11:29 AM
87turbo911
Rennlist Member

Nice! Glad it worked out though, I admit, I'd have balked on paying in full up front myself as well!
Old 09-20-2013, 02:48 PM
Mark Harris
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Herzlichen Glückwunsch. Ich bin froh, dass es alle arbeiten für Sie heraus. Ich glaube, Sie waren zu 100% richtig, dass sie intially nahm eine harte Linie auf dem weißen Auto, so dass sie den Verkauf in einer früheren Periode bekommen konnte. Wenn Sie Ihren Boden stand Sie gewonnen.
Old 09-20-2013, 02:50 PM
Robocop305
Rennlist Member

Received 462 Likes on 271 Posts

Ok, I got it!
Old 09-20-2013, 02:52 PM
kkswow12
Drifting

Received 103 Likes on 77 Posts

sub'd...can't wait to see the pics that will be posted upon arrival of the traum auto...tschuss/cheers
Old 09-20-2013, 03:00 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

I am glad they sorted this all out and you are getting what you should spending 186K!!!

Now to my earlier point, I honestly think you have over-optioned this car. Can you modify the options now, or too late?

Thank you so much!

It is the perfect medium for me.. I love black but don't have the time to wash it as much as it requires. I am also very picky about dirt, possible small scratches etc..

This was the closest color I could to black and at the same time, a little bit more user friendly. (If that makes any sense)
It really is the perfect color for me.. I am for the first time, getting excited in a happy way, about my new car.

Its great! Now I only hope that the original delivery schedule will be honored and or the delay will not be too great.

Hopefully I find out soon so I can finally start to enjoying on the positive aspects of getting a new custom build car... and not be distracted with negativity and being adverse affected/distracted while working.

Quick Reply: Advise on my new car purchase please