Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PASM - Can it be added and other questions...

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 01:46 AM
87turbo911
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PASM - Can it be added and other questions...

I had a few questions for those in the know...

Can PASM be added to a 997 C2 that doesn't already have it?
What would it take to do it (guessed cost)?
And would it be worth it?

Note: The idea here is that most of the miles driven would be on the street; hopefully I'll get two or more DEs per year; and, perhaps, get into autocrossing (currently intimidated by the thought I'll make a fool of myself).

I didn't feel a need for it when I test drove the car and, after (so far) doing a couple hundred miles of street driving only, I still like the handling etc. as it is.

Last edited by 87turbo911; 09-12-2013 at 02:40 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 09-12-2013, 01:59 AM
Hella-Buggin'
Rennlist Member

Received 377 Likes on 203 Posts

Jstaguess but I would think it would be cheaper and better to just get a different car with it.
You cld maybe get some billisteins and have them tuned somewhere in the middle.
Old 09-12-2013, 09:22 PM
JustinCase
Racer

Received 148 Likes on 89 Posts

Make sure you drive another similar car with the PASM in Sport Mode for a while, over all types of roads. I don't track, but I have found on all the types of various roads I travel (at various speeds, hard cornering, etc.), I don't really like to use the PASM on most of them. From my point of view, I wouldn't want to spend much money for this feature if I didn't already have it. I DO use it, but not very often, and I believe I could live without it. If I DID have to have the PASM, then I agree with Hella-Buggin.
Old 09-13-2013, 06:43 PM
sixgun95
Instructor

Originally Posted by JustinCase
Make sure you drive another similar car with the PASM in Sport Mode for a while, over all types of roads. I don't track, but I have found on all the types of various roads I travel (at various speeds, hard cornering, etc.), I don't really like to use the PASM on most of them. From my point of view, I wouldn't want to spend much money for this feature if I didn't already have it. I DO use it, but not very often, and I believe I could live without it. If I DID have to have the PASM, then I agree with Hella-Buggin.

I agree
Old 09-14-2013, 02:03 AM
911_coder
AutoX

Originally Posted by JustinCase
Isn't PASM working all the time as it actively adjust damping all the time? I think, even in normal mode, it provides better comfort in straight and stiffer ride in hard cornering.
But, since I have not driven non-PASM casr, I can't tell how better it is.
Old 09-14-2013, 10:22 AM
rj5620
Advanced

Do I have PASM if I have "Sport" and "Sport Plus" buttons?
I do not have a button with a shock absorber on it. Also I have the Sport Chrono package. Is PASM included
in the Sport Chrono Package?
Old 09-14-2013, 10:39 AM
sjfehr
Drifting

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts

Sport and Sport Plus buttons are part of Sport Chrono. You'd have the shock button if you had PASM. They're separate options.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:10 PM
wc11
Race Car

Received 155 Likes on 100 Posts

The "Sport" button changes a few things, most notably..
- waters down the traction control apparently
- totally changes the throttle response, super fast
- clutch engaging is quickened
- suspension becomes super firm with virtually no perceivable body roll

The "PASM" button (the one with the shock) does the suspension thing.
It can be set independently with or without the Sport button so you can experience the fun of sport without being beat up.

Oh and do not even think about using the cup holders with PASM on unless you want the interior redecorated in coffee.
Attached Images  
Old 09-15-2013, 11:15 PM
RobC4sX51
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

PASM is standard on "S" cars and an option on non S cars. If you track the car, perhaps pasm would be nice (stiffer and lower suspension) but for ANY other regular driving, you probably wouldn't use it. I don't think it can be added anyway or would be very expensive (better off getting an S car as stated above)! Sport Chrono on the other hand can me added minus the "clock" and it is fun to play with. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: PASM - Can it be added and other questions...