Sponsored by:

carrera decal on doors

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 02:52 PM
Speck34
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default carrera decal on doors

HI! thinking of putting old school black CARRERA decals on the doors of my 997!
any thoughts ? like the way it looked back in the day on the 1974 carrera !
anyone have pics ?
Old 08-09-2013, 05:14 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

Mine came with them....not sure why the guy didn't put Carrera "S"
Old 08-09-2013, 05:20 PM
Luxter
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Martini instead?

How 'bout Martini stripes:

http://www.magnagrafik.com/

Much cooler IMHO.

L
Old 08-09-2013, 05:42 PM
iammulva
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Speck - post a pic or at least tell us what color your car is. I think it's subjective. For example, I think PissedPuppy's combo is badass, but that's because:

1. I love that blue
2. I love the blue/black combo
3. His car is "done right" overall IMO

But, this car, same color, cab instead of coupe, and different wheels; I don't think would look as good with the decals....

I have a guards red car with the same black lobsters as PP's car, but I don't have a tail. I'm not sure whether I would love the Carrera decal on my car. I can't picture it. I think it wouldn't look terrible, but I can't say for sure I'd love it. Some things I need to see before I can make a decision.

On the other hand, it's not a huge investment (couple hundred $ if I'm not mistaken). So you can always take it off if you don't like it and not be out too much $.
Old 08-09-2013, 05:59 PM
Selo
Rennlist Member

Received 123 Likes on 62 Posts

The Carrera decals look great. Definitely old school. I had aluminum look decals on my meteor gray 08 Cab. Got compliments frequently, often predicated by "I never would have thought to order that, but......"
Old 08-09-2013, 06:08 PM
Tcc1999
Three Wheelin'

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by iammulva
Speck - post a pic or at least tell us what color your car is. I think it's subjective. For example, I think PissedPuppy's combo is badass, but that's because:

1. I love that blue
2. I love the blue/black combo
3. His car is "done right" overall IMO

But, this car, same color, cab instead of coupe, and different wheels; I don't think would look as good with the decals....

I have a guards red car with the same black lobsters as PP's car, but I don't have a tail. I'm not sure whether I would love the Carrera decal on my car. I can't picture it. I think it wouldn't look terrible, but I can't say for sure I'd love it. Some things I need to see before I can make a decision.

On the other hand, it's not a huge investment (couple hundred $ if I'm not mistaken). So you can always take it off if you don't like it and not be out too much $.
Uh, not that I disagree about the statement on decals but those two cars are not the same color. One is Turquoise Blue (Tom's) for sure and I think the other is Mexico Blue. Side by side, in person, they are not very similar at all. Just sayin' b/c when you drop $5,500 for PTS . . .
Old 08-09-2013, 06:56 PM
iammulva
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tcc1999
Uh, not that I disagree about the statement on decals but those two cars are not the same color. One is Turquoise Blue (Tom's) for sure and I think the other is Mexico Blue. Side by side, in person, they are not very similar at all. Just sayin' b/c when you drop $5,500 for PTS . . .
I gotcha. I wasn't trying to imply that they were identical blues. Only that the decals wouldn't look good on just any 911 and chose a similar looking car to highlight that the reason might be due to other factors (wheel choice, lack of tail, etc).

For the record - I like both blues.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:10 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

Thanks for the kind words Mulva, much appreciated!
Old 08-09-2013, 08:15 PM
n1gels
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have the Carrera S decals on my white 997. I'm not sure I would ever have ordered the car that way, because they're not subtle but I really love the retro style and it differentiates the car. You'l notice that my car has a bit of a black and white theme going on with the black wheels. I even repainted the silver Carrera S decals black.

This is one of those things that you'll either love or hate.

Note that the shark fins are overlaid over the decals.
Attached Images  
Old 08-09-2013, 09:39 PM
MessyMarvin
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by n1gels
I have the Carrera S decals on my white 997. I'm not sure I would ever have ordered the car that way, because they're not subtle but I really love the retro style and it differentiates the car. You'l notice that my car has a bit of a black and white theme going on with the black wheels. I even repainted the silver Carrera S decals black.

This is one of those things that you'll either love or hate.

Note that the shark fins are overlaid over the decals.
My twin, but I do not have the stickers, I think they look pretty good on white. Did you put caps over your Lug-nuts or did you paint them???
Old 08-09-2013, 11:18 PM
n1gels
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes, I have to do a double take when I see your avatar. Perhaps I should take one at the same angle

I've been debating what to do with the bolts. They're actually the default silver colored ones. I've thought about replacing them with the black type, but figured they'd just get chewed up.
Old 08-09-2013, 11:28 PM
MessyMarvin
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Got it, in the picture they look black, must be the shade hiding them. I might try painting mine, I think it would look even better.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:17 AM
TommyV44
Drifting

Received 458 Likes on 265 Posts

I personally don't care for the decals....not my cup of tea!

They don't look awful.......just unnecessary I guess. Less is more on these cars IMO. Such a personal preference!

Tom
Old 08-10-2013, 08:40 AM
Speck34
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys! Love the way it looks ,My car is red/black , anyone know where I can buy a high quolity vinyl decal? Did 997s come out of the factory with decals ?
Old 08-10-2013, 10:36 AM
ELUSIVE
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Some carrera decals on that blue convertible may actually look ok as they might distract from those incredibly hideous wheels.

Quick Reply: carrera decal on doors