Notices
997 Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to Forum - 997TT

 
Old 08-03-2013, 03:10 AM
  #1  
Jerry997TT
User
Thread Starter
 
Jerry997TT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 17
Default New to Forum - 997TT

Just wanted to say hello as a new (again) 911 owner, this time 997 Turbo, Black on Black on Black Cab. Great DD and enjoying every time I get in. I look forward to expanding my knowledge and sharing information within the forum.
Attached Images  
Jerry997TT is offline  
Old 08-03-2013, 04:28 AM
  #2  
Mudcat
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Mudcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Irvine, California
Posts: 81
Default

Awesome ride! Welcome.
Mudcat is offline  
Old 08-03-2013, 04:59 AM
  #3  
Psymon
User
 
Psymon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 361
Default

Hey Jerry,

Congrats on your new ride. I'm new here too. Is these turbo rims on yours? I have these turbo rims on my C2S and a planning to paint them exactly like those you have (black with red stipe). Do you have some close up photos of the rims?

Thx.
Psymon is offline  
Old 08-03-2013, 08:32 AM
  #4  
rotesAuto
User
 
rotesAuto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: North Carolina, '12 cls63 '14 S550V4, 07TT-gone, 07Targa4S-gone
Posts: 1,404
Default

I think black and silver are my favorite colors on these cars

looks great OP!!
rotesAuto is offline  
Old 08-03-2013, 06:57 PM
  #5  
BlownC2
User
 
BlownC2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: boston
Posts: 63
Default

Originally Posted by Jerry997TT View Post
Just wanted to say hello as a new (again) 911 owner, this time 997 Turbo, Black on Black on Black Cab. Great DD and enjoying every time I get in. I look forward to expanding my knowledge and sharing information within the forum.
Welcome! I bought the same car last october, triple black turbo. It is a great daily driver!
BlownC2 is offline  
Old 08-03-2013, 07:20 PM
  #6  
McCrazy
User
 
McCrazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 205
Default

Welcome, and sweet ride.
McCrazy is offline  
Old 08-05-2013, 09:04 AM
  #7  
Principissimo
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Principissimo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Milan. Italy
Posts: 89
Default

Have a great fun!
Principissimo is offline  
Old 08-05-2013, 11:32 AM
  #8  
ECS Tuning
Former Vendor
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Wadsworth, OH
Posts: 5,767
Default

Welcome and congratulations!! Those wheels look great, now let the modifications begin
ECS Tuning is offline  
Old 08-05-2013, 03:43 PM
  #9  
USMC_DS1
Super User
 
USMC_DS1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 3,023
Default

Very nice... congrats.
USMC_DS1 is offline  
Old 08-25-2013, 08:27 PM
  #10  
Jerry997TT
User
Thread Starter
 
Jerry997TT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 17
Default

Thanks everyone! Loving this car every time I get in it. Have a question for all- I have a little whining noise at slower speeds - not sure where it's coming from (steering pump? Fluid looks fine).
Want to start doing some mods but need to make sure that's not going to be an issue. Thoughts?
Jerry997TT is offline  
Old 08-25-2013, 11:31 PM
  #11  
Domer911
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Domer911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Oklahoma City
Posts: 1,445
Default

Originally Posted by ECS Tuning View Post
Welcome and congratulations!! Those wheels look great, now let the modifications begin
You forgot to ask his mileage
Domer911 is offline  
Old 08-26-2013, 02:42 AM
  #12  
Zeus993
Super User
 
Zeus993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 4,536
Default

Hey - congrats on a beautiful TT cab! It is a FANTASTIC daily driver and super fun with the top down.

Re: whining noise, not sure what this it. The Mezger engine in these are nosier and you do hear the whooshing of the turbos. Any more details?

Enjoy you ride and welcome!
Zeus993 is offline  
Old 08-26-2013, 06:24 AM
  #13  
TommyV44
Super User
 
TommyV44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,205
Default

Originally Posted by Jerry997TT View Post
Thanks everyone! Loving this car every time I get in it. Have a question for all- I have a little whining noise at slower speeds - not sure where it's coming from (steering pump? Fluid looks fine).
Want to start doing some mods but need to make sure that's not going to be an issue. Thoughts?
Could it be coming from the passenger seat?? The wife? Did you hear the word diamonds?

That problem is common to all 911s....seldom serious but can get annoying if it persists over years.

Beautiful car....best of luck with her!

Tom
TommyV44 is offline  
Old 08-26-2013, 07:43 AM
  #14  
Jerry997TT
User
Thread Starter
 
Jerry997TT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 17
Default

Originally Posted by TommyV44 View Post

Could it be coming from the passenger seat?? The wife? Did you hear the word diamonds?

That problem is common to all 911s....seldom serious but can get annoying if it persists over years.

Beautiful car....best of luck with her!

Tom
She does necessitate "needs"...(diamonds being one of many..) The car, however, is in need to be driven, which I am more than happy to oblige. Seriously, I'm going to check PS fluid this am now that its cooled down. Enjoying every minute of it.
Jerry997TT is offline  
Old 08-26-2013, 07:46 AM
  #15  
Jerry997TT
User
Thread Starter
 
Jerry997TT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 17
Default

Originally Posted by Domer911 View Post

You forgot to ask his mileage
20,000 miles
Jerry997TT is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New to Forum - 997TT


Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: