Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just picked up my second Porsche! What do you guys think?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 11:43 AM
ECS Tuning
Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Congratulations it sounds and looks like you found a gem. I've always loved the Spyder Any future modifications your planning on?
Old 07-24-2013, 04:35 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 845 Likes on 574 Posts

Originally Posted by svb
Thanks for all the comments guys.

Yes this was the car at Rusnak. I was there on Saturday for the car clinic, and after one look, forked over the money for it and drove it home with my girlfriend following in the 997. It is completely immaculate for a black car not a single blemish or scratch, and was clear bra'd by the previous owner. Apparently this was one of 7 barely used vehicles he owned including an Aston and a Ferrari etc.

It was also incredibly difficult to find one with the sport buckets. Of the 7 or so CPO Spyders available right now in the country, this was the only one equipped as such.

Sorry guys the Porsche script stays! I also am not a fan of any scripts, but on certain special Porsches, if it comes this way from the factory, its the way it is meant to be.

'72 Carrera RS comes to mind.
Yes - I was at that car clinic too and saw the Spyder. It was perfect. Oh well snooze you lose - right? I am sorta set on white if I go down that path but wanted sport buckets and manual 6MT. So that one fit that bill.

Congrats again.
Old 07-24-2013, 05:18 PM
svb
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rodsky
Yes - I was at that car clinic too and saw the Spyder. It was perfect. Oh well snooze you lose - right? I am sorta set on white if I go down that path but wanted sport buckets and manual 6MT. So that one fit that bill.

Congrats again.
White was my first choice too, but when I saw it in black and how clean this one was I couldn't resist. Yup me too sport buckets and 6MT were essential. Rusnak is awesome it is my second P car from them.
Old 07-24-2013, 06:13 PM
Mspeedster
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by svb
Thanks for all the comments guys.

Sorry guys the Porsche script stays! I also am not a fan of any scripts, but on certain special Porsches, if it comes this way from the factory, its the way it is meant to be.

'72 Carrera RS comes to mind.
Agreed.

(But, ahem, that should be '73 Carrera RS.)
Old 07-25-2013, 02:23 AM
westgate997
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by svb

+1
Old 07-25-2013, 12:25 PM
TT-911
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by rodsky
I am sorta set on white if I go down that path but wanted sport buckets and manual 6MT.
This is the perfect car for you, wrong continent though
http://www.autoscout24.eu/Details.as...000&asrc=st|fs

svb, great car !! congrats, a future classic for sure. Enjoy.

Quick Reply: Just picked up my second Porsche! What do you guys think?