Sponsored by:

ROTtec Lighting: Pathetic Company

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 07:44 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by USMC_DS1
+1... This is one of the key reasons why many of my Mods are from FVD. We all know that Porsche mods/parts are expensive but for the premium price I expect it to also include a premium level of service. So far I've had nothing but exceptional service from FVD. Their components are well made... well beyond what I've come to expect from others and even Porsche. I've noticed lately that I've been relying on FVD 1st and foremost for all my projects. If they don't distribute or make it then I'll go to a secondary source. Let me tell you... it's very difficult to gain my trust but like Pavlov... if I'm treated well then I tend to come back for more. As you can see from the list of FVD parts installed or about to be installed onto my car below... I tend to vote with my hard earned cash for those suppliers/manufacturers who deserve my business. I love to mod my cars but only if I feel that there's a safety net on the other end to back me up when I need it. If you haven't done so give FVD a try the next time you have a project, talk to Rhonda, and don't forget to ask for the RL discount.

Installed Component
- Complete exhaust system swap manufactured by M&M and distributed to the US by FVD. Includes 200 cell cats, long race pipes, cans, and tips using 70mm vs. 63.5mm stock pipes. http://www.fvd.us/us/en/Porsche-0/99...ps_4x90mm.html
- FVD ECU tune http://www.fvd.us/us/en/Porsche-0/99..._FastLoad.html
- FVD extended oil pan/baffle and DIY... http://www.fvd.us/us/en/Porsche-0/99...otorsport.html

Recently acquired and to be installed
- FVD Chrono clock face gauge http://www.fvd.us/us/en/Porsche-0/99...uards_Red.html
- FVD Instrumentation face gauges http://www.fvd.us/us/en/Porsche-0/99...__Shifter.html
- Clutch kit http://www.fvd.us/us/en/Porsche-0/99...1__-560Nm.html
Yep FVD is awesome...great customer service. The products they sell are top notch too. I've bought from them before and it's always been a great process. I also had a small issue with and exhaust and with 1 phone call everything was fixed in 1 day. Rhonda and everyone at FVD almost over customer serviced me..LOL they really are outstanding for sure.

Damon at Tire Rack is another great person to buy from. He and Tire Rack have great Service.

I also would not hesitate to do business with Jeff Alton at Turn 3 Motorsports. I did business with Jeff when it was Pacific Western Performance twice on some Forgeline wheels. There were many issues with the wheels and both times Jeff stood behind the products he sells...no issues, no arguments, no questions..nothing but he wanted to help and make things right.

Sharkwerks....totally so awesome to do business with. Great Rep on many forums.

RSS (Road Sport Supply) such a cool company with super great cool products and excellent advise and service. Plus they make almost everything themselves...right here in the USA!
Old 07-16-2013, 07:58 PM
iammulva
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GSIRM3
Rotes, you need to go back to your "traditional" avatars.
I second this emotion.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:47 PM
krysFly
Instructor

Sorry to hear that, interestingly my experience with Rottec has been very positive, including couple of warranty claims (returns)
Also I like the oem look of their rear lights (for 997.1)
Old 07-16-2013, 11:54 PM
malexgcab
Rennlist Member

Yeah Rotes, where are the interesting avatars?

Edgy... I hope there's a good resolution for you.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:13 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 244 Likes on 135 Posts

Today, 6 August 2013, I finally received a working replacement under warranty. (It only took 19 months).

We'll see how it holds up under washing (as fogging was its problem).
Old 08-07-2013, 11:41 AM
JustinCase
Racer

Received 148 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by alexb76
That's the problem with small companies, while months of no response is inexcusable.

I've been quite happy with Dectane lights (rears), they also look very much OEM.
I own a small company that has thrived during the recession in a totally depressed industry specifically because our entire system is built around high quality and rapid response that our competitors cannot match (read "the Toyota Production System"). It's been a great time to capture market share with both hands.

Having previously worked in one excellent Fortune 500 company and one very mediocre Fortune 500 company, I don't think size has anything to do with it. To me, it ultimately revolves around the character of the top person -- you know, "as the helmsman goes, so goes the ship."

I have considered Rottec lights for my 997, but even based on the preliminary experiences posted here on Rennlist, I decided to wait and see.

The longer I waited, the more I liked my "retro" all red tail incandescent lights, and the more I think my all OEM "Classic 997.1" will be valued in future, relatively speaking. Truly, my current tail lights are OEM. After all, who wants a 911T with digital tail lights that try to make it look like a 991 (please pardon this exaggeration)?

I might still do somebody's LED tail lights, but I will always hang onto my originals for this reason. I really appreciate your posting and update -- but I have been on the fence, and I remain on the fence.

Quick Reply: ROTtec Lighting: Pathetic Company