Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

About To Pull Trigger on 2012 Turbo S...Few Questions???

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 01:02 AM
Isaacbecker
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm confused and I don't think i understand how eBay works but wasn't the asking price on turbo #2 70k? Or is that just some opening bidding number?
Old 07-13-2013, 05:47 AM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 862 Likes on 588 Posts

Originally Posted by Isaacbecker
I'm confused and I don't think i understand how eBay works but wasn't the asking price on turbo #2 70k? Or is that just some opening bidding number?
Opening bidding number.. You will see wording that says "reserve not met". Generally there is a reserve price for these high ticket items, especially if the bidding starts way below market.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:02 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,421 Likes on 821 Posts

those yellow gauges and seatbelts looked a bit garish to me on that car.

looked very nice otherwise.
Old 07-13-2013, 12:01 PM
SnP
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Isaacbecker
$138,895
Old 07-13-2013, 07:12 PM
RobC4sX51
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

I may have missed it but what are you driving/trading in? Have you driven the TT or TTs? They are amazing cars but if you are used to a naturally aspirated Carrera you will be surprised on cost of mx, insurance, and the dd drivability of the car! Only so many freeway on ramps you can use it on and then what? The TT doesn't have the familiar sound of the flat six you may be used to either. As for ventilated seats, they help more on a coupe then a cab w top down. Better than no VS! GL
Old 07-13-2013, 11:30 PM
GatorMD97
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RobC4sX51
I may have missed it but what are you driving/trading in? Have you driven the TT or TTs? They are amazing cars but if you are used to a naturally aspirated Carrera you will be surprised on cost of mx, insurance, and the dd drivability of the car! Only so many freeway on ramps you can use it on and then what? The TT doesn't have the familiar sound of the flat six you may be used to either. As for ventilated seats, they help more on a coupe then a cab w top down. Better than no VS! GL
I'm not concerned to much with costs or insurance, I can afford it. One of my partners just got a '13 Turbo and I have driven it a bit, fell in love with the acceleration and usability as a daily driver. I have a couple high horsepower vipers but they are just raw and unforgiving, only suitable for weekend cruising. I live in a rural area with lost of wide open roads with plenty of twistys...perfect for a nimble rocket ship like the turbo s. Currently I am driving an Audi Q7 and my wife has a 2008 M3 hardtop convertible. it's my turn to have a daily driver sports car and she can have the Q7 so I'm trading the M3

Quick Reply: About To Pull Trigger on 2012 Turbo S...Few Questions???