Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997.1 PSE too loud

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2013 | 01:31 AM
mgordon18
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Little Green
At the end of the day people will think I am a douche purely based on what I happen to drive that day, today was my grand wagoneer and people love it, when I drive my 911 clearly I am a mid life crisis suffering, small endowed egomaniac. I personally don't give a flying squirrel turd that you think my car is too loud, seriously and unequivocally do not give a flying fvck. Yep, I can be very immature sometimes, my wife likes to remind me daily. The guy with the loud radio is a douche and apparently, because my car is louder than normal, I am too. I could care less, I will drive on and disappear down the street while you make a comment that I will never hear.
Exactly.
Old 07-31-2013 | 03:04 AM
1analguy
Instructor

Originally Posted by Little Green
...I will drive on and disappear down the street while you make a comment that I will never hear.
You might hear it...if you weren't already nerve deaf from all that racket you're dragging around with you.
Old 07-31-2013 | 06:56 AM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TommyV44
I had no idea!!!

You have both all the answers and your social skills are so awesome......a wonderful combination!

Thanks for the education!

Tom
Thanks Tom... I'm definitely going to have to get one but avoid Mr Gordon.

Btw, it doesn't not do anything performance wise. I believe it reduces weight and there are small hp gains..
Old 07-31-2013 | 07:36 AM
TommyV44
Drifting

Originally Posted by rodsky
Thanks Tom... I'm definitely going to have to get one but avoid Mr Gordon.

Btw, it doesn't not do anything performance wise. I believe it reduces weight and there are small hp gains..
I think you'll love it....changed the whole car for me!! Good Luck!

Tom
Old 09-27-2013 | 12:38 AM
mrpanther
AutoX

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but didn't 1analguy say he doesn't even own a Porsche?
Old 09-27-2013 | 01:22 AM
provoste
Rennlist Member

I'm disgusted that this tread is on a Porsche enthusiast forum.... I wish I had the last 10 minutes of my life back.
Old 09-27-2013 | 09:32 AM
Little Green
Addict
Rennlist Member

yes 1 analguy doesn't own one yet. I am thinking a 918 with no gas engine may be perfect for him.
Just rolling on electric, you know so as not to **** anyone off except the blind guy walking across the street that doesn't hear him and gets run over. That's a joke BTW so don't anyone get all sideways on me.
Old 09-27-2013 | 02:49 PM
BIG smoke
Drifting

The non electronic PSE, ie switchless, is always louder than stock. To each their own I guess. I love mine, nice burble under 3ooo rpm and get very camie and opens up above 5ooo rpm. I would think that you had the little pipe welded in between the two pipes. I'm sure you can either take it out, get a smaller connection pipe, or just trade someone for a stock briefcase muffler(s).
I remember starting my 18 foot DONZI in the boathouse. It has straight exhaust with water cooled mufflers, no silent choice,(or what I call mothers choice). My almost three years old boat was standing on the dock. He had a scowl on his face, shoulder raised up against his ears.
From his mouth, his words exactly.
" I don't like that boat, it's loud, loud like mummy".
I still smile, I still have the boat and the wife and the kid.
The other day I passed a ford mustang GT500 ??? something, going north, convertible. It rumbled by. I thought cool aftermarket exhaust, then he floored it for two blocks. My ears bled and windows shattered and broke windows like a sonic boom of a F51 in a orphanage. Wow what a ***** I thought. But mine is fine. As guess we can all rationalize anything we want.

attached is the cross pipe you most likely have. trade or try one smaller. not my photo

Last edited by BIG smoke; 10-17-2013 at 06:10 PM.
Old 09-27-2013 | 02:52 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Can we close this thread please! OP SOLD his PSE, and I almost bought it, he didn't like the sound while many love it... end of story.
Old 09-27-2013 | 03:15 PM
Chris Stewart
Advanced

I bought it. It arrived quickly and as described. He is a top guy as far as I am concerned.

Quick Reply: 997.1 PSE too loud