Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone invited to the Porsche World Roadshow at Gillette Stadium in Foxboro, MA?????

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 08:56 PM
MessyMarvin
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Anyone invited to the Porsche World Roadshow at Gillette Stadium in Foxboro, MA?????

I got an invite to the Porsche World Roadshow, I just registered, I am going August 2nd. I can not wait!!!!!!!!

Anyone else get an invite? Based on what I read your local dealer may have extra codes to attend, it is invitation only.

Anyone been to one of these, sounds pretty f'ing Cool, I have never tracked so I am sure it will be good for me.
Old 06-25-2013, 10:52 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

Figures that I leave Ma and they finally have a local roadshow
Old 06-26-2013, 01:07 AM
DallasDave
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I just did the one in Dallas at Texas Motor Speedway.

There is technology portion that you will be able to drive a single lap in (4) different vehicles. A Cayenne, Cayenne diesel, Panamera S and a Panamera hybrid. This was interesting, but too short to really to have an impact on me.

Of course the best part was the track laps. They will partner you with another invitee as you alternate positions, ie driver, copilot as you test each car. (4) versions. Caymen, Caymen S, 991, 991 4S running in that order - notice the alignment of cars so the faster vehicles are behind the "slower" cars following a staff car.

Because my friend had to switch days, I was partnered with someone I didn't know. My driving companion was very nice, but frankly scared the hell out of me each time he drove. He had just purchased his first Pcar (Caymen S) and had obviously never attended a driving event. His hands were always at 10 and 2 (actually almost touching each other), not 9 and 3. He was also very jerky with the throttle and brake too, not smooth, to the point I was concerned he was going to spin the car a couple times.

I'm no pro driver so I did not dare dish out advice like I typically get, unsolicited of course, during any golf game I attend - I do suck, but I know I suck. I find myself asking, if your so good, why haven't I seen you on the PGA?

Any way, it was fun, but it is no track event. You do get a taste of driving the car variants albeit for a very short duration - 2 laps in each car in our case.

Have fun.

Dave
Old 06-26-2013, 10:07 AM
Rocco07
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll have to check with Inskip Porsche in Warwick RI. Hopefully, I'll get in.

B.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:31 AM
Smitten
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MessyMarvin
I got an invite to the Porsche World Roadshow, I just registered, I am going August 2nd. I can not wait!!!!!!!!

Anyone else get an invite? Based on what I read your local dealer may have extra codes to attend, it is invitation only.

Anyone been to one of these, sounds pretty f'ing Cool, I have never tracked so I am sure it will be good for me.
You're going to have a fantastic time!

I got to attend the one at Mosport. Porsche put on a great event!!!

We each drove a Cayenne through a forest off-road course, then back to back cars on the track. There were 4 different Panameras, 4 different Cayennes, 991, 991S, 991-4S, 991-4. 981, 981S Caymans and Boxsters. I also tried the last of the 997 Turbo S Cabs, but we were limited to using it for braking/avoidance maneuver.

There was also a brief autocross event in a Boxster S. Everybody got 2 runs.

For many of the people there, it was an event of a lifetime. I'd go every day if I could!
Old 06-26-2013, 11:07 PM
MessyMarvin
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Thank you, I spent some time reading up on it, I can not wait. I invited a friend that just bought a Boxster. I am curious to see how I like the Cayman S compared to the 991.

I will report back after I go, hopefully the weather turns out to be nice.

Quick Reply: Anyone invited to the Porsche World Roadshow at Gillette Stadium in Foxboro, MA?????