Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 997 S leaky rear hose - trying to get picture to attach

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 12:15 PM
Mick The Kraken
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I suck at keeping on up these forums. Pardon me, folks.

So anyhow, I filled the coolant up to the "MAX" line and thoroughly cleaned the blue cap (there was that white material on it), screwed it back on firmly and what do you know? No more leak. Maybe a lack of seal on that end of the system created a leak of some sort elsewhere? Who knows. What I do know is that I haven't seen a drip since and the coolant level remains right between "MIN" and "MAX".
Old 07-02-2013, 01:05 PM
iammulva
Racer

Originally Posted by Mick The Kraken
And speaking of... Does anyone know of a truly honest and reasonable no-BS shop in Houston?

I do know of a couple shops that my friends use, but to be completely honest I was put off by the attitude of some of the a-holes I spoke to, having the few questions I had for whoever picked up the phone, answered with such know-it-all, judgmental ****e that I was tempted to just hang up.

Thanks.
Mick - Sorry I didn't see this post sooner, but I can definitely recommend two shops in Houston.

1. Today's European Cars - He's at Richmond near Hillcroft. This is who I used to take my 5's to when I had work that I couldn't or didn't want to do. The owner is Tony Colca and he's extremely thorough and honest. He will actually diagnose your problem!!!!!! before fixing it!!!!!! I KNOW RIGHT?!?!?! He's not the cheapest and will use parts from the dealer, but your car will be fixed properly. Caveat, he does not have diagnostic software for newer 997+ Porsches. So, he can do mechanical work, but wouldn't be able to hook up to your computer. I am going to take my car to him soon to fix a crossed thread in my exhaust manifold. I've used him for many years and recommended him to several others without complaint. Also check out his Yelp reviews.

2. DriverSource - They are at Memorial near Eldridge. I haven't used them extensively, but my interactions with both of the service leads have been positive. They seem to know what they're doing and do what they say. Also not cheap, but I would use them if I needed work done now since I'm currently working 1/2 mile from them.

3. Eurocar-Werk - 610 near Fournace. Had my PPI done there. Knowledgeable and I think a predominantly Porsche shop. I think a sponsor of the Lone Star Porsche region of PCA too. Limited experience with them but I'd use them if I had a problem near my office (Greenway plaza).
Old 07-11-2013, 04:56 PM
Mick The Kraken
Instructor

Chris,

You rock! Thanks a ton for this information. I'll store it away and hit up #1 when the time comes.

Many thanks,
Mick

Quick Reply: 2006 997 S leaky rear hose - trying to get picture to attach