Sponsored by:

iPod plug

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2013, 11:55 AM
fskof
Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by dasams
I also have the cable which works great but I was not happy with the fit. My solution was to copy my music library to a micro thumb drive like this Amazon.com: SanDisk Cruzer Fit CZ33 32GB USB Flash Drive (SDCZ33-032G-B35): Computers & Accessories. When plugged into the USB port, it is fully functional like an iPod so I have full control of my music and no power needed (unlike an iPod Nano or equivalent).

The other problem with the iP5 connected to the Y cable is that it isn't long enough to use the iP5 for things like reviewing mail, google maps, etc. Connecting an iPhone to the Universal Audio system is a fail IMO.

BTW, I plug my iP5 into the center console outlet when needed for charging. I'm very happy with my solution but YMMV.
WOW that 32gb flash drive is small...
Attached Images  
Old 11-23-2013, 05:02 PM
Hatzenbach
Rennlist Member

Received 477 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob Heath
A couple of questions using an A2DP to a Y cable.

- will the Bluetooth connection allow for me to see playlists, searches via the PCM while connected to an iPhone 4S?

-will the phone, speaker phone blue tooth interface be replaced by the A2DP blue tooth?

Thanks
A2DP is just a Bluetooth protocol, so I am assuming that your question is in regards to the Tune2air WMA1000 A2DP adapter?

Yes, when you use this adapter the PCM 3.0 will "think" that the iPhone 4s is plugged in via cable, so you get the exact same functionality (playlits, searching, song titles etc)

The phone itself will stay connected to the PCM, meaning you can still make phone calls while connected to the Tune2air WMA1000
Old 11-24-2013, 01:52 AM
Rob Heath
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hatzenbach
A2DP is just a Bluetooth protocol, so I am assuming that your question is in regards to the Tune2air WMA1000 A2DP adapter?
Yes and thanks for the answers.

I haven't figured out the Y cable to the iPhone. Have a 4S phone and it really doesn't fit well in the compartment with the universal audio interface and rubber insulation started to break where's the wire connects to the plug. Never been able to get a good connection to the phone, doesn't click in place/need the side buttons to release.

I've now got the wire running out of the compartment and iPhone sitting in that little slot behind the arm rest... so the Bluetooth adapter sounds like a good idea.

Christmas list.
Old 11-25-2013, 05:03 PM
Minok
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

The iPhone4S should use the bluetooth A2DP protocol to communicated music to the Tune2air or similar hardware, where the PCM seens it as a plugged in iPod device, and should retain all functionality (assuming the Tune2air or other hardware implement the features to pass through, etc).

The iPhone4S should still use bluetooth HFP protocol to communicate to the PCM for the phone portion (assuming you have the bluetooth HFP phone option on the PCM )

So the phone is using 2 different protocols to communicate different aspects of the phone's functionality, each going to different hardware, but both ending back in the PCM, and the car should be none-the-wiser and work as expected.

Quick Reply: iPod plug