Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wax job

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 09:52 AM
gabe2006
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use Blackfire wet diamond. It lasts for a long long time and it looks amazing.
Old 06-09-2013, 11:06 AM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 194 Likes on 108 Posts

A couple thoughts...

The first image appears that you have applied wax in the forbidden method of circle patterns. If you enjoy swirled paint, keep doing that.

Secondly, consider Rejex if your paint is in good shape. Though not a wax, it bonds to the clear, makes the car slick as can be, and eases the washes. Great protective ability and deep enough shine even on silver (I have it on my '09). We offer it on our site, and I have not used carnauba in 6 years as a result.

When you apply any of these products, LINEAR strokes only. Never ever go in circular patterns. Follow the direction the wind would go over the vehicle as you drive. That will help minimize swirls in your paint.

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Old 06-09-2013, 11:33 AM
cvtbenhogan
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric - Plug Guy
A couple thoughts...

The first image appears that you have applied wax in the forbidden method of circle patterns. If you enjoy swirled paint, keep doing that.

Secondly, consider Rejex if your paint is in good shape. Though not a wax, it bonds to the clear, makes the car slick as can be, and eases the washes. Great protective ability and deep enough shine even on silver (I have it on my '09). We offer it on our site, and I have not used carnauba in 6 years as a result.

When you apply any of these products, LINEAR strokes only. Never ever go in circular patterns. Follow the direction the wind would go over the vehicle as you drive. That will help minimize swirls in your paint.
Thanks

Yeah, forgot about line strokes. Griots has a good youtube on this.

Guess i've been lucky with no swirls. Super clean surface, light pressure, and carnauba don't seem to produce swirls.

Will avoid circles next time. Just confused at so many wax options.
Old 06-09-2013, 01:17 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

Application in a circular fashion shouldn't create swirls as long as you have taken the time to properly clean the surface and insure it doesn't have ANY contaminants. Using straight lines masks improper prep.

The one thing I see wrong in the picture is application of the wax in the sun and exposing the wax to the sun. That will make removal painfully difficult.

Quick Reply: Wax job