Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCCB: Care/Concerns/Tips &Tricks/Facts?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 06:59 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Question PCCB: Care/Concerns/Tips &Tricks/Facts?

First time PCCB owner, have obviously read 100 threads over the years about people hating and changing to steel and other people loving... some people complaining about wet initial stopping power... and others giving "do's and do not's"

would love some tips and tricks and cares and concerns regarding PCCB and the best way (besides removing them) to take care of... products not to use on them and so forth.

the main thing i have seen is people buying those lug bolt guides to slide the wheels on off to eliminate the wheel from falling down on the rotor... would love any other advice.

plan on getting suspension installed and also cautious about a shop handling them if they are fragile as some say.

-riley
Old 04-04-2013, 07:51 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 254 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock
First time PCCB owner, have obviously read 100 threads over the years about people hating and changing to steel and other people loving... some people complaining about wet initial stopping power... and others giving "do's and do not's"

would love some tips and tricks and cares and concerns regarding PCCB and the best way (besides removing them) to take care of... products not to use on them and so forth.

the main thing i have seen is people buying those lug bolt guides to slide the wheels on off to eliminate the wheel from falling down on the rotor... would love any other advice.

plan on getting suspension installed and also cautious about a shop handling them if they are fragile as some say.

-riley
The rods you speak of should be in the tool kit of the car, if the car came from the factory with PCCBs fitted. The concern is taking the car to a place that doesn't recognize the extra care PCCBs require and leave the rods wrapped up.

Total 911 offers a DVD of its 1st 50 issues. The last 3 of the 1st 50 issues have a real good 3 part article on PCCBs. Many if not all of your questions would be answered reading these articles.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:00 PM
Zero Cool
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rijowysock

-riley
Just had this done and given the PCCBs I thought taking it to the dealer might alleviate my concerns.......well luckily they did not chip the rotors but my caliper did not fair as well. Best part is they did not even mention this....had to find out the next time I washed it. Good luck......love them, just do not want to replace them anytime soon
Old 04-04-2013, 08:34 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 244 Likes on 135 Posts

What Macster suggests was true for the 996 cars--but is lo longer true for the 997.Porsche deleted the wheel hanging bolts from the kit even for PCCB cars. Go buy two aluminum ones for a few bucks and keep them in the car all the time. I recommend that if you take your car to a regular tire and wheel guy that you leave your car at home and simply take the wheels in yourself to avoid a problem. (That's what I do). I simply don't trust any wheel shop to know how to deal with PCCB rotors.

Quick Reply: PCCB: Care/Concerns/Tips &Tricks/Facts?