Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Beware of DELREYCUSTOMS, LED lights order gone bad

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 08:19 PM
gasongasoff
Pro

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

If this were a fly-by-night eBay seller, then it might be reasonable for them to ask you to file a shipping insurance claim and wait for it to be processed. Otherwise, they would have to eat the cost of shipper damage, and assuming they packaged it properly, that's not entirely fair. If they did not properly package it, well then that's a different story.

For a reputable retailer, especially a site sponsor, I would expect them to handle this differently. I think it would be okay to ask you to file the insurance claim so that they can recover their losses. At the same time, I would expect them to ship you a replacement product at THEIR cost, because you were at zero fault. Why should YOU have to pay EXTRA shipping for a replacement when you did nothing wrong? These things happen, it's part of the cost of doing business, and it should be priced in to the cost of the item.

I think it's nice that they offered to ship you a replacement (probably after you complained), but ****-poor that they asked for shipping costs.

I would probably not patronize DelReyCustoms personally.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:20 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Bottom line: I think shipping items between countries is much more risky, particularly with more fragile items like these tail lights. The original boxes are not made of robust cardboard, so need to be put in heavier boxes for shipping. Unless a seller is willing to do this for international shipments, I would pass.
Old 03-16-2013, 01:44 AM
mattyf
Pro

Received 38 Likes on 22 Posts

I agree with all the above posters... this is baloney.

The other issue I have is if you're going to sell cheap shiznit from China with crap packaging and substandard customer service at least sell it for CHEAP. Then I could at least say "well you get what you pay for."
Old 03-16-2013, 07:45 AM
user 72902
Banned

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Andrew Ward
He should deal with the claim and ship you a replacement right away at no charge. You should not have to do or pay anything.
They are off my list for any future purchases and I will post this on Yelp,FB etc
+1

You purchased from Shane and not the Post Office. No reason as the customer to interact with anyone but the vendor.
Old 03-17-2013, 12:13 AM
ELUSIVE
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Still nothing from the vendor? I'm shocked...
Old 03-17-2013, 07:42 AM
Salem997
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ELUSIVE
Still nothing from the vendor? I'm shocked...
Says all I need to know. Those dudes inundated the forum trying to sell their products. After a problem they disappear. Its too bad. I was considering those tail lights. But now know exactly what to expect from them if their product goes bad, not worth it...
Old 03-17-2013, 09:47 AM
my first 911
Rennlist Member

Received 107 Likes on 74 Posts

FWIW, Shane replied on a different thread that he was out of town this weekend and would get back to the guy on Monday. I am highly interested in this lights and I am monitoring this situation closely.
Old 03-17-2013, 02:38 PM
Andrew Ward
Advanced

If I was the vendor and out of town for the weekend and had time to respond to another thread I would have put my time into addressing this situation.
Every hour and post that goes by the damage and loss of business gets worse.
Old 03-17-2013, 03:13 PM
MessyMarvin
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by my first 911
FWIW, Shane replied on a different thread that he was out of town this weekend and would get back to the guy on Monday. I am highly interested in this lights and I am monitoring this situation closely.
With the phones they make these days unless he is out of the country I see no reason you can not work on an issue while "Away for the weekend", actually being his own business to me it would be expected.

Just my 2 cents, I also agree he should have shipped a New one ASAP and given return Shipping for the damaged one. This might be one expensive lesson learned.
Old 03-17-2013, 03:22 PM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

AFAIK, Del Rey Customs is, for on-line promotional and identity purposes, an AKA/DBA for this one store of the Al & Ed's Car Stereo chain, this store being in Marina Del Rey, CA. Shane seemed like a nice, knowledgable guy when we spoke by phone about a radar detector. From my experience with him, the description of the way he has conducted this transaction surprises me.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:49 PM
ELUSIVE
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Any update?
Old 03-19-2013, 03:32 PM
DELREYCUSTOMS
Former Vendor

so now that I finally found this thread here is the situation.

Hi everyone

Remember I'm selling at a group buy price and there is really no profit in it for me. Accidents happen and it un-fortunate when a 3rd party as in the Post Office damages a light. I have shipped over 50 sets and had only 3 problems 2 happen to be international which is a pain to deal with but the customers were happy with the process and got their replacement light in 3 days using our advance exchange option.

I never said I would not replace the light. But there is a process and here is how it works and the options we offer for replacement that where discussed with the customer. I have spoken in detail with the customer and have taken the steps to get him a new light.

On international claims
We offer to open a claim with the post office. The post office will contact you the customer and ask for the packaging, the inner carton and the outer box and all packaging material. You will need to give them the damaged light. That light is now THEIR property. Once I have confirmation you have turned over the evidence to the post office I will ship a replacement light free of charge upon payment of the claim. this can take up to 45 days.

1. if you ship the light back to me there in no insurance and there will be no claim to be filed (as per USPS)
2. you need to drop off the damaged light and all packing material at the post office.
3. if i don't declare value on international shipment there is no insurance claim.

here is a solution which the other have choose to use.

If you need that light now or if one goes bad on the car i offer an advance exchange

I take a 250.00 fully refundable deposit and express out the replacement light. When I receive the defective light shipped back how ever you choose to SEND IT, I don't care IF YOU send it snail mail 19th class, it is refunded when received with in 30 days of the day you receive it. As soon as the bad light lands in my shop i hit the refund button.

As a vendor i need to also protect my self as well that i receive my product back in a proper time and you get the produced replaced in a timely manner. Also this means your not loosing weeks in shipping and have a replacement ASAP.
I'll be honest i make only 50.00 on a set of tail light when it all said and done. And offering a 90 day exchange hurts the bottom line but i stand bye it.
Old 03-19-2013, 03:41 PM
DELREYCUSTOMS
Former Vendor

If you have a claim or need more detail feel free to call me.

714-443-9299 or email me saturndrcmedia@gmail.com

I apologize for my late response but was making sure the customer was taken care of before i posted a reply. send him a DM and ask him. I would love to hear his response on the situation.

Also he froze the pay pal funds so i have not been paid for his lights the money was removed from my account and since he contacted his CC company i probably wont be getting paid for his order at this point. not the way to ask some one for help IMO.

But his claim has been processed as soon as i have confirmation of the light received by the Canada post office his replacement will be shipped for free.

he choose to wait the claim process because it snowing there and wont be using the lights for a while.

I even offered to pay his duty tax as well the 63.00 he was up set about. if you would like i can post all the email even back the 3 prior months when he was thinking about ordering....
Old 03-19-2013, 03:52 PM
ksozay
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DELREYCUSTOMS
If you have a claim or need more detail feel free to call me.

714-443-9299 or email me saturndrcmedia@gmail.com

I apologize for my late response but was making sure the customer was taken care of before i posted a reply. send him a DM and ask him. I would love to hear his response on the situation.

Also he froze the pay pal funds so i have not been paid for his lights the money was removed from my account and since he contacted his CC company i probably wont be getting paid for his order at this point. not the way to ask some one for help IMO.

But his claim has been processed as soon as i have confirmation of the light received by the Canada post office his replacement will be shipped for free.

he choose to wait the claim process because it snowing there and wont be using the lights for a while.

I even offered to pay his duty tax as well the 63.00 he was up set about. if you would like i can post all the email even back the 3 prior months when he was thinking about ordering....

While I can spend my time debating the methods with which you run your business, I find it more valuable for me to offer my appreciation for your taking the time to post a response to this thread. Nothing is more disheartening when a business is so eager to sell a product but "appears" to care less about taking care of the consumer.

By responding, and yes we can all give you a hard time about taking so long, you are taking steps to do the right thing. There are always two sides to a story and in the end, I believe we all want to feel confident in the people we do business with and that they will take care of us should something unexpected happen. You appear to be doing that.

Best of luck Shane and thank you for taking a moment to respond and for not taking the easy way out. To the OP, please let us know how it all turns out. Love to see what the lights look like on your car. And trust me, I can understand how frustrating it can be to look forward to something only to have a shipping defect ruin the anticipation.

KS.
Old 03-19-2013, 03:59 PM
DELREYCUSTOMS
Former Vendor

i forgot to add to be

the customer said he would file the claim. whoever files the claim get paid the insurance.

So when he said he would file the claim and not allow me as a vendor to do my job and he would be getting paid then, my only option at that point is to charge for a replacement.

We are locked in to this forum for a while, I would of responded earlier but until we have all the information we will not react to a forum in a non professional manner.

This is business and not a personal attach on me, my business partner or my company. we want to make sure everyone is taken care of at the end of the day.

That again why we have a brick and mortar store front, a working shop phone and I give out my personal contact info. We have nothing to hide and have a great reputation and web presence.

I hope we covered everything and you all have a great week.

Quick Reply: Beware of DELREYCUSTOMS, LED lights order gone bad