Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Beware of DELREYCUSTOMS, LED lights order gone bad

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 01:37 PM
USMC_DS1
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

OP, thanks for notifying us... I have not purchased anything from Delrey and after your posting I hesitant to do so unless they change their business practices. This should not be your issue to deal with! Life is too short for us to waste our time/money on recovering our own funds for damaged goods improperly packed in the 1st place. BTW, if you have paypal pulling funds from a credit card then you can have your CC company pull the funds from paypal and they would in turn deal with Delrey. You may get a different type of reaction from Delrey but if this is the honeymoon just think what the marriage will be like when you need support and/or warranty replacement. Out of practice I avoid giving PP funds in cash... nor leave any credits in there if possible. GL and please keep us posted on the outcome.

Delrey is a site sponsor so to be fair we'd like to hear directly from them especially if they would explain their return policies, damaged goods process, support, warranty and my personal pet peeve... are orders charged before or after shipment. TIA
Old 03-15-2013, 02:34 PM
ksozay
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by USMC_DS1
OP, thanks for notifying us... I have not purchased anything from Delrey and after your posting I hesitant to do so unless they change their business practices. This should not be your issue to deal with! Life is too short for us to waste our time/money on recovering our own funds for damaged goods improperly packed in the 1st place. BTW, if you have paypal pulling funds from a credit card then you can have your CC company pull the funds from paypal and they would in turn deal with Delrey. You may get a different type of reaction from Delrey but if this is the honeymoon just think what the marriage will be like when you need support and/or warranty replacement. Out of practice I avoid giving PP funds in cash... nor leave any credits in there if possible. GL and please keep us posted on the outcome.

Delrey is a site sponsor so to be fair we'd like to hear directly from them especially if they would explain their return policies, damaged goods process, support, warranty and my personal pet peeve... are orders charged before or after shipment. TIA
+1 - I completely agree. Delrey has had no problems posting information regarding their products and provided insightful installation links showing installation assistance and functionality/quality of their parts. I'd like to see their response to a customer with a reasonable concern over a transaction. It's unfortunate that it had to reach a state where a customer felt compelled to warn others about a problematic transaction when it "should" have been peacefully resolved between the two parties privately. Sounded like the customer did his part to make that happen but was unsuccessful.

I'd like to believe that Delrey is a quality shop and here's hoping they do the right thing to further protect that reputation.

Best of luck.

KS
Old 03-15-2013, 02:37 PM
Tcc1999
Three Wheelin'

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Graygoose997
He's still scamming you.
As the shipper, he is the one that has to instigate any claim.
You have no reason ( or standing) to file any claim.
The shipper is the one that contracted and paid for the post office ( or UPS or whatever) and the shipper is the only one they will deal with.
I'd contact my credit card company, as this guy is either dumb, or playing dumb.
Is the OP in Canada (mentioned price and shipping to Canada)? I don't know if Canada is considered international mail like Europe would be, but if it is, it was my experience (in shipping my bike to France ten years ago) that the shipper is the agent that process goes through. That is, claims for lost or damaged goods are handled by the agent (in this case the shipper - and I know this b/c my bike ended up in a bonded warehouse in Metz and it took a day for a friend, who is french, to get La Poste to free it). Generally, with USPS you are your own agent, but if you use DHL, UPS, etc., they become your agents and deal with any problems with foreign delivery.
Old 03-15-2013, 02:47 PM
aviography
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by keninirvine
They obviously weren't packed properly. I bought a used set from a member in Toronto and one was broken exactly like that. There wasn't enough space and padding around that vulnerable pointed end of plastic. In my case, he was really classy and immediately sent me the money for getting a new replacement from Rotec, which I did. Good luck in getting a successful resolution.
Good Canadian, eh!

OP, was the package damaged? If the package is damaged then USPS is on the hook for mishandling, if it's not then the vendor is for not adequately packing the item.

I had a very poor personal experiences with a Canadian Rennlist member when he shipped me a cabriolet wind deflector with two breakages on the frame, he did not accept responsibility and told me to claim with UPS "because UPS packaged it" for him and it must have broken in transit.

The problem is that the packing was fine and there was no damage to the shipping box, even more so his own FS thread on Rennlist had a couple of pictures he took before he shipped it, which on close examination already showed misalignment where the breakages were.

I told them I'm not going to fraudulantly file a claim against UPS when the part was clearly broken in his own FS pictures before he shipped it.

Even then he used all kinds of rude languages and large red capital fonts during email exchanges and refused to refund me the money when I ws polite all the way through, fortunately I had been forced to pay hime through PayPal since he could not retrieve the electronic fund transfer I had initially sent him, I did so at my own transaction expense to save him PayPal fees, but that turned out to be a blessing in disguise because when the transaction went sour, I was able to tell him I plan to pursue PayPal dispute process against him, I was then able to get most of my money back at that point, even though he actually threatened he will also launch PayPal dispute against me, for what I will never know?!

This is the part I like about using PayPal and Credit Card for payment, because it allows me a recourse if and when a transaction goes bad, fortunately this was the ONLY bad on-line purchase experience I have had, and I was very disappointed it was a fellow Rennlist member and a fellow Canadian no less.

OP, good luck in getting this resolved, in the mean time I'm just going to stick with my OEM incandescent tail lights......

Last edited by aviography; 03-15-2013 at 05:12 PM.
Old 03-15-2013, 04:25 PM
Salem997
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DELREYCUSTOMS should just send you a new one with a return slip. PERIOD... Anything short of that is really lame customer service. Hope they respond to this, feel the hate rising!
Old 03-15-2013, 05:05 PM
Graygoose997
.org
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by USMC_DS1
I've never heard of a mail order type company that charges you after shipping.
That's a good way to go out of business, unless you have a long term relationship with a specific customer.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:44 PM
slicky rick
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 56 Posts

The way delrey posted his ads here in our site kinda smelled fishy to me here was a hard sell group. He would post 5 or more posts at a day. This is not your usual sponsor. Maybe our moderators can take a look at this guy. For instance a good sponsor should have responded to this post by now! But none. I feel for the op. and i hope we can teach vendors like this a lesson.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:57 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by aviography
Good Canadian, eh!

OP, was the package damaged? If the package is damaged then USPS is on the hook for mishandling, if it's not then the vendor is for not adequately packing the item.

I had a very poor personal experiences with a Canadian Rennlist member when he shipped me a cabriolet wind deflector with two breakages on the frame, he did not accept responsibility and told me to claim with UPS "because UPS packaged it" for him and it must have broken in transit.

The problem is that the packing was fine and there was no damage to the shipping box, even more so his own FS thread on Rennlist had a couple of pictures he took before he shipped it, which on close examination already showed misalignment where the breakages were.

I told them I'm not going to fraudulantly file a claim against UPS when the part was clearly broken in his own FS pictures before he shipped it.

Even then he used all kinds of rude languages and large red capital fonts during email exchanges and refused to refund me the money when I ws polite all the way through, fortunately I had been forced to pay hime through PayPal since he could not retrieve the electronic fund transfer I had initially sent him, I did so at my own transaction expense to save him PayPal fees, but that turned out to be a blessing in disguise because when the transaction went sour, I was able to tell him I plan to pursue PayPal dispute process against him, I was then able to get most of my money back at that point, even though he actually threatened he will also launch PayPal dispute against me, for what I will never know?!

This is the part I like about using PayPal and Credit Card for payment, because it allows me a recourse if and when a transaction goes bad, fortunately this was the ONLY bad on-line purchase experience I have had, and I was very disappointed it was a fellow Rennlist member and a fellow Canadian no less.

OP, good luck in getting this resolved, in the mean time I'm just going to stick with my OEM incandescent tail lights......
When my used tail lights arrived, the packaging looked pretty bad, so I took photos before opening. I do this anytime something looks awry in the packaging. I think my case was a combination of inadequate padding inside the box, as well as possible opening for inspection by customs (it was shipped to me in California from the seller in Canada). So the international shipments may be more prone to problems due to possible customs inspections and inspectors who aren't careful re-closing the boxes.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:12 PM
Graygoose997
.org
Rennlist Member

Now, having taken another look at the damage, it looks like that small tip (assuming it came off in 1 chip) could be easily glued back in place, with the texture of the lens making it invisible. There is a 2 part plastic epoxy that would fuse it , even better than typical superglue.

The box is typical of China. Barely enough to get it to the customer when it's in a container, but insufficient to ship by itself UPS or whatever, without damage. It's not the first problem they had, and unless they over-wrap the box they will keep on breaking them.
Just saying.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:36 PM
stubenhocker
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Andrew Ward
He should deal with the claim and ship you a replacement right away at no charge. You should not have to do or pay anything.
They are off my list for any future purchases and I will post this on Yelp,FB etc
I agree 100%.
I had a problem with TR and they expected me to haul around their tires to a retail shop. Not gonna happen!
Send them back and get a complete refund!
Old 03-15-2013, 06:41 PM
911 Crazy
SPAM addict
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Oh, oh. Gretchen, where are you???
Old 03-15-2013, 06:46 PM
slicky rick
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 56 Posts

Maybe someone should also make 10 posting one after the other warning brothers not to deal with this group? I simply hate it when a group tries to hard sell and when they do make the sale not back it up.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:59 PM
aviography
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by keninirvine
When my used tail lights arrived, the packaging looked pretty bad, so I took photos before opening. I do this anytime something looks awry in the packaging. I think my case was a combination of inadequate padding inside the box, as well as possible opening for inspection by customs (it was shipped to me in California from the seller in Canada). So the international shipments may be more prone to problems due to possible customs inspections and inspectors who aren't careful re-closing the boxes.
Oh don't even get me started! At least your seller was acting in a responsible manner.

Our company had bought a high-end Sanyo projector a few years ago from a visual system venodr in the US, so when the projector failed within the warrantee time frame, we were instructed by the US supplire to bring it to a local Toronto Sanyo distributor, who could not repair it, so they packed it up in the orginal shipping packaging and heavy duty cardboard containter to ship it to Sanyo headquarter in California for repair.

Imagine our surprise when Sanyo in California notified us the lens was severly damaged beyond economical repair when they removed it from the undamaged shipping container, the damage was clearly from the lens being dropped on hard surface.

Our collective best theory is that the package was opened by US Customs for inspection, the inspector took the lens out and accidentally dropped it, and just quietly stuff the lens back to the container, seal it up and sent it onwards, but there was no way to prove this despite all the evidence pointing to US Customs.

At the end the vendor in the US had to pony up the $3K+ of their own cost to replace the lens since the system was still under the vendors' overall warranty to our company.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:45 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by dbv1
A bunch of people here ordered LED lights from DELREYCUSTOMS (Saturn Killed/Shane Simpson). I ordered a set of taillights on March 4th and they arrived today. Passenger side taillight was damaged in shipping. I e-mailed Shane asking for a replacement. Got an e-mail back saying he won't replace the taillight and that he'll file a shipping claim. So I paid for them, got one damaged and he gets the shipping claim money? He only declared them for $400 (sold for $675 including shipping to Canada) but that should still cover one light fine.

Didn't expect such a response. This all could have been settled nicely. Anyway, I opened a dispute with Paypal and will call the credit card company after work. I'm not going to be stuck with a busted taillight.

Beware when ordering from him.
Sorry to see and hear of these issues - those sharp, pointy edges are very fragile and just waiting for an impact to break. Anyone selling these lights should provide extra protection there. It's too late now but you could have supported your local economy and avoided any international shipment issues by buying from a Canadian distributor - ROTTEC sells these (they look like the same lights) and they are in BC. They've been selling these LED taillights for over a year and seem to get good customer service reports.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:08 PM
dbv1
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 80 Posts

Been to Canada Post and called them, just like Tcc1999 says, it's the seller that has to initiate the claim. I sent Shane a bunch more pictures and he says he'll get the ball rolling with USPS and will let me know Monday about the replacement light.

jhbrennan, didn't know about ROTTEC in BC.

Thanks for all the support!

aviography, looks like the box was dropped and the sharp end of the light punctured the box:

Quick Reply: Beware of DELREYCUSTOMS, LED lights order gone bad