Sponsored by:

Accessorry position

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 02:08 AM
Sexonwheels
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Accessorry position

I recently purcshed my first Porsche, a 2006 C4s cab. The previous owner switched out the factory PCM for a Kenwood touch screen Nav system with back up camera. The issue I seem to be having is if I'm sitting in the car and I want to just listen to the radio I would normally turn the key to the accessory position and that should power the radio only. In my car when you turn the ignition to that position the warning lamps and heating system all turn on as if you have the ignition in the run postion. I had a look at the owners manual but it really doesn't define the different positions on the ignition sitch. Can anyone clarify this for me. The only real thought I had on this was that whoemever installed the stereo wired the power feed of the radio to ignition circuit rather than the accessory position
Old 03-14-2013, 11:31 AM
gabe2006
Advanced

You can turn on the factory PCM after inserting the key by pressing the power button. Position 1 is ignition so all lights turn on. There is no "accessories position". The PCM gives a warning that it only runs for a limited time if the engine is not running.
Attached Images  
Old 03-14-2013, 06:43 PM
Sexonwheels
Advanced

thanks i will check it out a little more carefully. Previous owner switched out the factory PCM for a touch screen Kenwood system. I will play around a little more.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:06 PM
gabe2006
Advanced

Might better than the factory PCM which is kind of bad. The only good thing about it is the integrating with the multifunction display in the dash.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:23 AM
Sexonwheels
Advanced

it sounds better than factory, also has added back up camera and a additional amplifier mounted in the frunk
Old 03-15-2013, 12:27 PM
gabe2006
Advanced

Congrats on the Pcar and enjoy it as much as you can. It's a treat! I keep my PCM turned off most of time just to hear the engine. Music!

Quick Reply: Accessorry position