Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It finally arrived!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 04:11 PM
slicky rick
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 56 Posts

Maybe in between the dealer where it came from and the op someone destroyes the center console and just replaced it with what was avail. Center console of a car without sports chrono.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:30 PM
zirrah
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by slicky rick
Maybe in between the dealer where it came from and the op someone destroyes the center console and just replaced it with what was avail. Center console of a car without sports chrono.
Crazy as that sounds, it seems like the only viable option.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:07 PM
2005997carrera2
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slicky rick
I would be concerned as to what caused a center console to get destroyed, I would return the car.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:18 PM
Jackson22
Instructor

Any update on this? I'm stumped as well...I feel like the "wart" was added to a car's dash that doesn't have sport chrono to give it that impression as the prior poster stated and the dealer's website had pics of another car's console to also give that impression. That seems an easier explanation to me than replacing the actual center console and accompanying controls, although I could be way off here.

Regardless, I'd give the dealer about 24 hours to tell me what actually happened and I would return the car too or let him know you'll be filing a fraud and breach of warranty claim. This isn't what you purchased. Sport chrono is a HUGE option that you need with PDK.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:38 PM
shammerman
Rennlist Member

Received 659 Likes on 349 Posts

Originally Posted by Jackson22
Any update on this? I'm stumped as well...I feel like the "wart" was added to a car's dash that doesn't have sport chrono to give it that impression as the prior poster stated and the dealer's website had pics of another car's console to also give that impression. That seems an easier explanation to me than replacing the actual center console and accompanying controls, although I could be way off here.

Regardless, I'd give the dealer about 24 hours to tell me what actually happened and I would return the car too or let him know you'll be filing a fraud and breach of warranty claim. This isn't what you purchased. Sport chrono is a HUGE option that you need with PDK.
It still is a mystery how the strip of the buttons has been swapped. Anyway, here is the options list as confirmed by Porsche NA Customer Care:

250 7 Speed PDK
267 Auto Dimming Interior
342 Heated Seats
421 19 inch Turbo II wheels
425 Rear Wiper
446 Wheel Caps colored crest
603 Dynamic Cornering Lights
640 Sport Chrono Plus Package
672 Navigation for PCM 3.0
680 Bose High End sound
686 XM Radio
P15 Power Comfort seat for driver (12 way)
P35 Comfort package
P36 Infotainment Package
XLT Sport Tail Pipes
XXG Rear lights Clear Glass

The seller (Intersport) has been in constant communications with me and they feel that this must have happened at Arlington Porsche while the PPI was being done there. Intersport has ordered the part, and once I plug it in I hope I can put this story to bed.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:54 PM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Did the dealer do some work related to these functions? If not, you will now be in the middle of a pissing contest between the dealer and Intersport. There is no way that a Porsche dealer would do this (at least I hope not.) As I stated earlier, your tolerance of this situation is remarkable. if it were me, that car would be on its way back to Intersport, and my money back in my bank account.
Old 03-07-2013, 02:41 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,037 Likes on 734 Posts

Originally Posted by shammerman
It still is a mystery how the strip of the buttons has been swapped. Anyway, here is the options list as confirmed by Porsche NA Customer Care:

250 7 Speed PDK
342 Heated Seats
425 Rear Wiper
680 Bose High End sound
686 XM Radio
P35 Comfort package
P36 Infotainment Package
XLT Sport Tail Pipes

The seller (Intersport) has been in constant communications with me and they feel that this must have happened at Arlington Porsche while the PPI was being done there. Intersport has ordered the part, and once I plug it in I hope I can put this story to bed.
I suppose that's possible but it does seem like a stretch to suggest that a Porsche dealership tech would do something like that. Part of the car's systems have been disabled and it can't be a mistake, at least not by a Porsche tech. There's leftover connectors behind your current panel that someone just left there when the new panel was installed.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:58 AM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 87 Posts

250 7 Speed PDK
342 Heated Seats
425 Rear Wiper
680 Bose High End sound
686 XM Radio
P35 Comfort package
P36 Infotainment Package
XLT Sport Tail Pipes

Not sure if you answered my question earlier. Are you able to turn on the lap timer in the "wart"? This gets done by using the left steering wheel stalk control. It will give you an idea what's currently going on wiring wise.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:25 AM
shammerman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SARGEPUG
Not sure if you answered my question earlier. Are you able to turn on the lap timer in the "wart"? This gets done by using the left steering wheel stalk control. It will give you an idea what's currently going on wiring wise.
Yes - I can turn the "wart" on from the stalk.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:23 AM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 87 Posts

I would say that is promising then, in that your car most definitely came with the chrno package. I further reinforces the theory that somebody messed w/ your console, which led to the missing buttons
Old 03-07-2013, 09:59 AM
2005997carrera2
Instructor

Are you not concerned in why/ how this happened? I would question what else they have done to the car .
Old 03-07-2013, 12:10 PM
Mumbles
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

Keep all your paperwork in order. To me the photo taken was not of your car. False advertizing.

Obviously let them know how mad and upset you are about this situation, and see what they are willing to do about it before you respond.

Glad they got the color right tho !
Old 03-07-2013, 08:51 PM
shammerman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mumbles
Keep all your paperwork in order. To me the photo taken was not of your car. False advertizing.

Obviously let them know how mad and upset you are about this situation, and see what they are willing to do about it before you respond.

Glad they got the color right tho !
It is the car in the pictures - with 100% certainty as there are other identifying details. There has not been any other anomalies, it runs great and I am confident that once I receive the correct part everything will be correct. If not, then I will take further action. And yes - I am upset that this happened and that no one can figure out when and where. I believe it is more likely that it happened at Arlington Porsche when it was there for the PPI than anything else. Why - I have no idea.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:30 AM
Mumbles
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

You do know that the Sport/Sports Plus option can be added to the car by dealer if not originally installed
Old 03-12-2013, 12:23 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,037 Likes on 734 Posts

It is the car in the pictures - with 100% certainty as there are other identifying details. There has not been any other anomalies, it runs great and I am confident that once I receive the correct part everything will be correct. If not, then I will take further action. And yes - I am upset that this happened and that no one can figure out when and where. I believe it is more likely that it happened at Arlington Porsche when it was there for the PPI than anything else. Why - I have no idea.
So what's the latest on this weird story?

Quick Reply: It finally arrived!