Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do i have PSE?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 12:45 AM
porka
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there seems to be a lot of positive ranting and raving about the PSE - Most owners dislike oem setups.. especially when it comes to exhausts..

other than the weight of the unit i like the sound. i was considering AWE headers to open up the motor a bit!

Thoughts?
Old 02-27-2013, 06:57 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by porka
there seems to be a lot of positive ranting and raving about the PSE - Most owners dislike oem setups.. especially when it comes to exhausts..

other than the weight of the unit i like the sound. i was considering AWE headers to open up the motor a bit!

Thoughts?
Get the PSE.

I bought my '10 C2S 18 months ago. I installed the Sharkwerks center muffler bypass (replacenment) pipes the first weekend I had the car. Then I had PSE installed by my local dealer about 6 weeks later. I bought the PSE from Suncoast in Florida and had it shipped to Greenville, SC Porsche dealer for them to install.

I don't have Sport Chrono so I have the PSE switch on the dash. If you do have Sport Chrono, get the PSE switch and have the installer wire PSE to that switch and not the Sport Chrono switch.

Btw, I get a lot of comments about how great my car sounds.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:19 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by AP997S
If your PSE was factory installed then the DME controls the PSE vacuum ports . . . . Not the 'Sport' button. Depending on speed your PSE is enabled/disabled via the DME.

Most post factory PSE integration is done w/ a simple switch to control the PSE vacuum solenoid. Of course (as someone already mentioned) you can simply 'disconnect' the vacuum soleniod and you'll be in the 'loud' state all the time.

I believe the 'Sport' button just changes the throttle map and stiffens the suspension.

Arnie: Actually, for the factory installed PSE on 997.1 cars with Sport Chrono, the Sport button needs to be engaged to put the PSE mufflers in loud mode, and the DME over-rides this under certain conditions such as low speeds. So both the Sport button and DME come into play. That is why you and I have the best setup: simply wire the power supply for the PSE solenoid through a toggle switch that you can install in the console ashtray, and don't make any wire connections to the DME unit. This way you can have loud or quiet setting any time you want without having to engage the Sport setting and without having the DME over-ride the loudness at lower speeds.

Last edited by KeninBlaine; 02-27-2013 at 12:53 PM.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:49 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 491 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by SecretAsianMan
Uhh I don't think so.. please correct me if I'm wrong. I also have one small tip, one big, and sports chrono. No exhaust button on the dashboard. It does sound a little "burblier" with sports mode on, but I thought this was just opening up a baffle in the intake?
no, that is pse - you just activate by sport mode button
Old 04-16-2013, 01:57 PM
jeffnudd
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

EDIT: I Posted my reply in the wrong thread.

Quick Reply: Do i have PSE?