997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newest you can afford, or fastest?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2013 | 08:32 PM
Precision Auto
Former Vendor

Depends on your budget...I went with an 08 GT3 vs a 10 C2S. Even with the difference in refinement, 3.6 vs 3.8 engine, I don't regret the purchase particularly with the performance and exclusivity of the GT3.
Old 02-25-2013 | 12:55 PM
MJBird993
Drifting

Originally Posted by Lurgee
Most here will agree that the extra money for an "S" is worth it.
Not me.

But then, he did write "Most".

But what I like and want and what someone else wants are both totally irrelevant to what you want. Drive them all, then decide, buy the best one of that model that you can.
Old 02-25-2013 | 03:24 PM
Little Green
Addict
Rennlist Member

I had a budget first that was not negotiable with the better half. I looked at all kinds of different cars but I loved the color of my car and it had everything I needed and a few wants. It was low mileage, CPO from my trusted dealer with no issues.
I looked at S cars with a few nicer options but with higher mileage. My car smelled new, it felt like someone had just broken it in for me with only 16k miles. It was a bit more than I should have paid for the car all things being equal but it's color combination I really wanted.
As others have noted you need to go out a drive a couple of cars but be realistic about your budget. I knew a turbo wasn't in the cards for me so I did not drive one as I tend to be compulsive and I know I would not have wanted to settle for anything less. I would have brought home a car that would have been a major problem for my wife.

You know your budget, don't fall in love with the first car you see, nor settle for one because it's there and in your price range.

Good Luck with your search and keep us updated.

Quick Reply: Newest you can afford, or fastest?