Sponsored by:

Best Sealants Klasse vs Rejex vs Alternative

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 08:54 PM
MessyMarvin
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by vrnkc
Mequires NXT works fine for me--easy to apply and wipe off.
I have used this many times, I agree it is easy and has good results, my issue is it does not last at all.
Old 05-03-2015, 08:56 PM
equinoxranch
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Many years of product usage has demonstrated that Klasse "Red" - their All-In-One to be a venerable miracle worker that I use as a final cleaner as it were to affect a base of perfection. I do not know what is in the AIO, but whatever it is, it's simply magic.
I've tried a multitude of final product and in terms of sealants the Klasse SG while good, is a bear many times to easily buff - wipe off so I stopped using it for that reason and that reason only. I will say that I did like it as however hard it is to wipe off it did appropriate a nice warm finish of depth and not make the finish look as if it had been "candy coated" which Zaino and a few other sealants are renowned for, rendering a shiny surface but with absolutely 0.00 depth. Yuck! They destroy the visuals on any car.

Over the past decade plus I have used as a final surface protectant/finish via objective experience stayed with Zymol, specifically their Destiny, to a lesser extent their Glasur. The results are pure nonpareil and I mean nonpareil. The warmth, the depth, the shine (so much as a result of pre-cleaning, polishing) is in a world of its own.
Old 05-04-2015, 12:48 AM
MadScience
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought of Klasse SG as easy to work with until this weekend, when it confused me. I was unable to buff it out using a (new to me) DA polisher and a wax pad. However the old fashioned buffer with a terry bonnet worked fine. While I can still work with it, it's an odd product.

I've been very happy with it over the past winter on our primary driver (which is white) that sees snow and salt and doesn't get washed much. So I just started trying it on the 997.

My 997 is black, and after buffing the Klasse SG, I wasn't happy with the finish. I think this was mostly a function of the black (dark) color. So I put a wax (which was trivial to buff with the DA) on top of it. The dual layer approach wasn't really part of my plan, and won't work on an ongoing basis for me.

So I'm still looking for something better. Bonus points for something that lasts a long time, and/or makes rock chips on a black car less noticeable.
Old 05-04-2015, 01:58 AM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 385 Likes on 268 Posts

Klasse AIO is fine and an easy cleaning sealant to use. However P21S Cleanser and Concours Carnauba Wax are better products - deeper color. Extremely easy to apply with no trim residue issues.

Old 05-04-2015, 11:05 AM
Ni_Mo
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 21 Posts

For the most comprehensive sealant test, this guy has also done a wax test IIRC, read this:
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...ad.php?t=85205
Old 05-04-2015, 11:10 AM
Ni_Mo
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 21 Posts

Found the wax test:

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...ad.php?t=76435

Quick Reply: Best Sealants Klasse vs Rejex vs Alternative