Sponsored by:

Best Sealants Klasse vs Rejex vs Alternative

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 05:34 PM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 721 Likes on 391 Posts
Default Best Sealants Klasse vs Rejex vs Alternative

Hi guys. A buddy of mine recommended I start using Klasse on my '09 Carrera C4S instead of local stuff like Meguiar's, and F1 and the other waxes at the local AutoZone. I have been using Rejex from time to time and love the finish although it requires some work to get it on properly.

Soo I thought I'd go to the experts...what do you think of Klasse? Pros/Cons? Any additional suggestions which you guys/gals have are welcome...what do you use on your cars? Pics are welcome too. Want the best finish but don't want to spend hours/days applying it correctly. Oh yeah I do drive my C4S too so that has to factor in to things too. Thanks in advance for sharing!
Old 02-17-2013, 06:38 PM
Patriot
Rennlist Member

Received 757 Likes on 275 Posts

Zaino
Old 02-17-2013, 06:41 PM
zirrah
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Visit autogeek.net. :-).

Menzerna, Poorboys world, optimum, Wolfgang, pinnacle.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:07 PM
nota_troll
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I like Klasse stuff. Easy to use with great results. Just finished my black 997.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:28 PM
PHX 911
Official Rennlist Snake Slayer
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by YoungTurk
Zaino
Ditto.
The same results you get with Rejex without the cure time.
The color of your car (light/dark) determines the best Zaino product to use.
I use their sealants, detail sprays, and car shampoo.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:05 PM
n1gels
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Definitely try Zaino, the results are fantastic even with one coat (but multiple coats are well worth the effort). It's easy to apply, cures quickly with the ZFX accelerant, is easy to buff off and is super easy to maintain. I only use their products on my cars now.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:18 PM
fskof
Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 108 Posts

I have been using Klasse since the late 90's. Great stuff.
My favorite sealant combo right now is Klasse AIO then top it off with Blackfire Wet Diamond http://www.detailedimage.com/Blackfi...P205/16-oz-S1/

Its easier to use and I get better results then with Klasse SG or Zaino
Old 02-17-2013, 08:19 PM
oh58driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any trouble with Zanio leaving residue or staining rubber/black plastic?
Old 02-17-2013, 10:03 PM
_Nathan
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used Klasse AIO for years but there are better choices now. I really like Blackfire Wet Diamond. It is glossier than Klasse AIO, is extremely slick, and is also about the easiest thing to buff off that I have ever used. For best results with Blackfire Wet Diamond use a prewax polish first. I have been using Sonus prewax polish with great results.

On the other hand, Klasse SG is the most difficult product I have ever used. It can be very hard to polish off and leaves streaks if you put it on too thick.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:41 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
Hi guys. A buddy of mine recommended I start using Klasse on my '09 Carrera C4S instead of local stuff like Meguiar's, and F1 and the other waxes at the local AutoZone. I have been using Rejex from time to time and love the finish although it requires some work to get it on properly.

Soo I thought I'd go to the experts...what do you think of Klasse? Pros/Cons? Any additional suggestions which you guys/gals have are welcome...what do you use on your cars? Pics are welcome too. Want the best finish but don't want to spend hours/days applying it correctly. Oh yeah I do drive my C4S too so that has to factor in to things too. Thanks in advance for sharing!
Are you daily driving the C4S or just on nice days?

Originally Posted by oh58driver
Any trouble with Zanio leaving residue or staining rubber/black plastic?
No issues that I remember when I was using it. That was one of the advantages of Zaino.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:12 PM
riksche
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Zaino for me too - easy to use and great results!
Old 02-17-2013, 11:45 PM
MessyMarvin
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Zaino here also, keep trying other stuff, but always go back.

Easy to use, lasts longer than most, and looks outstanding.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:21 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 721 Likes on 391 Posts

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
Are you daily driving the C4S or just on nice days?

No issues that I remember when I was using it. That was one of the advantages of Zaino.
Not a daily driver right now in storage for the winter. Car is a meteor gray C4S. When the weather is good I drive it a few times a week though. Car also has a full Xpel clear bra on the front hood and fenders too. Does that make a difference in application?

Last edited by mdrobc1213; 06-16-2015 at 01:52 AM.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:42 AM
vexed
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by _Nathan
I used Klasse AIO for years but there are better choices now. I really like Blackfire Wet Diamond. It is glossier than Klasse AIO, is extremely slick, and is also about the easiest thing to buff off that I have ever used. For best results with Blackfire Wet Diamond use a prewax polish first. I have been using Sonus prewax polish with great results.

On the other hand, Klasse SG is the most difficult product I have ever used. It can be very hard to polish off and leaves streaks if you put it on too thick.
Klasse. SG can be tough to use if you use too much or let it cure. I resorted to using a bonnet on my porter cable RO to remove it, highly recommend that method. By contrast. Klasse. AIO is the easiest product to work with. The nice thing is you can put anything you want over either AIO or SG. I do let AIO cure overnight after buffing it out before applying SG or wax.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:26 AM
hakaida702
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zirrah
Visit autogeek.net. :-).

Menzerna, Poorboys world, optimum, Wolfgang, pinnacle.
I'd recommend this as well. Autogeek has most of the best products for your car. Dodo Juice, chemical guys, and a few others are great companies. The only one that they don't carry that I now use exclusively is swissvax waxes. But for most people it's probably overkill. And autogeek has a great message board. A lot of people there are professional detailers. A lot of recommendations you will see from people on that site are usually not the stuff that people here recommend.

But why are you asking about sealants and excluding waxes? Do you need outdoor protection or don't like to apply wax/sealants often? If you really are only driving it a few times a week and is garaged when it's not out on the road then I'd get a really good wax. A good wax will have more gloss and last about 2 months or more depending on what you get.

On a daily driver that is outdoors a lot and uncovered such as a parking lot at work, sealants or extra durable waxes make sense or for those that want to apply a LSP every 3 months or more and not have to do it every other month. For those people that I just described, I would recommend swissvax shield. Swissvax quality and shine, but more durable. I used to think that spending over 100 bucks on a product wasn't going to be that much better until I tried swissvax products. Now I don't mind spending the extra money to get what I consider to be the best waxes made. There are youtube vids and reviews with pics showing how unbelievably great swissvax waxes are. It's not for everyone, but now I can't wax my cars with anything less. I now only use swissvax concourso or glacier and I'm thinking about getting the porsche specific wax zuffenhausen that they make.

Without going too overboard I think you should check out pinnacle souveran, wolfgang fuzion, chemical guys 5050 v2, or one of the many dodo juice waxes. You say you want the best finish and you won't get that from most sealants. Zaino has too many steps and it doesn't sound like you want to do all of that. Most products are apply and wait 20 minutes or less then wipe off. Then add a second coat if you want.

Go to detailing bliss or autogeek and ask this same question. I doubt anyone is going to recommend zaino or klasse.

Last edited by hakaida702; 02-18-2013 at 07:15 AM.

Quick Reply: Best Sealants Klasse vs Rejex vs Alternative