Sponsored by:

Leatherique Rejuvenator

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 01:06 PM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by perfectlap
My experience was the same. I purchased the Leatherique to use on an older car as well as the new Porsche leather. It did a great job on the old uncoated leather, while on the new coated leather I don't think it penetrated the coating at all. The 1Z Leather product seems like its made specifically for coated leather without leaving the residue I find in Lexol. Having red leather really makes it easy to see which products dry cleanly and which aren't as good.
I agree. I see no need or benefit of the Leatherique on the newer, coated leather.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:10 PM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Spokane5150
No oil in the Leatherique.
From AutoGeek's website on their Leatherique page:

"Leatherique Pristine Clean and Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil work with a capillary action."

That description sure makes it sound like Leatherique has oil in it, and the product sure looks like it has oil in it.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:38 PM
stronbl
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by CAVU
Anyone use Leatherique on ventilated seats? I ask because of the perforations in the leather.
Originally Posted by Spokane5150
I think you'll be fine. You wouldn't want to pour it on. Lightly rub it on and let it soak in.
I have ventilated / perforated seats in all my vehicles and have used it successfully, both light (beige) and dark (black) leather. The trick is as suggested, do not use as a liquid from the bottle and pour it on. A foam applicator or in my case a small spray bottle with a foam pad works well. The trick is to get an initial even coat and then work it in to the leather. You may need to make a couple passes to get the proper amount of product onto the surface, but take your time and it will be just fine. Once you have it applied evenly you can then massage it further into the leather as the instructions say.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:01 PM
aviography
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Coincidentally this thread came up today https://rennlist.com/forums/996-forum/740278-treating-leather-dashboards.html, see post #3.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:33 PM
Spokane5150
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The instructions say, "No petroleum or mineral oil fillers." It's made of a complex blend of animal collagens and protiens.

Originally Posted by GSIRM3
From AutoGeek's website on their Leatherique page:

"Leatherique Pristine Clean and Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil work with a capillary action."

That description sure makes it sound like Leatherique has oil in it, and the product sure looks like it has oil in it.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:36 PM
Spokane5150
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Leatherique oil soaks right in. The leather appears to dyed and not coated. My son's VW GTI is obviously coated.

Originally Posted by aviography
Coincidentally this thread came up today https://rennlist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=740278, see post #3.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:04 PM
PHX 911
Official Rennlist Snake Slayer
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by aviography
Coincidentally this thread came up today https://rennlist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=740278, see post #3.
I use 303 on plastic pieces, but never on leather. I guess it makes sense if the coating on leather is indeed some sort of polymer.

I use Leatherique, and it does make the leather more supple, so it gets through the coating some how.

More importantly, check out Gator996's avatar! That rivals Aeromans, for those of you that can access OT, and have seen his avatars. Well done Gator!
Old 02-11-2013, 11:10 PM
Mumbles
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

I apply leatheriqueabout three times a year, apply in the afternoon and leave overnight till next day, apply conditioner then she's good to go. Great stuff !
Old 02-21-2013, 01:29 PM
Iceter
Drifting

Received 412 Likes on 243 Posts

I would imagine that Leatherique would work even better on perforated leather just because of the multiple access points the product has to the end-grain. Each perforation is an access point.

BUT, as others have said, apply it sparingly. I would not want to apply enough to soak the underlying material and then have oily dots on my suit pants every day.

This thread has made me wonder--has anyone used Leatherique on their 997 tufted/full leather interiors? This material is obviously not coated or at least not coated alot. It seems pretty susceptible to polishing from use (I have developed shiny spots on the top of the door panel and on the driver's seat just after 8k miles) which I'd like to keep to a minimum. I used the Leatherique on my 2003 Lexus GX interior with absolutely fantastic results but I have been hesitant to try it on my Porsche leather for fear of making the whole interior more shiny and less matte.

Anybody have any personal experience with that specific interior leather?
Old 04-03-2013, 10:29 PM
aviography
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

This is an interesting read http://303products.com/index.php/pro...motive-leather
Old 04-03-2013, 11:37 PM
_Nathan
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GSIRM3
I think you are correct about the finish put on most car interior leathers. The Porsche Natural Leather colors might be different, but the regular leathers do have a finish, almost like paint, on it. I still use some Zaino leather conditioner on mine a couple times a year because it smells so darn good. For most leathers, I think it might be more important to keep it clean rather than condition it.
Exactly. Unless you have the optional Natural Leather which is drum dyed, the color of your leather is sprayed on with a pigment similar to paint that completely seals the leather. Applying leather conditioner to pigment coated leather does nothing. Even with dyed Natural Leather the best way to maintain it is to just keep it clean. The only thing I use on the Natural Leather in my car is Lexol leather cleaner and it still looks like new after five years.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:14 AM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,118 Likes on 730 Posts

I have Leatherique Pristine Clean so not the Rejuvenator but will be using it soon on my natural leather interior.

Quick Reply: Leatherique Rejuvenator