Sponsored by:

Leatherique Rejuvenator

Old 02-08-2013, 03:57 PM
Spokane5150
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leatherique Rejuvenator

Guys,

I think a few of you have recommended the Leatherique Rejuvenator for leather upholstery in our cars. I picked some up from AutoGeek recently and used this week. I am utterly amazed at how incredible the car looks now. My leather isn't dry or scorn in any way but the Leatherique took the look and feel to an all new level. I would even recommend it for new cars to soften and protect. Using the Leatherique on the Leather and 303 on the Vinyl makes and unbeatable combination. It's expensive but works unquestionably well.

BTW I also used the stuff on one of my wifes old Coach purses and she was amazed at how nice it turned out. I think I got out of buying a new black Coach. Just say'n guys....easy to justify this purchase if you catch my drift.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:06 PM
A2b
Intermediate

+1 I use the stuff on leather couches as well and it's night and day.

It may be my imagination, but I swear it even makes new crappy leather feel like quality. Used to have a 1st gen Mercedes ML years ago, the one they skimped everything on, after Leatherique you'd think the hides came from England.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:10 PM
zirrah
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Leatherique is peerless imo, in the world of leather care.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:20 PM
perfectlap
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have used Leatherique and 1Z. For quick detailing 1Z is the best product I have used. It leaves a clean matte finish and digs deep to leave leather looking brand new. It also seems to tighten up loose leather.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:07 PM
stronbl
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I completely agree; it is the best. I've used it for many years now as a once a year application. I also use Girot's leather care in between Leatherique applications. Might sound a bit excessive but with a cab and the CA sun, the combo keeps my interior in excellent condition.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:17 PM
Spokane5150
Banned

The stuff even left my hands nice and supple. Q-Tip and a little around the eyes....maybe take 5-10 years off me. LOL
Old 02-08-2013, 07:48 PM
aviography
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

(from an 996 owner)

After spending some time recently reading up about leather types when I needed to get a sofa couch re-covered, I found out most automotive seat leathers are coated with plastic coating to provide wear and UV protection, and "leather" treatment does not actually penetrate through the plastic coating to serve the purpose of supplying the leather with the various compounds to keep the leather soft etc.

That said I'm sure the leather used in some high end cars are of the type that does not have the plastic coating, and these leather surfaces DO very much require the good care to keep the surface maintained.

The question then is can the seats in the 997 take advantage of the expensive Leatherique Rejuvenator to actually serve its' intended purpose?

For the record I have bought the Leatherique cleaner and rejuvenator, and have used them on the leather seat of my DD (an Accord Coupe) and the leather sport seat on my 996, For the 996, the left shoulder bolster of the driver side was very dried out and showed hairline surface cracks when I bought the car in 2011, I used the Leatherique and Lexol products on this area, and the leather did soften up somewhat which I expected it to since the surface cracks would allow the liquid to reach the leather fiber under any surface coating.

As for the rest of the leather seating area on the front seats, I saw no difference before and after the treatment with either Letherique or Lexol products, other than cleaning the surface of some surface grime and to prevent further deterioration of the leather surface. I also understand the rear seats in my car are not even real leather, is that correct?
Old 02-08-2013, 09:54 PM
hakaida702
Racer

Leatherique is one of the better ones. I'm currently using swissvax leather products.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:56 PM
bcgreen
Pro

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

I have a 76 and the seats are hard. I don't think there is anything out there that will soften up the leather, its just too old.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:59 PM
hakaida702
Racer

Originally Posted by bcgreen
I have a 76 and the seats are hard. I don't think there is anything out there that will soften up the leather, its just too old.
http://www.swissvax.us/merchant.mvc?...e=LEATHER-CARE

You could try that and see if it works. Swissvax makes top stuff.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:28 PM
bcgreen
Pro

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by hakaida702
http://www.swissvax.us/merchant.mvc?...e=LEATHER-CARE

You could try that and see if it works. Swissvax makes top stuff.
It would be nice to get a small sample. I hate having a product that does not improve on what i already have sitting on the shelf. Now I will have another container on the shelf.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:52 AM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by aviography
(from an 996 owner)

After spending some time recently reading up about leather types when I needed to get a sofa couch re-covered, I found out most automotive seat leathers are coated with plastic coating to provide wear and UV protection, and "leather" treatment does not actually penetrate through the plastic coating to serve the purpose of supplying the leather with the various compounds to keep the leather soft etc.
I think you are correct about the finish put on most car interior leathers. The Porsche Natural Leather colors might be different, but the regular leathers do have a finish, almost like paint, on it. I still use some Zaino leather conditioner on mine a couple times a year because it smells so darn good. For most leathers, I think it might be more important to keep it clean rather than condition it.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:54 AM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts

I have never used Leatherique, but did read the directions for use on AutoGeek. Is it really that much of a pain in the *** to use?
Old 02-09-2013, 01:46 PM
fskof
Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by GSIRM3
I have never used Leatherique, but did read the directions for use on AutoGeek. Is it really that much of a pain in the *** to use?
It's really not a pain in the *** to use. It does take a little longer then your typical cleaner/conditioner but you will never get the results with anything like what you get with Leatherique. This is the best stuff on the market. Go talk to any restoration shop they will all agree!
Old 02-10-2013, 10:18 AM
aaks38
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Ive used this in older cars where the leather has hardened and feels like cardboard. It definitely does wonders and is pretty awesome stuff. If your car isnt old or hasnt been exposed to the elements, you can get by on Zaino but if your leather has lost its suppleness, its definitely the best out there.

Its a bit tedious applying it as there is a long wait time and you need to do it on a hot day...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Leatherique Rejuvenator