Sponsored by:

Intersport Performance - Mclean, VA

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 09:02 PM
997C2
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckla
CAA-is there a car rental place near them?
There is a Enterprise station just down the road, maybe 200 yards (8251 Greensboro Dr. McLean, VA).
Old 02-08-2013, 09:12 PM
chuckla
Racer

Thanks CAA-think I will give Intersport a try on 50K service.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:39 PM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by shammerman
Doeas anybody have experiences wih this dealer. I have made some initial inquiries about a car and I am quite interested to proceed further. Dealing with them from out of state and will arrange for a PPI etc, but would be interested to hear customer/buyer experiences.

www.intersportautosales.com
They're skilled mechanics and it was a pleasure doing business with them. I'll see them again soon for another oil change. They also did a PCCB brake flush all for very reasonable rates.

Their 911 collection for sale is impeccable. Blue 993 last December was a killer.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:41 PM
Para82
Race Car

And may I remind everyone in the area to stay clear of Porsche of Arlington's service department. Heavy fraud, beware.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:32 AM
shammerman
Rennlist Member

Received 662 Likes on 351 Posts

Originally Posted by Para82
And may I remind everyone in the area to stay clear of Porsche of Arlington's service department. Heavy fraud, beware.
What happened? I am looking at them for a PPI if I end up moving to the next step with the car I am looking at. Tyson's Porsche is closer, but they do not do PPI's.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:15 AM
997C2
Advanced

What happened? I am looking at them for a PPI if I end up moving to the next step with the car I am looking at. Tyson's Porsche is closer, but they do not do PPI's.

There is another independent Porsche service (Autobahn Service) in Fairfax. It was founded by a former Intersport technician. I don't know if they perform PPIs but might be worth a call.

http://www.autobahnserviceinc.com/
Old 02-09-2013, 12:34 PM
Para82
Race Car

They attempted to get about $10,000 out of me by claiming I needed new hydraulic Lifters, clutch, etc...

My independent tech had a look after and said all was good.

15,000 miles later....all is good.

They're scam artists watch out.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:49 PM
rmag
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 19 Posts

Highly recommend. I've been using them for 10+ years. Just bought an '08 c2 from them 3 months ago, which I then had them convert to a race car. Charlie and Omar (owners) are good people.
Old 02-09-2013, 02:56 PM
Para82
Race Car

Originally Posted by rmag
Highly recommend. I've been using them for 10+ years. Just bought an '08 c2 from them 3 months ago, which I then had them convert to a race car. Charlie and Omar (owners) are good people.
I think I saw your 911 up on the lift last December. They mentioned they were working on a big conversion...
Old 02-09-2013, 05:18 PM
CAVU
Rennlist Member

Received 381 Likes on 282 Posts

Intersport is where my journey began when I was looking for my first Porsche. Although I did not purchase from them, I was treated well and allowed several test drives. I did have some basic servicing questions and Omar was great. Intersport is on my short list of places I will take my "new to me" Porsche for servicing.

You are buying a used car so the PPI is a must to include the body and paint inspection.
Old 02-10-2013, 03:34 PM
rmag
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Para82
I think I saw your 911 up on the lift last December. They mentioned they were working on a big conversion...
Yep, that was it! Finished building it the night before we shipped it to Sebring for the club race last weekend. Car did well, with only a few issues to sort out (1st place in H class/2nd overall in enduro).
Old 02-10-2013, 05:19 PM
vladeden
Intermediate

I purchased my car from them (on line). It was a super clean car and well represented.
The only thing that was overlooked (not sure if on purpose) is that since the car had a front license plate holder and I asked Omar specifically if it had more that 2 holes drilled in the front bumper. I was assured that it did NOT. When the car arrived in Michigan and I removed the license place holder- SURPRISE- 4 random holes ( no way to cover with bumperplugs) in the front bumper. Grrrr was I mad.
Omar was willing to give me $180 credit to "fix" the holes as he said that's what they usually pay to have it done ..
I would like to see where you can patch and paint a bumper for $180 ??
I spent $550 fixing it right.

All in all the car is great and I been truly enjoying it for the last 3.5 years and would buy another car from them.
A lesson learned-personally inspect the car before you buy it.
Attached Images  
Old 02-10-2013, 06:21 PM
Para82
Race Car

Originally Posted by rmag
Yep, that was it! Finished building it the night before we shipped it to Sebring for the club race last weekend. Car did well, with only a few issues to sort out (1st place in H class/2nd overall in enduro).
Nice!
Old 02-10-2013, 06:44 PM
shammerman
Rennlist Member

Received 662 Likes on 351 Posts

Originally Posted by vladeden
I purchased my car from them (on line). It was a super clean car and well represented.
The only thing that was overlooked (not sure if on purpose) is that since the car had a front license plate holder and I asked Omar specifically if it had more that 2 holes drilled in the front bumper. I was assured that it did NOT. When the car arrived in Michigan and I removed the license place holder- SURPRISE- 4 random holes ( no way to cover with bumperplugs) in the front bumper. Grrrr was I mad.
Omar was willing to give me $180 credit to "fix" the holes as he said that's what they usually pay to have it done ..
I would like to see where you can patch and paint a bumper for $180 ??
I spent $550 fixing it right.

All in all the car is great and I been truly enjoying it for the last 3.5 years and would buy another car from them.
A lesson learned-personally inspect the car before you buy it.
Thanks for the advice. I am asking someone to do a Rennfax for me in addition to the PPI. Small world BTW - I used to live in Novi in Walden Woods.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:40 PM
rmag
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the advice. I am asking someone to do a Rennfax for me in addition to the PPI. Small world BTW - I used to live in Novi in Walden Woods.
I can swing by tomorrow afternoon and take a look at it (I go by twice a week as it is, checking on my race car).

Quick Reply: Intersport Performance - Mclean, VA