Joined the club, time to learn the secret handshake

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 12:09 AM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
Nice car! Congrats...Used to have a similar car '05 Artic Silver/black. God I miss that car. Enjoy yours! Welcome to the club!
= hand shake, or is it a shaking hand, either way welcome and congrats to the OP.

Now, mdrobc1213, what is it about your 997.1 that you miss in your 997.2?
Old 03-18-2013, 01:13 AM
Berringer
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

I had guy in a mini van wave at me today on the freeway, only it was with his middle finger. Not sure why??
Enjoy that new beauty, but remember not everyone is as excited that you have one as you are!
Old 03-18-2013, 02:05 AM
SecretAsianMan
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Berringer
I had guy in a mini van wave at me today on the freeway, only it was with his middle finger. Not sure why??
Enjoy that new beauty, but remember not everyone is as excited that you have one as you are!

Old 03-18-2013, 07:51 AM
TommyV44
Drifting

Received 474 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by Berringer
Great Avatar!! I've always thought that one of my greatest accomplishments in life was not having to drive a minivan!

Tom
Old 03-18-2013, 08:09 AM
pcdrj
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm a short middle aged Italian guy. When I wave to other short middle aged Italian guys I just get a stare. But I have gotten some waves since picking up the 911. My wife has a Mini and those folks have a festival when they see each other.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:45 AM
Crossfire190
Advanced

Talking

Originally Posted by pcdrj
I'm a short middle aged Italian guy. When I wave to other short middle aged Italian guys I just get a stare. But I have gotten some waves since picking up the 911. My wife has a Mini and those folks have a festival when they see each other.
I am more of a lurker than a poster... but this comment had me literally laughing out loud... so i felt compelled to post.

I flash and wave too with mixed results. I am happy to be driving my car and know the other driver is as well. So I wave.
Old 03-19-2013, 03:12 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 825 Likes on 455 Posts

Originally Posted by fbfisher
= hand shake, or is it a shaking hand, either way welcome and congrats to the OP.

Now, mdrobc1213, what is it about your 997.1 that you miss in your 997.2?
Four things...
1) It was a great color combo
2) It was nicely optioned...not too much...not too little
3) It was a manual tranny
4) It was FULLY paid for! Didn't owe a sent on it!

My '09 C42 has 2 out of those 3! Not bad...PDK is good/okay especially in high traffic areas and its 1/2 paid for! One can't have it all can one?
Old 03-19-2013, 11:05 AM
david
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 64 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by pcdrj
I added a 2012 MCS to the stable recently and I seem to get more attention from other Mini pilots than from other Porsches when I'm driving the 911 (EXCEPT from non h20 pumpers!)

Just yesterday a mom and her two kids in a Mini convertible shot me a huge smile...it is good to see other "shallow people" among the privileged folks in my neck-of-the-woods!
Old 03-20-2013, 01:14 PM
Cloudspin
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ksozay
Love that car Cloudspin! Used it to help me make a decision on my car.
ksozay,

I just now saw your post. Thank you. I love it and get a lot of compliments. I like yours very much as well. The black rims look great. How long have you had it?
Old 03-20-2013, 03:10 PM
ksozay
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Cloudspin
ksozay,

I just now saw your post. Thank you. I love it and get a lot of compliments. I like yours very much as well. The black rims look great. How long have you had it?
I've had it a month now but have only had the chance to drive it twice since I've owned it. Combination weather and waiting for the film to cure, has made driving it challenging but hopefully with the changing of the season, more opportunities to drive it.

I'm surprised by the number of compliments I get on it. Far more than the previous 997 I owned, which was gray. People REALLY like the interior.

Take care,

KS
Old 03-20-2013, 05:07 PM
evhudsons
Intermediate

Originally Posted by gota911
Nice! Congrats.

BTW, the "secret handshake" is to put clear side markers on your car. Without those, you will be snubbed here!
haha, that's hilarious! But,,,in all seriousness I did put the clear markers on, and also got the amber led light. during the day it's perfectly clear no amber, and at night a really nice clear amber light that is easy to see and looks classy, like the car. good call on that suggestion, erh uh handshake! My avatar picture is from before I made the change. I have to update that picture. I put a nice wood teak license plate cover after I tossed the ugly dealer tag. Much cooler.

Quick Reply: Joined the club, time to learn the secret handshake