Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 02:02 PM
Numeric Racing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 222 Likes on 136 Posts
Default 2nd to 3rd Gear Shift Improvement

We all know shifting from 2nd to 3rd can be quite frustrating at times. There's nothing much worse than muscling your Porsche to the max and missing a gear. This is a very common problem but I may just have a helping solution.

After speaking with many customers and discussing their views it appears that the Numeric Racing shifter has helped significantly to correct this problem. This in fact makes perfect sense. The structural integrity of the Numeric shifter is extremely strong and versatile were its entire design helps to eliminate the source of this problem.

Even If you prefer to keep your vehicle in stock form, there really is no need to let the “Notchy” loose feeling and the gear missing taunt you any longer. The Numeric Racing shifter is equipt with an OEM throw setting that allows you to keep that stock throw position while providing a more tightened crisp shifting experience. Really no matter the vehicle set up, the driver, the street, or track the Numeric shifter is a great improvement to these nagging occurrences.

Here are a few pics of customer cars w/the factory console.

www.numericracing.com
sales@numericracing.com
Ph: 844-686-7223

Last edited by Numeric Racing; 01-16-2013 at 03:56 PM.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:39 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Numeric Racing
We all know shifting from 2nd to 3rd can be quite frustrating at times. There's nothing much worse than muscling your Porsche to the max and missing a gear. This is a very common problem but I may just have a helping solution.

After speaking with many customers and discussing their views it appears that the Numeric Racing shifter has helped significantly to correct this problem. This in fact makes perfect sense. The structural integrity of the Numeric shifter is extremely strong and versatile were its entire design helps to eliminate the source of this problem.

Even If you prefer to keep your vehicle in stock form, there really is no need to let the “Notchy” loose feeling and the gear missing taunt you any longer. The Numeric Racing shifter is equipt with an OEM throw setting that allows you to keep that stock throw position while providing a more tightened crisp shifting experience. Really no matter the vehicle set up, the driver, the street, or track the Numeric shifter is a great improvement to these nagging occurrences.
Ok, HOW this eliminates the problem? and what's the *source* of this problem that is resolved with your shifter?
Old 01-17-2013, 12:08 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,031 Likes on 732 Posts

Originally Posted by Numeric Racing
We all know shifting from 2nd to 3rd can be quite frustrating at times.
We do? Never even heard of it, much less experienced it. Can you elaborate?
Old 01-17-2013, 08:14 AM
Chris W. - '96 Targa
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sandwedge
+1
Old 01-17-2013, 12:04 PM
P0rsch3F113
Three Wheelin'

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

"We all know shifting from 2nd to 3rd can be quite frustrating at times."

I have the stock shifter and I'd definitely agree with this statement. It's vague and imprecise.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:36 PM
MJBird993
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Wow. I've never missed a shift in a Porsche. Never experienced any issue with 2-3 shifts either. Something must be wrong with me.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:31 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by sandwedge
Exactly! Maybe 1-2, 2-1... and maybe 3 down**** to 2nd (I had those issues on track after transmission got very hot).
Old 01-17-2013, 03:40 PM
Numeric Racing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 222 Likes on 136 Posts

A lot of people have an issue with their shifter. The stock plastic housing uses plastic bushings as with other short shifters. Allowing there to be more clearance and play in the unit. Also by us using bearings eliminates the drag that a lot of people experience with their unit. Numeric also utilizes a rigid billet aluminum frame. I made one of these units for my car because of the frustrations I had with my shifter. I wanted something that was more precise, rigid and utilized bearings. Also have one where I have multiple positions to choose from for your shifter throw. I then decided to go back into business and offer these to the public. Patented the shifter and I am enjoying working with all the Porsche people in this industry. I use to own Vortex Racing that manufactured motorcycle racing products. Anyone that used Vortex Racing products will notice I also used bearings in all the shifting mechanisms for bikes. I got burned out in the motorcycle industry mainly because of all my injuries as I am unable to ride motocross anymore.

What also came to my attention recently is I have a brand new set of GT3 Cup Cables here. I began to pull and push on the one cable and there was a lot of drag and the cable was jerky. Then the other cable was absolutely free of drag and had no resistance it. So what I did was clean and lubricate the cables and then the one cable improved. Still had some drag but I don't think it will be an issue. I am going to post up videos on Numeric Racing's website demonstrating this. Also how I cleaned and lubricated the cables as well. This is another reason why some people may have issues with their shifter. This is also another reason why I am going to be offering Cup Style cables for specific Porsche models.

Not everyone may experience a problem but regardless the Numeric Racing shifter is an improvement over the stock and other short throw shifters. Feel free to contact me with any questions. I'd be more than happy to answer them to the best of my ability.

Dan
Old 01-17-2013, 10:12 PM
JW911
Three Wheelin'

Received 352 Likes on 183 Posts

That thing sure does look sexy. But unfortunately my car has always had a perfect 2-3 shift. Never heard of a problematic 2-3. 1-2 is a different story.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:56 AM
Spokane5150
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great but how much?
Old 01-19-2013, 10:45 AM
JW911
Three Wheelin'

Received 352 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by Spokane5150
Looks great but how much?
I just saw this on ebay. $679.99.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:42 AM
sharmat
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Don't have a 2-3 shift problem. This this shifter work on that too?

Quick Reply: 2nd to 3rd Gear Shift Improvement