Sponsored by:

Today I cried (pic inside)

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 08:33 PM
Dadio
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckla
one month when I was sideswiped by a woman in DC. The result was sheet metal damage to the tune of $6K. Because there were no witnesses and she lied to the policeman about what lane I was in, each of our insurers bore the cost of our repairs-she was driving a 6-year old Lexus SUV beater and sustained a bruise to the right front corner of her never washed vehicle.

I was concerned about diminished value, but I could not get my insurer to acknowledge it and my state (MD) is not an especially good jurisdiction for helping there. I have pictures, obviously the body shop invoices, etc but I knew that my car had just suffered a big $ hit. For me, there was only one sensible way around it-keep the car and enjoy it. And that is what I have done as it marks its 7th year in March. Should I sell now, I don't think any buyer will seriously claim the frame or drive system was damaged or that it is worth a lot less because of the body work. Anyhow, still love the car and have no plans on selling it.

My last advice-forget about it and love the car like you did before the accident.
+1 to that. You bought the car to enjoy not enshrine so the next owner can enjoy it at a substantial discount.

Quick Reply: Today I cried (pic inside)