Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Today I cried (pic inside)

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 06:20 AM
hakaida702
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since everyone is saying its an easy fix, I want to know if the neighbor will admit hitting your car or lying and sticking your insurance company and you with the bill.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:33 AM
rotesAuto
Three Wheelin'

Location: North Carolina, '12 cls63 '14 S550V4, 07TT-gone, 07Targa4S-gone
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think this sux!!!
go for the FULL FIX and stick your idiot neighbor with a nice bill to make them remember
to watch where the F they're going

good luck
Old 01-10-2013, 09:06 AM
rubber_ducky
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 78 Posts

No biggie. Get it fixed and never think about it again.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:49 AM
MessyMarvin
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

The important part is you have pictures and it will not show on carfax more than likely. That being the case I do not think it will lower the value as long as you show the future buyer everything.

Sorry to hear and see this, I am like some of the others, dings in any of my cars bother me for weeks.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:26 AM
SmokinGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 115 Posts

Replace the bumper cover with a new one. These covers weigh about 5 pounds and are cheap. I wouldn't waste the time to repair the damage as it may crack in the future. Make sure the body shop gives you the left over paint for future touch up.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:02 PM
NYC_Z06
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll wager that she was in a huge SUV backing out of her spot and was on the phone w/one of her friends yapping about some inconsequential BS that could've waited until she got to her desk at work. At least, that's how a majority of those accidents happen here in garages in Dallas. Not a gal thing either, could've been a dude in a jacked up pick-up w/one of those ridiculous teeth grill covers, trying to sync that gosh darn bluetooth so he could listen to some downright awesome Toby Keith on the way to work. Maybe.

Originally Posted by 403portside
Well folks,

I really (foolishly) never thought that my pristine C2S cab would never fall victim to someone's stupidity.

After 2.5 yrs of ownership, and 6.5 years of total life of this car, and just a tad over 20K miles, my idiot neighbor in our high rise garage must have used some crazy geometry to hit my car this morning on her way out.

I am sad. I know it's just a car, but when you try so hard to keep it pristine and someone does something like this, it just hurts.

It's only the bumper and I plan to take it like Mathews Carlsen, which is one of the best shops around here and they specialize in Porsches and Audis. I believe it will look factory new when done.

I would like some advice on diminished value. Something I should worry about?

Appreciate everyone listening. *sigh*

-a.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:52 PM
403portside
Rennlist Member

Received 245 Likes on 105 Posts

Ha! It was actually a big white Toyota Camry.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:25 PM
Dadio
Instructor

Should not be any deminished value and as others have said this is an easy fix. Keep the pics so when you decide to sell you can show serious buyers the before pic. That issue wouldn't deter a knowledgable buyer.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:56 PM
chuckla
Racer

Default I had my '06 C4S, 2 years old but new to me, exactly

one month when I was sideswiped by a woman in DC. The result was sheet metal damage to the tune of $6K. Because there were no witnesses and she lied to the policeman about what lane I was in, each of our insurers bore the cost of our repairs-she was driving a 6-year old Lexus SUV beater and sustained a bruise to the right front corner of her never washed vehicle.

I was concerned about diminished value, but I could not get my insurer to acknowledge it and my state (MD) is not an especially good jurisdiction for helping there. I have pictures, obviously the body shop invoices, etc but I knew that my car had just suffered a big $ hit. For me, there was only one sensible way around it-keep the car and enjoy it. And that is what I have done as it marks its 7th year in March. Should I sell now, I don't think any buyer will seriously claim the frame or drive system was damaged or that it is worth a lot less because of the body work. Anyhow, still love the car and have no plans on selling it.

My last advice-forget about it and love the car like you did before the accident.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:09 PM
jbryan
Advanced

Well...when are you going to kick her ***?
Old 01-10-2013, 06:15 PM
TommyV44
Drifting

Received 472 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckla
one month when I was sideswiped by a woman in DC. The result was sheet metal damage to the tune of $6K. Because there were no witnesses and she lied to the policeman about what lane I was in, each of our insurers bore the cost of our repairs-she was driving a 6-year old Lexus SUV beater and sustained a bruise to the right front corner of her never washed vehicle.

I was concerned about diminished value, but I could not get my insurer to acknowledge it and my state (MD) is not an especially good jurisdiction for helping there. I have pictures, obviously the body shop invoices, etc but I knew that my car had just suffered a big $ hit. For me, there was only one sensible way around it-keep the car and enjoy it. And that is what I have done as it marks its 7th year in March. Should I sell now, I don't think any buyer will seriously claim the frame or drive system was damaged or that it is worth a lot less because of the body work. Anyhow, still love the car and have no plans on selling it.

My last advice-forget about it and love the car like you did before the accident.
I agree and couldn't have said it better!

Tom
Old 01-10-2013, 11:25 PM
GEO356
Advanced

Originally Posted by chuckla

I agree, great advice. I had a similar experience 2 weeks after I purchased my new STI. I was sitting at a red light and when it turned green the car behind me lurched forward and smashed into me. Looked in my rear view mirror and there was a young woman talking on her cell phone. We pulled over, she was crying and apologizing and said she was at fault. There were 2 holes punched in my rear bumper from her front license plate frame and we exchanged insurance information. I reported the accident to my and her insurance company. The following week my insurance company contacted me and informed me that her insurance company claimed that I had put my car into reverse and backed into her. What a crock of ***t. I was p****d.

My insurance agreed to pay for repairs to my STI and replaced the bumper with OEM parts. Drove the car for 7 years after it was repaired and never looked back. I am a perfectionist and never saw any evidence of the damage show up. My advice to the OP..... bumpers are easy to replace.

Last edited by GEO356; 01-10-2013 at 11:45 PM. Reason: syntax
Old 01-11-2013, 12:00 AM
buddy911t
Pro

they use heat to reform the plastic bumper cover, will look good as new with paint
Old 01-11-2013, 03:30 AM
boolala
Race Car

I've had both front and rear bumper damage from low speed collisions. No big deal. There should not be any diminished value from this alone.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:01 PM
Maverick1
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would just be counting my lucky stars that you know who did it and who will pay for the repair.
Could have been much worse with a hit and run.

Quick Reply: Today I cried (pic inside)