Sponsored by:

997/2 C4/C4s on-track handling

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 03:58 PM
hakaida702
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pcormier
The car I drove did not have sport chrono. I don't remember if it had a sport button at all. Either way, if it did, I didn't press it.
No sport chrono almost always means that the car doesn't have the sport mode software installed. Drive a pdk that has it in sport and sport mode plus and its a completely different car. Regular mode is fine if one wants a comfortable cushy ride driving to work or going out on the town with the ball and chain that doesn't like the harsh ride and higher rpm shifts of sports mode.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:29 PM
kouzman
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by hakaida702
No sport chrono almost always means that the car doesn't have the sport mode software installed. Drive a pdk that has it in sport and sport mode plus and its a completely different car. Regular mode is fine if one wants a comfortable cushy ride driving to work or going out on the town with the ball and chain that doesn't like the harsh ride and higher rpm shifts of sports mode.
+1 on that. the difference is enormous. Its like driving another car.

Standard and even sport mode is fine for street driving. The sports plus is plain anarchy for street driving! lol!
Old 01-25-2013, 03:29 AM
pcormier
AutoX

Sold the Cayman today. Gotta find a C4 or C4s with a stick to drive now. Thanks again to everyone, I'll let you know what I buy when I do.
Old 04-09-2015, 08:49 PM
MrOban
2nd Gear

Dunno. I just got a C4S 997.2 and tracked it for the first time last month. It was actually my first ever HPDE. Without even knowing what I was doing I got sideways around turn one (its into a skidpad). Id say it was about the most fun ive had with my pants on. I talked to the guy who teched my car about adding some camber (his suggestion) to counter the understeer so lets see. But if the C4S isnt "fun" then I dont know what fun is.

Quick Reply: 997/2 C4/C4s on-track handling