Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Holiday Pics from the Porsche Museum

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 12:28 PM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

USMC did they have the gorgeous blonde **** stars ahem I mean ladies working at the front reception when you visited?
Old 12-30-2012, 12:57 PM
USMC_DS1
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by fskof
USMC_DS1 thanks for posting those pics! How long are you in Germany for?
fskof, we're back in Austin, TX now but had stayed in Zurich for 10 days. From there we could drive to southern German (Stuttgart and Freiburg-great bier) w/i 2 hrs. An hour+ to the local ski slopes... and Liechtenstein just to check that box. A train ride through the mountains to Milan for a day of shopping for the family. The intent was a memorable family vacation with some shopping for wifey, a trip to Porsche for dad, and some skiing for the boys. One of my favorite moments was my older son's Aggie ring dunk with some very fine German Bier - Schneider Weisse. Background: He's 21, a senior at Texas A&M, in the Corps of Cadets, an NROTC cadet(Marine Option of course) and a fitness nut so not much of a beer drunker. This is what happens when you have too much of a good thing called bier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQXZfjKZgZQ

Here's a pic of the soon to be 2nd LT with Armani suit under hand. He's always wanted an Italian suit so we went over the top on this one but look at the grin on that face... priceless. To a certain extent this was our send off family vacation before he goes on active duty this summer. How time flies... hope to join him again for another one of these trips where ever he's stationed next winter... may it be a relatively safe one.

Name:  2012-12-22 19.33.30.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  68.0 KB

Note to Para, the ladies were clad in their winter bunny suits... I may have to make a point of making the next pilgrimage in the Summer!
Old 12-30-2012, 01:53 PM
daberlin
Racer

Received 50 Likes on 12 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by seapar
Daberlin. It will give you a reason to come back in a few years. On the factory floor the tour group dodges quite a few of those programmed carts with parts. Perhaps one of the reasons they try to limit group size and age min. Don't know for sure.
Thanks for the encouragement! To make up for missing the factory tour, we are going to stop at the Nurburgring on the Saturday before heading down to Stuttgart and take an M3 ring taxi around the 'ring. I am also 'considering' renting from Avis a 991 Carrera S, but i"m not sure at this point. I don't mind the cost, but they severely limit the mileage (200Km a day), and since we start our trip in Koln, then work our way down to Munich over a three day period, I just don't want to limit the fun on the autobahn. I'm picking up a big BMW instead. I'll still get my speed fix on
Old 01-01-2013, 12:02 PM
eflight
Rennlist Member

Received 122 Likes on 80 Posts

I found a Flickr site that has some great photos of Porshes at the musem

David Raeside's photostream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/raeside/page11/

Quick Reply: Holiday Pics from the Porsche Museum