Sponsored by:

Newbie looking for a car cover recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 12:31 PM
Langford
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by my first 911
I bought a 2008 911s coupe with 18,000 miles a few days ago. I will try to keep my 2 million questions to a minimum. Is there a good place to buy a cover to be used inside my garage (in Columbus, Ohio). I am trying to protect the car from my 7 and 9 year old boys.

I am also trying to understand the PCM. The guy I bought the car from said I could add navigation to the car if I want (it has the buttons for it). I am more interested in a Bluetooth option. My work truck has Sync (it's a Ford) and I love it.
Coverquest.com have many different option for car covers. you may want to take a look.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:40 PM
MessyMarvin
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. Strange
For what it's worth...and I have a 10 and 7 year old...I don't cover the car. I have had people tell me that covering the car could be more detrimental, and while I am not totally convinced, I can see why. If there is the slightest bit of debris on that cover when you put it on, the car gets scratched. Just some food for thought...
I agree, not to mention covering for any length of time attracts Mice and all sorts of Insects.
Old 11-27-2017, 06:11 PM
R.Robot
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 GTS w/Aerokit cover?

Hi, I'm looking for a car cover for a 997.2 GTS w/Aerokit. Any experience?? Where to purchase as well, thx.

Just a layer of protection is needed, not too necessary for outdoor/weather protection.

Thanks, R.
Old 11-27-2017, 06:17 PM
voiceprint1
Burning Brakes

Received 122 Likes on 81 Posts

I would be interested in hearing from folks who have had a car cover on for many years (outdoors), when I look at my wife's car I noticed that there is a slight paint rub where the cover sits and is at it's tightest point (above rear fenders). I am hesitant to use a cover due to this issue, but it's super dusty and grimey in Los Angeles.

Quick Reply: Newbie looking for a car cover recommendation