Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2012 | 12:16 PM
Bdal451
Intermediate

Default Elite Motors Mundelein

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast996
im up north in Mundelein , send me a PM if u need a walk around
Does anyone have an update with this dealer of late. There is a 997.2 C4S black that looks interesting to me.

Questions
Is the price worth consideration with this dealer?
Sport chrono, sport exhaust, PDK, nav, iPod interface,
Carfax http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory...AB29949S721712

My thought/question is given the discount from comparable Cpo vehicle shouldn't I be able to purchase extended warranty and be kept whole with any issues....or is recommendation to stick with cpo vehicles on a 997.2 c4s

This will be my first P car

Thanks for all inputs
Happy holidays
Old 12-13-2012 | 01:00 PM
3Series
Three Wheelin'

Here's my opinion about Elite Motors and several others that are similar. They bascially work on volume in a niche market (high line cars). They buy any car they can get and try to sell it quickly. They aren't "car guys", they are money guys first. Sometimes the car's they have are fine, sometimes they are loaners that were abused, crashed and repaired. They don't care and don't do a thorough inspection. As long as the car starts and is detailed, it's good to go.

So, the car in questions, could be fine. I didn't look at the carfax but if it was bought at auction, it could have been passed up by other dealers willing to bid higher becuase the interior color is an off color. Usually, the good cars that are picked up by these online indie dealers are the customized off colored cars that dealership customers don't particulary want so dealers are not inclined to take the risk.
Old 12-13-2012 | 05:29 PM
mazadi
Intermediate

I bought a 911 at Luxor Auto in Scottsdale. Similar to Elite Motors, all they sell are used high end cars. After about a week of driving this beautiful cab with only 10k miles on it I noticed that the passenger door wasn't closing properly. I took it to the Porsche dealer who almost immediately told me he thought it had been wrecked but they'd check and see. He called later and said the car had been wrecked and the airbags had been deployed. I don't see how this didn't show up in the PPI but that's a different thread. I called the dealer and after a ton of harassment they agreed to take it back. The carfax had also been clean. When I was buying the car they took me to their body shop and they had a sweet lamborghini down to the metal and working on it. I asked what that was about and the owner said "Oh, one of our clients likes us to work on their cars". But in retrospect, who buys a $250k car and says strip it down to the metal? I'm guessing this is part of their shtick. They buy wrecked high end cars, fix them up and sell them. They usually don't get caught, and when they do the apologetically take the care back so you can't be too pissed to turn them in. That's my experience. I learned a lot. You can't really bank on carfax, you can't count on the fact that someone is a "high end" dealer to mean they're any more reputable and, I guess, you can only kind of rely on the PPI.
Old 12-13-2012 | 11:28 PM
Bdal451
Intermediate

Thanks great feedback

Quick Reply: Elite Motors Mundelein