Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 198 Posts

Nice looking
Old 12-09-2012, 11:13 PM
USMC_DS1
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Zeus, thanks for the insight especially re the seat back. I agree that too much of a good thing can spoil the goodness. I'm also considering leather as an option for the center console but a little bit of red trim here and there could really enhance the interior.

Eric, please look for a PM from me re the painted bits. thx.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:21 AM
rubber_ducky
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeus993
Semper - go for it. It will look stunning. I had no problems for four years with scratching the center consul etc... You have to watch it and not throw your keys etc... In red, I would do the center rear consol and the instrument surround. I personally find the painted backs in red too much RED, almost too loud. But each to their own, right?

My TT has the painted seat backs in Arctic Silver and being a cab with the top down they will scratch IF you use the wind deflector and have the seats back so far that the two surfaces rub.. The oringal owner had done this so I had then repainted and they look great. I just make sure that anyone who rides in my car doesn't put their seat back too far. Also kids in the back seats putting their shoes up will do it as well.

I also have silver seat belts that do get dirty. You'll find that with red ones as well. Just don't eat cheese burgers in your car. I have a water only, no food rule and so far they've stay clean. That being said, they will probably need to be replaced at some point in time.

But these tastefully done interior accoutrements I believe are what make these cars so unique. There are very few manufactures left that allow this kind of personalization. Just don't over do it, right?

I have one other piece, the PCM face to get painted that I'll eventually have Eric at Bumper Plugs do in the spring. For some reason the original owner missed this on the build. And I'll do the instrument surround piece as well to really pop the interior.

What great toys we have...

Joel
Joel, you may want to consider putting some clear bra material on the portion of the seatback where it might rub against something else. Belt and suspenders.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:24 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,268 Likes on 585 Posts

Originally Posted by rubber_ducky
Joel, you may want to consider putting some clear bra material on the portion of the seatback where it might rub against something else. Belt and suspenders.
That's a brilliant idea. That way I don't have to be so bloody nervous about somebody putting the seat back down. I see a lot of scuffed adaptive seat backs out there. Good call. Tx.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:27 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,268 Likes on 585 Posts

Originally Posted by USMC_DS1
Zeus, thanks for the insight especially re the seat back. I agree that too much of a good thing can spoil the goodness. I'm also considering leather as an option for the center console but a little bit of red trim here and there could really enhance the interior.

Eric, please look for a PM from me re the painted bits. thx.

My TT is leather and very nice. The only odd thing is that the flap over the cigarette tray doesn't fit quite right and keeps flapping up. The leather adds some thickness to it so that may be the problem. I may also need to replace the spring.

Dan - do you have to same problem?
Old 12-10-2012, 11:43 AM
P0rsch3F113
Three Wheelin'

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Good info, thanks. I've been thinking about my center console as well. Even though I have the full leather option (natural brown), I'd love to have my center console in my exterior colour (midnight blue metallic) for the contrast. Also thinking about painting my seat backs the exterior colour as well, but am concerned as to how they would fare (given that I do use the windstop and have the seat back almost touching).
Old 12-10-2012, 12:42 PM
TommyV44
Drifting

Received 473 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by P0rsch3F113
Good info, thanks. I've been thinking about my center console as well. Even though I have the full leather option (natural brown), I'd love to have my center console in my exterior colour (midnight blue metallic) for the contrast. Also thinking about painting my seat backs the exterior colour as well, but am concerned as to how they would fare (given that I do use the windstop and have the seat back almost touching).
I was considering doing the same thing with my Turquoise Blue color. I also have full leather Natural Brown which does not include the center console but I was worried about the contrast with the natural brown interior.

Are you worried about the same? I think midnight blue might be too much of a contrast as well but what's your thinking?

Thanks.

Tom
Old 12-10-2012, 03:57 PM
mazadi
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know you can add the colored consoles, but is there any way to add a leather console? Or the area that surrounds the screen? I haven't been able to find anything about adding leather in the forums.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:10 PM
USMC_DS1
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

There are numerous leather add on options from Suncoastparts. These are specific to a 997.1 S so input your own vehicle type/model. https://www.suncoastparts.com/catego...S_Leather.html

There are DIY's posted on the 997 DIY sticky as well for the leather sun visor, Shift Trim, Shifter, and E-Brake Upgrade. https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...ech-index.html
Old 12-10-2012, 04:18 PM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 194 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeus993
My TT is leather and very nice. The only odd thing is that the flap over the cigarette tray doesn't fit quite right and keeps flapping up. The leather adds some thickness to it so that may be the problem. I may also need to replace the spring.

Dan - do you have to same problem?
I have full leather console and no such issue.

Are you sure the ashtray is seated properly?

Open it, pop it out (lid and all) then reinstall and be sure to pop it in with just enough force. Once in place the lid should work normally.

When you have it out, make sure there is nothing wedged in there too.

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Old 12-10-2012, 05:08 PM
P0rsch3F113
Three Wheelin'

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by TommyV44
I was considering doing the same thing with my Turquoise Blue color. I also have full leather Natural Brown which does not include the center console but I was worried about the contrast with the natural brown interior.

Are you worried about the same? I think midnight blue might be too much of a contrast as well but what's your thinking?

Thanks.

Tom
I think the contrast between natural brown leather and midnight blue metallic console would be excellent. I think your exterior colour should contrast very nicely, as well.

Quick Reply: New center console