Sponsored by:

Best insurance provider

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 12:46 PM
Hella-Buggin'
Rennlist Member

Received 376 Likes on 202 Posts
Default Best insurance provider

My wife's car was recently keyed and I just dropped it off at the shop yesterday for repair. We have had geico for years but this is the first time I've actually ever had to deal with them. Everyone was very pleasant but they were constantly applying pressure to go with one of their body shops. I wanted to go to the shop that the dealer recommended and they had excellent reviews on yelp. Legally in CA the insurers can't dictate where I want to go but they sure made it difficult. Their adjuster also came up with a figure that was about half of the estimates that I got claiming he could "take it today and get it fixed for that price." I told him I'm not interested in getting it fixed as cheap as possible.

Well, this ordeal got me thinking about what would happen if my Porsche got in an accident and what hoops I'd have to go through to get it fixed properly.

Anyone have anything positive to say about their carrier?
Old 12-04-2012, 01:19 PM
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Allstate! I got to go to the best shop in South Calif and my vehicle was the most inexpensive in the whole place!
Old 12-04-2012, 01:29 PM
Lvt19672
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

What's the best shop in socal?
Old 12-04-2012, 02:16 PM
RED HORSE
Race Car

Received 129 Likes on 71 Posts

USAA if you qualify.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:34 PM
Dr. No
Race Director

Received 403 Likes on 302 Posts

Originally Posted by Hella-Buggin'
My wife's car was recently keyed and I just dropped it off at the shop yesterday for repair. We have had geico for years but this is the first time I've actually ever had to deal with them. Everyone was very pleasant but they were constantly applying pressure to go with one of their body shops. I wanted to go to the shop that the dealer recommended and they had excellent reviews on yelp. Legally in CA the insurers can't dictate where I want to go but they sure made it difficult. Their adjuster also came up with a figure that was about half of the estimates that I got claiming he could "take it today and get it fixed for that price." I told him I'm not interested in getting it fixed as cheap as possible.

Well, this ordeal got me thinking about what would happen if my Porsche got in an accident and what hoops I'd have to go through to get it fixed properly.

Anyone have anything positive to say about their carrier?
Like Farmers - I can recommend our agent to you if you like.

Also be interested in where you're taking your car and how they are going to address the damage? Repaint the door or fill the scratch?
Old 12-04-2012, 03:51 PM
Viper6
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RED HORSE
USAA if you qualify.
Hands down best customer service... they never let you down... if you qualify!
Old 12-04-2012, 04:08 PM
CORSASCHNELL
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We have Ameriprise through Costco, unbelievable rates and good service. I highly recommend them for Home and car insurance.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:13 PM
Hella-Buggin'
Rennlist Member

Received 376 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by 91469972
Allstate! I got to go to the best shop in South Calif and my vehicle was the most inexpensive in the whole place!
My parents were with allstate forever because my dad had a highly modified car that nobody else would insure. I'll check into them as well.

Originally Posted by Dr. No
Like Farmers - I can recommend our agent to you if you like.

Also be interested in where you're taking your car and how they are going to address the damage? Repaint the door or fill the scratch?
Sure, PM me the agent. I called the dealer and they recommended Automotive Collision Repair in Oakland. The damage was to the rear driver's side door next to the handle. They are going to re-spray about a third of the door and feather it into the rear quarter panel. It's An Audi A3 and the color is a metallic black.

Originally Posted by Viper6
Hands down best customer service... they never let you down... if you qualify!
What does it take to qualify? I looked at the site and it looks like it's for military and family but doesn't specifically say what the requirements are.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:31 PM
jeffrec
Racer

I use/recommend Allstate as well. I have a 2013 SLK 350, a 2009 911 S and a 2005 Toyota 4Runner with full comp, collision and a $500 deductible on each and pay $256 per month for all three vehicles. I am 53, my wife 40, and we have no kids driving these cars so that may help with the rates. As far as claim service my wife's Benz was keyed two weeks after buying it and we had it painted at a MB certfied body shop in the Atlanta area. Because it was classified as vandalism it cost $0 out of pocket for the repairs.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:05 PM
TommyV44
Drifting

Received 474 Likes on 272 Posts

New Jersey Manufacturers in NJ only...they're wonderful!! I had them since I'm 18 and I'm now 106 so I've been with them a long time.

When my car was rear ended they couldn't have been better...they let me take it to whoever I wanted to and the people who fixed it were artists!!

Anyone know any cheap artists????

Tom
Old 12-04-2012, 07:23 PM
hakaida702
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wonder if I qualify for usaa. My father served in WW2, but passed away a long time ago. My mother doesn't use usaa, but I'm sure she would qualify if she wanted.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:35 PM
eflight
Rennlist Member

Received 122 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by hakaida702
I wonder if I qualify for usaa. My father served in WW2, but passed away a long time ago. My mother doesn't use usaa, but I'm sure she would qualify if she wanted.
yes you qualify
Old 12-04-2012, 10:23 PM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,039 Likes on 735 Posts

Originally Posted by hakaida702
Based on that you should qualify. Go for it. USAA is in a class all their own based on my experiences with them and their competition.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:43 AM
drummin4fun
Racer

Wawanesa here... but fortunately I have not yet had to find out how their claims process runs. They did cut my yearly cost in half compared to Mercury, for higher coverage.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:33 AM
USMC_DS1
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

I qualified for usaa but use Allstate instead. I've known my agent personally for 15 yrs... i take him out to lunch every 6 months and have had excellent service over the years. Over $30k on my prior M3 n $6k on my son's tundra. I priced out usaa when my 2 boys started driving. With our umbrella policy usaa ended up costing more than Allstate. Without the umbrella usaa was less.

Quick Reply: Best insurance provider