Help me convert my 997.1 C2S to an X51 equipped C2S

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 08:07 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Gibbo
Nope.

Not required, I am changing just intake manifolds, plenum and throttlebody, people change plenums and throttlebodies all the time with no issues, if I have an issue I can speak to Softronic for a tune.

I can do the install myself, its not complicated!
Intake manifolds 4hr-6hr job, change spark plugs at same time too.
Plenum - 30 minutes
Throttlebody - 30 minutes

A Porsche veteran would do the above in sub 4hrs quite easily.
You 100% need ECU program, ECU will learn within a set of boundaries, it's not magic. X51 has a totally different Torque curve, and needs a new program to adopt to the increased airflow, etc.

If you did the work yourself, then maybe it makes sense, at least the parts are proven... keep us posted on the progress and results. PLEASE do a Before/After Dyno, otherwise, there's no way to know if it made any difference.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:22 PM
82_930
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by joelpirela
I just changed my plenum and throttle body. it took me all but 15 minutes. (both) First time doing it...
Did you notice much power increase? Was it worth it?
Old 11-28-2012, 05:00 AM
Gibbo
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by alexb76
You 100% need ECU program, ECU will learn within a set of boundaries, it's not magic. X51 has a totally different Torque curve, and needs a new program to adopt to the increased airflow, etc.

If you did the work yourself, then maybe it makes sense, at least the parts are proven... keep us posted on the progress and results. PLEASE do a Before/After Dyno, otherwise, there's no way to know if it made any difference.
Hi there

The ECU re-programme is not needed to run though, I could nicely ask Porsche for the programme but my car won't be full X51 as its still missing the revised cylinder heads etc.

The stock ECU tune will adapt a little so all runs well, just might not get the full advantage unless one gets the X51 map or uses softronic.

Originally Posted by jhbrennan
I think folks (me included) thought you were asking about an x51 conversion. After re-reading your post I see you're just adding some x51 parts.
Sorry I did not make it clearer, I've already got PSE, X51 exhaust manifolds, centre radiator and I've modded the stock airbox with BMC filter and removed the resonator.

So now I just want to add the intake manifolds, X51 plenum, X51 throttlebody, thats it just along with all the accessories required which is gaskets, tank vent hose etc.
Old 03-02-2014, 12:12 AM
guitargice
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, I know is an old post, but I find myself in need of replacing the intake distributor pipe (997.110.416.40) on my 2007 C2S. I would rather eat glass than visit my local Porsche dealership ever again (long story). Can this be purchased online somehow?
Old 03-02-2014, 01:18 AM
USMC_DS1
Drifting

Received 54 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by guitargice
Hello, I know is an old post, but I find myself in need of replacing the intake distributor pipe (997.110.416.40) on my 2007 C2S. I would rather eat glass than visit my local Porsche dealership ever again (long story). Can this be purchased online somehow?
I feel the same way and took a different approach towards an x51 setup. I installed a full FVD Brombacher exhaust system(headers, 200 cell cats, cans), GT3 TB, IPD Comp Plenum, EVOM, and FVD ECU remap. Couldn't be happier with the results. All doable DIY projects... no dealer intervention required.
Old 03-02-2014, 12:38 PM
Ken968
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by guitargice
Yes, try suncoast Porsche in Florida, or sunset Porsche in Oregon. Both sell oem parts at big discount and will ship to you.

Ken
Old 03-02-2014, 01:13 PM
RobC4sX51
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 40 Posts

I had an '07 C4s X51 (still my user name). Before that I had an '06 C4s stock. Other than PSE, I really couldn't tell the difference! 26HP sounds significant but in reality it is about 7% more which really isn't all that noticeable. And the factory X51 engine is so much more than some bolt on add ons. If you want an X51 engine, I recommend you buy a car already optioned from the factory. The dealership here in Louisville KY has a Seal Gray on full leather sport seats in black '06 C4s coupe w 42k miles for sale! Don't get me wrong, I like to mod & personalize my cars too, but something's make sense and some things make no cents ! GL

Quick Reply: Help me convert my 997.1 C2S to an X51 equipped C2S