Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much Clear Bra coverage for C4S?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 09:16 AM
autopc
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much Clear Bra coverage for C4S?

Just bought a like new C4S.

I have always used some kind of Clear Bra on my other cars. I have tried 3M, Venture Shield, Avery, Nano Fusion and a couple of other brands. The plan is to use Nano Fusion again.

Different cars have different areas more prone to stone chips. How about the C4S? How much coverage do other C4S owners have? Which areas are a must do? I plan on doing the bumper, part hood + fenders, mirrors, door edges, door cups. How about the lights?

The area just forward of the rear wheel fender is a "must-do" because the rear fenders stick out so much. It already has a thick clear film. This is the same area where older 911 Turbos used to have the black protective film. I assume the film on my car now is the factory protective film? I would like to replace the film since it has a slight yellow tint. The film on it now is very thick compared to Nano Fusion and other films like it. Would the thinner Nano Fusion film be enough protection in that area?

Thanks
Old 11-26-2012, 09:24 AM
Domer911
Rennlist Member

Received 356 Likes on 191 Posts

Mine is all front of car, half hood, rockers, mirrors, headlights, rear fender fronts. My XPel film for the rear fenders is a much larger piece than the factory one, and the factory piece was removed when I had mine installed.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:30 AM
wwilliams88
Drifting

Received 244 Likes on 148 Posts

I've had hits on the car higher than a half hood would protect over the past four years. I would go with full hood and fenders
Old 11-26-2012, 11:21 AM
autopc
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Domer911
Mine is all front of car, half hood, rockers, mirrors, headlights, rear fender fronts. My XPel film for the rear fenders is a much larger piece than the factory one, and the factory piece was removed when I had mine installed.
All of the Clear Bra film seems much thinner then the factory film covering the rear fender. Any issues in that area?

Rockers seem like a good idea also.

Thanks
Old 11-26-2012, 11:41 AM
Domer911
Rennlist Member

Received 356 Likes on 191 Posts

Issues, no. But I did hit a (large) rock on my way home from the getting the stuff installed on my Boxster, and the damage to the film went through the film to the lower part of the front spoiler.

Sht happens. I love the new Xpel film.

Quick Reply: How much Clear Bra coverage for C4S?