Sponsored by:

New Rattle- Need Advice

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 05:23 PM
CORSASCHNELL
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New Rattle- Need Advice

I got a new rattle where windshield meets the driver side A Pillar. If I shove a couple of sheets of tissue paper in there, it goes quiet. So I need to pad this area.

Has anyone had to fix this problem? What did you use and any advise is appreciated?
Old 11-19-2012, 06:37 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

I haven't had your specific problem, but for this kind of thing in general, my wife had a large piece of felt that is now mine, and that I cut pieces off of when needed to wrap things, wedge into places, etc. to prevent rattles. Should be available at any fabric store. Flexible foam sheets used in packaging also work well for this purpose.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:10 PM
Leader
Rennlist Member

Received 531 Likes on 166 Posts

There are a lot of different grades of plastic in the modern Porsche interior. Depending on the ambient temperature, these materials may or may not "play well" with the other materials (glass, metal, etc.) they're touching.
Mike in CA's "felt" is a brilliant and inexpensive self-fix.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:19 PM
Mumbles
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Leader
There are a lot of different grades of plastic in the modern Porsche interior. Depending on the ambient temperature, these materials may or may not "play well" with the other materials (glass, metal, etc.) they're touching.
Mike in CA's "felt" is a brilliant and inexpensive self-fix.
Yea black felt would be a good choice. I'd use a small plastic drywall tool to push into position ( strong and thin )
Old 11-19-2012, 09:23 PM
Dadio
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Self adhesive felt is what the dealer uses to correct that type of issue. I have also used peal and stick Velcro fabric ( not the loop material ). Easy to cut to size and stays where you put it.

Quick Reply: New Rattle- Need Advice