Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2012 | 05:25 PM
Graygoose997
.org
Rennlist Member

You won't like this answer, but just how much business would you want from a guy that is cherry picking you ?
You let him change a brake lamp...I'm sure that made his week.
Now a minor horn job, which sounds annoying and again will make him no money...as you were also so kind as to take away his profit on the horn.
If he's smart, he'd rather spend his time on a customer that gives him regular, profitable business...,,not someone that uses him when all else fails (or he's trying to get away with spending as little as he can on a 100 K car)
Old 11-20-2012 | 06:04 PM
BigEd
8th Gear

Originally Posted by rotesAuto
got some from Griots......suggested by another member here....
Yes, but was wondering which of the 3 they sell that you got...thanks
Old 11-20-2012 | 06:15 PM
Spokane5150
Banned

Gaygoose....on the ignore list.
Old 11-20-2012 | 06:18 PM
ChristopherG
Burning Brakes

Yeah he didn't get the horn from the mechanic and yeah the mechanic could have made some profit off the sale.

On the other side of it there is nothing against the mechanic padding his labor price to make it worth his while and leaving the customer to either pay it or look elsewhere.

And as pictured in another post, ick brown cars the 80's were ok the first time around but no need to bring back any of it.

The turd brown rx-7 with red and brown plaid seats was enough of that for a lifetime.
Old 11-20-2012 | 06:22 PM
Graygoose997
.org
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Spokane5150
Gaygoose....on the ignore list.
Again with the homophobic nonsense ?
Look, I'm sorry for whatever happened to you as a kid, but it wasn't me.

By the way...why not actually put me on your ignore list....or are you just blowing more smoke ?
Old 11-20-2012 | 06:31 PM
Spokane5150
Banned

Hey man....ick brown was a 70's thing. LOL We had neon in the 80s. Get your genres straight brother.

I agree with what you said about the labor. Petty sure that whole fascia needs to come off so it's really not a quick fix. Plenty of money to spread around.

Originally Posted by ChristopherG
Yeah he didn't get the horn from the mechanic and yeah the mechanic could have made some profit off the sale.

On the other side of it there is nothing against the mechanic padding his labor price to make it worth his while and leaving the customer to either pay it or look elsewhere.

And as pictured in another post, ick brown cars the 80's were ok the first time around but no need to bring back any of it.

The turd brown rx-7 with red and brown plaid seats was enough of that for a lifetime.
Old 11-20-2012 | 09:39 PM
rotesAuto
Three Wheelin'

From: North Carolina, '12 cls63 '14 S550V4, 07TT-gone, 07Targa4S-gone
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Graygoose997
You won't like this answer, but just how much business would you want from a guy that is cherry picking you ?
You let him change a brake lamp...I'm sure that made his week.
Now a minor horn job, which sounds annoying and again will make him no money...as you were also so kind as to take away his profit on the horn.
If he's smart, he'd rather spend his time on a customer that gives him regular, profitable business...,,not someone that uses him when all else fails (or he's trying to get away with spending as little as he can on a 100 K car)
I can completely understand where you're coming from.....and it does make sense and normally I'd actually agree with you....
but in all honesty, I thought the owner of the shop was seeing where I am/was coming from: I contacted him right after I got the Targa, about a month ago, to ask what he thought of the Targa model....and we spoke a few minutes about it.......I was out and about one day and decided to pop in to introduce the car and myself, and to see his shop and hopefully get a gleam at some gems or diamonds in the rough in terms of Pcars......which I did.....some cool stuff laying around as he has been in business a long time and is well aquainted with the Marque.....
so anyway, he see's this younger guy-with a long pony tail like his- and maybe decides I'm too noob for him........some dumb lame-o with a used Pcar??
but I do come back: as you reminded me, for a brake light bulb.......yes, I could have done it......but only wanted the bulb: AND to try and continue to build a relationship......so four times I return for the stupid bulb! the first time it wasn't there yet, (after the time I was told to return), the second.....the same....the third time, it WAS there, it's just the guy looking for it didn't know where to look.......and visit number 4.........score! finally!
and the whole time, I never could get a straight answer from the guy about the cost......just quick witted one liners and bad attempts to be jovial.......
he finally settled on 15 bucks....
okay.....bored yet??

I am merely trying to gauge this new shops ability.....to help care for my ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLAR CAR, again, as you helpfully pointed out......
to MY satisfaction.....not their's.......
but still I looked beyond my own personal interest and tried to think about the car.......
when it comes to the horns......again.....getting a straight forward honest answer simply seems to elude this fella......and frankly as someone else said.....I can't beg the guy to take my spending money......
so on we go............I'll get it done at a dealer and be-hopefully- just as happy with louder air horns!

again, I don't think your comment was lame, I understand completely
Old 11-20-2012 | 09:43 PM
rotesAuto
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by BigEd
Yes, but was wondering which of the 3 they sell that you got...thanks
ended up with three

Super-loud Italian Air Horns,
item number 77839

hope they go on okay........have two of them, and if it goes well, one
for my other cars as well
I'll post a sound link when I get them......hopefully won't suck lol
Old 11-22-2012 | 11:09 AM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Cool

Its not hard at all to access the horn to replace them. Here's my DIY bumper removal. Hope it'l help. link here
**>> http://gallery.rennlist.com/gallery/album430 <<**
Attached Images  
Old 11-22-2012 | 11:56 AM
rotesAuto
Three Wheelin'

http://mbworld.org/forums/attachment...jgxco1_250.gif

thanx man
Old 11-22-2012 | 02:06 PM
vern1
Race Car

i think you got your answer re the 1st 4 times you went there. He did say you could come in and watch but if you dont like the answer or the way its delivered, go elsewhere

(Spokane, classy as always with the gay ****e - whats with you man??)
Old 11-22-2012 | 02:11 PM
McCulla
Pro

Smile

No disrespect to Carerra Mike but, I'm relatively mechanically competent and I'm not sure I'd call this bumper removal job "not hard at all". There were a couple of pretty daunting moments in doing the job for me. At the point where you have to remove the two long clips that are the top most holding points for the cover, I had to custom make some tools to allow enough force to be applied, at the right angle, to pull these clips. I actually broke wire that was heavy clothes hanger thick trying to remove one of the clips! It would not have been AS easy w/o his DIY, in fact, I would not have tackled it w/o that help, but it still was a bit of a challenge. Not that the process is rocket science, it is definitely not, but if someone of limited skill tried this, I could foresee some problems. Just my 2 cents, and my 2 cents alone. Thanks!!

Quick Reply: what would you do?