Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 08:56 PM
Guy
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 342 Likes on 193 Posts
Default Calibration of AWS

Hello,

My 997 had a driver side only airbag deployment. I did all repairs and all codes are clear with the exception of a code 8010,"AWS needs calibration". My "passenger side airbag off" light is illuminated all the time regardless of whether the seat is occupied or not. I know many people have experienced a similar problem when switching seats.

I have Durametric enthusiast and emailed Owen today who tells me that the PRO version is not yet capable of calibrating the AWS. I have tried clearing the code and using the reset command with no luck. My question is this......is there any other way to accomplish this calibration. Any similar experiences out there?

Thanks!
Guy
Old 11-17-2012, 11:17 AM
Spiffyjiff
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

yes i've been thru it. the only way to calibrate (as of now) is thru a shop/p-wiz. i posted on here about how the shop does it and also about the workaround:

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...sue-again.html

actually, i didnt think the enthusiast could clear airbag lights in general... anyway, the pro will not "clear" the light but it can turn off AWS entirely which in my estimation is merely an in-line validation and will not prevent the bags from doing what theyre supposed to do. FWIW, i also have the key activated shut off (for when i had latch on the old seats) and that still turns the light on and off which tells me the system is still turning on and off regardless of whether AWS is enabled or disabled.

Quick Reply: Calibration of AWS