Great delaer experience

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 09:02 AM
Little Green
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Great delaer experience

I was just reading a thread about someone that had a challenging experience with the Service Advisor at their dealership and realized how good I have it with mine. As you can see I have an 05 997 CPO(bought this year) so a 7 year old car(I had bought my cayenne from them as well but it was also used and CPO). They always give me a new Pany or Cayenne loaner. Always take care of every little stupid thing: two weeks ago I took it in for some body creak(turned out to be a right front ball joint, speaker grills rattling and a shift boot that had come loose from the ****(SSk install). It took a week to get my car done but everything was fixed under CPO. Car was washed inside and out and delivered to my house as I was at SEMA.

We tend to just complain about lousy service but sometimes we should reward great customer service by spreading the word as vigorously as we complain.
I have no affiliation with this dealer other than having bought two cars from them.

If you are looking for a car or service near Philly use Porsche of the Main Line. They really are a great full service dealer.
Caesar
Old 11-15-2012, 09:02 AM
Little Green
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 47 Posts

Would help if I spelled dealer correctly
Old 11-15-2012, 09:32 AM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 73 Posts

Always good to hear positive comments about dealers. I feel the same about Porsche of San Antonio. Great people that are customer oriented in sales and service. That said my C2S is on its way for some service today
Old 11-15-2012, 09:36 AM
rotesAuto
Three Wheelin'

Location: North Carolina, '12 cls63 '14 S550V4, 07TT-gone, 07Targa4S-gone
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

at Porsche prices I'm kind of suprised folks even have bad experiences......
Old 11-15-2012, 10:56 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 805 Likes on 468 Posts

Add me to the list of good experience with the local dealer. Porsche of Norwell has been fantastic over the past 1.5 years. On my last visit two weeks ago I brought them bagels because of their help on a previous issue and I ended up getting a big discount off my brake and oil change service. They also gave me a new A6 as a loaner and let me pick out an item from their accessory display at no charge.

Keep in mind that attitude makes a big difference, and I'm not talking about their attitude. Treat others the way you want to be treated.

OTOH if you are cordial and friendly and the dealer doesn't reciprocate I wouldn't be shy about making a comment and never using them again.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:12 AM
phily911
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Mixed experiences at my dealer but its a dealer with a pretty poor rep. They are getting better, I love my service guy.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:55 PM
hakaida702
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would never let a dealer wash my car. I've had too many bad experiences with them scratching my cars. This goes for all dealerships.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:05 PM
DHC
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hakaida702
I would never let a dealer wash my car. I've had too many bad experiences with them scratching my cars. This goes for all dealerships.
This.

And I've had an excellent experience at Hennessy in north Atlanta.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:09 PM
Coloradoheel
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 18 Posts

I do some of my own service, some done by a local indy, and some at my dealer (Porsche Colorado Springs) - I like my service guy a lot (a PCA member and fellow track enthusiast). The dealer isn't the cheapest option, but they are frequently the fastest, and have never screwed me over (their customer service has in fact, been excellent.)
Old 11-15-2012, 05:05 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Ditto - not only do I have the service writer put DO NOT WASH on the work order, I also print out a page in 60 pitch font with the same message and leave it on the dash.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:09 PM
mx22
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Little Green
If you are looking for a car or service near Philly use Porsche of the Main Line. They really are a great full service dealer.
Caesar
lol I knew that dealership behind your car looked familiar...
Old 11-15-2012, 05:34 PM
fastm3
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Little Green
I was just reading a thread about someone that had a challenging experience with the Service Advisor at their dealership and realized how good I have it with mine. As you can see I have an 05 997 CPO(bought this year) so a 7 year old car(I had bought my cayenne from them as well but it was also used and CPO). They always give me a new Pany or Cayenne loaner. Always take care of every little stupid thing: two weeks ago I took it in for some body creak(turned out to be a right front ball joint, speaker grills rattling and a shift boot that had come loose from the ****(SSk install). It took a week to get my car done but everything was fixed under CPO. Car was washed inside and out and delivered to my house as I was at SEMA.

We tend to just complain about lousy service but sometimes we should reward great customer service by spreading the word as vigorously as we complain.
I have no affiliation with this dealer other than having bought two cars from them.

Caesar
+1 Porsche of The Main Line has been good to me too. I would recommend them.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:05 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 805 Likes on 468 Posts

When my car goes to the dealer it is spotless. They look at it some advisors will ask and others will just assume no washing.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:09 PM
TommyV44
Drifting

Received 465 Likes on 268 Posts

Love my service guy and the entire department. Jack Daniels in NJ treats me like I'm somebody special each and every time I go there.......I'd never go the independent route.....never.

I never mind paying for great!

Tom
Old 11-15-2012, 08:01 PM
krysFly
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't even comment on my local dealer, as I was lucky enough to find a great Indy mechanic (Porsche engineer) Also him being my neighbor doesn't hurt.
Once you find a dealer or an indy that you trust, hold on to them, they are irreplaceable

Last edited by krysFly; 11-15-2012 at 09:11 PM.

Quick Reply: Great delaer experience