Sponsored by:

Buying advice: 2009 Carrera 4S Cab, but theft title

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 08:57 AM
rotesAuto
Three Wheelin'

Location: North Carolina, '12 cls63 '14 S550V4, 07TT-gone, 07Targa4S-gone
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

while it does look very nice, I'd walk as other have mentioned.....

keep to your search!
Old 11-14-2012, 01:21 PM
olouie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep - the search goes on. You will actually be surprised how hard it is to find a Silver Carrera S with black interior 2009+ for a decent price. Would love certain options (sports pkg, sports chrono, heated seats etc), but even that is hard to find. For some reason dark colour cars are easy to find. I am guessing as more buyers pick u the new 991 Cabs the older 997s will come in.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:44 PM
phily911
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow, 70K for a 50K mile car with a dirty history.

Granted it is a top of the line car but that doesnt make much sense to me. I would rather get a an older less optioned car with a clean history.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:00 PM
daddyscar
Rennlist Member

Received 107 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by San Rensho
If the price is right, just buy it and drive it like YOU stole it from the thief who stole it.
That's funny. People here tend to quickly say "move on" with cars with issues. But I also say . . . if the price is right . . . However with this car, the part that scares me in the repair invoice is "A theft recovery with electrical damage". Even if you get the price low enough so you don't eat it when you go to sell it, I'd hate to think of electrical gremlins that might pop up during my ownership.

Also, I can't believe this car is being cpo'ed.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:38 PM
olouie

Originally Posted by daddyscar
That's funny. People here tend to quickly say "move on" with cars with issues. But I also say . . . if the price is right . . . However with this car, the part that scares me in the repair invoice is "A theft recovery with electrical damage". Even if you get the price low enough so you don't eat it when you go to sell it, I'd hate to think of electrical gremlins that might pop up during my ownership.

Also, I can't believe this car is being cpo'ed.
Makes one wonder about what else can be CPO'ed.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:16 PM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

Received 324 Likes on 160 Posts

WTF??? they still want $70,000 for it?? They are out of their minds!!! this should be priced at $59,000 with that kind of history!
Old 11-15-2012, 04:52 AM
kkswow12
Drifting

Received 103 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by olouie
Hey guys, looking to upgrade cars and found a nice 2009 Carrera 4S Cab (http://santabarbara.porschedealer.co...76178/info.php), BUT it has a theft reported and an extensive repair list from the theft (repairs listed in the attachment).

The dealer seems honest about it and provided the repair list and the car is CPO, but still unsure about it since most of the damage looks to be from bottoming the car out or something (botton damage).

Any tips appreciated.
looks kind of like the motor hit the ground, exhaust manifolds, oli pan, how about motor mounts....no way ray, tooo many unknowns
Old 11-20-2012, 02:26 PM
olouie

Hilarious stuff from them. They gave me a whole song and dance about how great the car was and how great the price was, but since I had issues they would cut it down to $66,335. I of course said no thanks and now I see they now dropped the price to $67,530.00.

Its amazing how long some dealers are willing to wait and let a car gather dust (all while dropping the price in small increments) rather than just sell the car for a lower price. If I was a dealer I would have an incentive to move as many cars as possible at a profit instead of trying to maximum profit on every single car, which I think actually leads to less overall profit since they might make $500-1k more than if they just sold it quickly, but it takes 2-3 months to get there.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:25 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by olouie
Hilarious stuff from them. They gave me a whole song and dance about how great the car was and how great the price was, but since I had issues they would cut it down to $66,335. I of course said no thanks and now I see they now dropped the price to $67,530.00.

Its amazing how long some dealers are willing to wait and let a car gather dust (all while dropping the price in small increments) rather than just sell the car for a lower price. If I was a dealer I would have an incentive to move as many cars as possible at a profit instead of trying to maximum profit on every single car, which I think actually leads to less overall profit since they might make $500-1k more than if they just sold it quickly, but it takes 2-3 months to get there.
Buy it, if they offered it at 50K!

It's actually very very over-priced, specially with 43K miles on it... I am sure some fool in Santa Barbara would buy it, but definitely over-priced.

I would look outside of CA, as they seem to have a premium over other states.

Quick Reply: Buying advice: 2009 Carrera 4S Cab, but theft title