Sponsored by:

Gundo in DE/PA/MD/NJ

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 04:34 PM
fastm3
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Gundo in DE/PA/MD/NJ

I'd like to do a Gundo hack to my 997.1. Is there a recommended installer/hacker in the DE / PA / (Northern) MD/ (southern) NJ area.

Actually if anyone in the area has had the Gundo hack done, I'd love to hear your exhaust note before I proceed.

Thanks guys.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:03 PM
Little Green
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 48 Posts

I pm'd you back but will post here for general info.
Went through fister. They send you ones already done and you can have them on in 20 minutes. I used ramps but I don't think you need them. I am not sure where you live but I live in Delaware county(south of Philly) but I work in Philly. You can listen to mine if you are up this way but trust me you will love them. Start up in the morning is perfect and it's stock quiet until you hit 3K RPM. It then opens up and sounds just right. No drone on the highway if you are in the right gear.
You will literally need a 13mm wrench or a 13mm socket and ratchet.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:55 AM
fastm3
Racer

Thanks some for your reply Green. I thought the Gundo hack involved cutting a piece of the exhaust pipe which houses the silencer, and welding a 2" pipe in its place. Shows you what I know about this. I'll look into the Fister solution, especially since it seems to be to easy to install and remove, and requires no cutting and welding. Also, the cost is about the same as the Gundo. Is this correct? Is the sound similar to the Gundo?
Old 11-09-2012, 03:44 PM
Little Green
Addict
Rennlist Member

The fister is the same as the gundo. Gundo is a user on here that basically took a pipe and welded it right before the inlet of the exhaust to the pipe going out to the tip. It is almost identical to the Porsche sport exhaust option but that unit basically can be shut off for quiet driving where as the gundo is always open. Under 3000 rpm the exhaust pressure is light enough where the air passes through the muffler. When over 3000 RPM the exhaust pressure backs up and finds the easiest way out which is the gundo pipe for lack of a better term. Gundo did it at home and shared with the rest of us. Some muffler shops will do the hack but it can look really bad and will not be any cheaper than the fister piece. Darrin builds them and he does a core exchange with you. When you install his mufflers, you send yours back to him.
Do this mod asap. If you buy them and bring them to my house we can install them in no time.
Old 11-10-2012, 01:10 PM
fastm3
Racer

Jeez, what an offer Green! Thanks man.

You've got a PM.
Old 11-10-2012, 03:02 PM
drummin4fun
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Little Green
Darrin builds them and he does a core exchange with you. When you install his mufflers, you send yours back to him.
Do this mod asap.
This only works when people install their Fisters and return the cores. I've been waiting over a month for a hacked set.

By the way... I'd like to make it clear that this is in no way a reflection on Darin or his work. It is about customers not returning their cores only.

Last edited by drummin4fun; 11-10-2012 at 03:18 PM.
Old 11-10-2012, 04:52 PM
Little Green
Addict
Rennlist Member

Fast,
I will be in Perry Hall Maryland for a soccer game tomorrow afternoon. No idea how far that is from you but i will be there around 4.
Let me know
Old 11-11-2012, 03:07 AM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

Received 324 Likes on 160 Posts

Same here SOME PEOPLE HAVE NO COURTESY & DONT RETURN THEIR CORES FAST ENOUGH!, I've also been waiting a month for Fister exhaust
Old 11-11-2012, 09:25 PM
TerpsRED
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 3 Posts

This mod is fantastic. I was lucky to find a set for my 997.1 from a member of the "other" forum. He had moved on to a 997.2. I bolted these on in about 2 hours. (Taking my sweet time though). It sounds great. Don't think twice, it is an easy mod that makes the car come alive.

Quick Reply: Gundo in DE/PA/MD/NJ