Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My months old 997 taken by Sandy

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 02:35 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

I'm glad you and your family are safe. Property can be replaced but your loved ones are irreplaceable. Best of luck to you and I hope things work out with your Boxster.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:46 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

as long as you're safe bro'
Old 11-01-2012, 04:59 PM
PTParks
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rotesAuto
I fooking HATE insurance companies........I am currently without home owners this year......(pray)
I have been a home owner since 07 and have been paying over a grand a year for essntially nothing IMO......so this year I told them to eat me.......hope that doesn't come back to haunt me......

good luck PasPar2
You pay a grand a year to protect the roof over your head, and you consider that money wasted? Gamble much, Diamond Jim?? You won't think it's a waste when you get wiped out by a fire or somebody breaks their leg on your front walkway. Do you drive around without auto insurance too?
Old 11-01-2012, 05:14 PM
BoxsterG
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PTParks
You pay a grand a year to protect the roof over your head, and you consider that money wasted? Gamble much, Diamond Jim?? You won't think it's a waste when you get wiped out by a fire or somebody breaks their leg on your front walkway. Do you drive around without auto insurance too?
PTParks,

Please remeber that insurance is optional. He can choose to self insure or purchase none at all. It may seem like a gamble to some people but insurance is only for those who would like to mitigate the loss if something happens. It can help reduce the cost IF something happens and you need to file a claim.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:55 PM
TommyV44
Drifting

Received 465 Likes on 268 Posts

Originally Posted by BoxsterG
PTParks,

Please remeber that insurance is optional. He can choose to self insure or purchase none at all. It may seem like a gamble to some people but insurance is only for those who would like to mitigate the loss if something happens. It can help reduce the cost IF something happens and you need to file a claim.
That can't be a serious response....tell me you're kidding...house insurance?????
Old 11-01-2012, 06:58 PM
997C2S9ff
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Really sorry for your ride - can't even imagine
When I have a small dent or so I can't sleep (Yeah I'm sick)

Wish you the best
Old 11-01-2012, 07:12 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

I hope auto insurance will cover it but it may not happen, they all are very good with how 'acts of god' are understood and will probably point to fema for coverage for any losses. But I wish OP all the best and luck to get it worked out with an insurer.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:25 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,032 Likes on 531 Posts

Very sorry to hear about your situation. I really hope things work out on the positive side.

This would be a great time for this country to quit propping up other countries and use the money to take care of our own people.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:55 PM
Straniero
Intermediate

You poor man! What a list of misery. Any one of those items by itself would have been bad enough. I wish you lots of strength and good luck!
Old 11-01-2012, 09:50 PM
tpenta
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about the situation. Best of luck with the recovery from the storm!

-T
Old 11-01-2012, 10:15 PM
drummin4fun
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by USMC_DS1
Best of luck with the recovery of property and let us know if you need anything... I have lots of tools, spare parts, etc and would be happy to send some your way on lone(tools) or to keep(spare parts).
Now this is the spirit of brother/sisterhood that warms my heart about this forum.

All the best to the OP. My heart and prayers go out to you.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:48 PM
Poshaman
Instructor

I am so sorry that you are in this mess. But at least you and your family are safe. Good luck with recovery process.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:08 AM
PasPar2
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

thanks all for the kind words and thanks USMC_DS1 for the offer..

quick update: found a crew to clean the basement out today that can start tomorrow - just hope they show up with all this demand... found a plumber who will come tomorrow night to give me the bad news about my mechanical.

Geico adjuster called me at 815 to tell me he is taking pictures of the 997 and wants to see the x5. I was sleeping in another part of town that had luxuries such as hot water and electricity so I told him I can only get to him in 45 minutes. he offered to wait. when I arrived he took one look at the x5 and totaled it as well. I gave him my last service receipt from to prove mileage and signed over the title. waiting on the estimate till tomorrow. The x5 is leased and is not my problem anymore. Oh it died on me in my driveway 3 hours ago...
Old 11-02-2012, 12:30 AM
PasPar2
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

more questions: I am again getting conflicting info about the electric wiring down there. the main electric box was fully submerged in this saltwater... Some say it needs to be replaced, other say the only fuses need to be replace.

one contractor said he would also replace all the wiring - its "BX" wiring - wire in a flexible metal tube.

what do you think?
Old 11-02-2012, 01:07 AM
Devil Boy
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Electricity and salt water are going to promote corrosion. Replacing the electrical components that were submerged or exposed to the water is probably the best option.

Quick Reply: My months old 997 taken by Sandy