Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GTS Lowered on TechArt Springs

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 02:41 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,042 Likes on 535 Posts

Mike your car looks fantastic. I actually like the stock wheels in silver on your car.

So you had standard PASM and added lowering springs basically making it Sport PASM?
Correct, I added lowering springs to get to SPASM height but it isn't SPASM. I'd have to change a lot more parts. On a SPASM car the springs, shocks, controller and maybe the sways are all different part numbers. It still amazes me that a drop of only 10-12mm from PASM height to SPASM height can make that much of a visual change.

On my wheels the front valve stems are metal and they come on the TPMS sensors Forgeline installed on the wheels. The main change is that the metal valve stem is smaller in diameter allowing it to fit. As I recall you had a problem with the rubber stems is that correct?
Old 11-02-2012, 02:46 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pho King Fast
Preferences will of course differ. Here is factory painted aero on the car I drive. Calipers are red, though not visible in these pics - my point was that the contrast and shapes in the pictures posted are very inconsistent.
Now I see where you are coming from. The white/black combination on the GTS is outstanding. The two color theme with painted aero does pull the car together.

It is a very nice car.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:19 PM
Petroguy
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alan the car is beautiful. Well done.

I don't lower cars myself, but I respect the look and the intent of those who do. Looks good.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:18 PM
hakaida702
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the unpainted aero better. I think it looks sportier that way and I wouldn't be bummed out when the front eventually scrapes on something. And get clear corners. I swapped mine out a few weeks ago and makes a big difference.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:13 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan C.
Mike your car looks fantastic. I actually like the stock wheels in silver on your car.

Correct, I added lowering springs to get to SPASM height but it isn't SPASM. I'd have to change a lot more parts. On a SPASM car the springs, shocks, controller and maybe the sways are all different part numbers. It still amazes me that a drop of only 10-12mm from PASM height to SPASM height can make that much of a visual change.

On my wheels the front valve stems are metal and they come on the TPMS sensors Forgeline installed on the wheels. The main change is that the metal valve stem is smaller in diameter allowing it to fit. As I recall you had a problem with the rubber stems is that correct?
Yes I had big issues with the rubber stems that Forgeline installed and the Porsche TPMS would not fit on the 8.5 wide wheel and they were going to make the fronts a 9" wide wheel which would be better anyway but couldn't at the time. Also the rear center piece was not milled correctly for center lock as it fit way too tight. Ironically the 18" wheels I ordered a few months ago they had delivery issues due to the 9x18 front wheel too. I could deal with that sort of but they kept telling me next week and next week and so forth and it was getting out of hand and I had paid for DE's coming up. That and there lack of communication and never calling me or my vendor back when they said they would. I left messages for David at Forgeline and he never ever called back. So I got frustrated and cancelled the order and am glad I bought through Pacific Western Performance a reenlist advertiser, because I had zero issues getting my refund. Jeff @ Pac West Perf is a real stand up no BS guy...thank goodness.
It really pained me because I really really wanted Forgeline wheels...tried to buy them twice and still feel that they are a top quality extremely well built wheel....but I just didn't feel they much cared about selling me a set of wheels.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:56 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Mike,

I can't believe you had that many problems. I'm on about my 15th set of wheels from them and never had an issue. This is the first set of center locks and it sounds like your experience may have solved any teething issues with center locks.
Old 11-04-2012, 07:15 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Alan well yeah I had issues and I d have a set now but Forgelines la k of customer care and service turned me off as well as most the guys I track with
Old 11-04-2012, 10:29 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Mike,

I'm sorry to hear about your problems with Forgeline.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:19 AM
vg247
Pro

Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

Looks very sharp Alan..

I'm getting Techarts installed this week as well.

-Did you get the alignment done right away or did you wait 100miles or so for new springs to settle before getting the alignment (i have had mixed feedback on this)

Quick Reply: GTS Lowered on TechArt Springs